collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice regarding an eBay transaction...  (Read 1027 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Advice regarding an eBay transaction...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 05:00:43 PM »
Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for ANY reason on Ebay.  It's a rather unbalanced system sometimes, but in your situation it works in your favor!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Really? Sellers can't leave negative feedback... what do they do if the buyer truly deserves it?

Even though in this case, I'm the buyer, and I enjoy eBay (technically) being on "my side"... I know I backed off using eBay for many reasons, one being that, as a small-time seller, I felt like buyers could really take advantage of me, and I couldn't ever retaliate, I was always in the wrong as a seller.

In this case, unfortunately, the seller IS in the wrong, or at least in the wrong about having zero communication and shipping the ponies late. I'm hardly even concerned about the lack of description and terrible condition, they still are in the wrong.

I still am biting my nails off looking at these ponies wanting to try and fix them up... I just don't want to do it until my "ultimatum" of Tuesday rolls around...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »
This seller does sound pretty awful to work with , and you are handling it really well :hug:  Like Ponylady mentioned - if you dont want to go public with their ID (or at least not yet) , you could still let us TS mods know who this person is, and yep we'll know if there were any other issues with them.
It does sound like they are deserving of a negative feedback, but its only fair to wait until Tuesday as you said you would, and give them one last chance to sort things out. if they dont work this out with you then please dont feel bad about leaving them the appropriate feedback and posting their ID here.
The ebay feedback thing... you dont need to worry about that because as LBs said,  sellers cant leave negative feedbacks anymore.  That isnt very good for sellers , since we only the get the choice of leaving buyers positive feedback or none at all (and there are some really dodgy buyers out there that sooo deserve a neg!), but at least it also means that bad sellers  (like the one you are dealing with)  cant leave retaliatory neg feedback

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »
I did report the name to ponylady - I can to you too if you'd like. I won't have a problem posting it on this thread once feedback is left.

Ah well, you know, I've been lucky. I've done a LOT of transactions since getting back into my pony collection, and I can think of less than a handful which were hard to deal with. So, I will report the name when I leave feedback, hate to ruin that persons Christmas with it though! (ahh there's that Christmas spirit hitting me again! Haha)
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal