collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What positive things do non-pony people say?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Re: What positive things do non-pony people say?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »
I've had people tell me how pretty they are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
I did a lot of my customs while I was living in an offcampus house in college. I'd get some people watching me paint and picking their favorite customs. The Kanagawa wave pony almost always won.

Duster reference]

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »
Sometimes people my age (children of the 80s) cry when they see my collection because it brings back memories they hadn't realized they'd lost.  Or people my mom's age, seeing them and remembering in a visceral way their children's childhood.  They say, "I HAD her!!!" In awe and then find more and more--toys their friends had, toys they'd circled in the sears catalog for Santa, forgotten best friends.  People see the collection and don't leave.  Too many memories of the 1980's can be triggered and stored there.

My Mom says, "I bought you your first My Little Pony!".  She likes credit for the collection--even though I got rid of all my childhood ponies (and toys!) in 1989 and didn't start collecting until 1996.  :)

But yeah, the nicest thing people say isn't anything--but their tears speak volumes to its worth.  :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »
Mainly this:

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !! COOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!"

Usually people are just amazed that I have "so many" (not) and that I have no problems on showing them off. I think this happens as well because I have a lot other toys in my room.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »
I get lots of people saying they had almost all of them, which makes me laugh, too... and then they see mine and are trying to hide their surprise that there are so many, like they knew that because they 'had nearly all of them'!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »
My mum tells everyone at every occasion she can about my ponies. They tend to be a popular topic of conversation in her office and with any one she meets!

However, other people the best reaction is always "Oh I remember those!" or "Oh I had those...I had that one!" I love that reaction.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »
My friend thinks my collection is awesome. My stepgrandma even said it's impressive. Everyone else just makes sarcastic comments about them.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »
I don't have many, but those who see my collection are blown away.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »
With women they say "WOW!! I want to come over and play at your house!" lol or something like that.

Men say at first "That's a lot of ponies."
Then I show them my customs, then they say, "That's so cool."
Then I show them my favorite custom, Ace.
Then they get really big eyes and say "I want a pony!"

I'm pretty good at getting people addicted to things. And ponies are really addicting. :D Resistance is futile ;)

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
Luckily I don't think I've ever gotten a bad response when talking about my collection! It's usually a lot of shocked expressions and ooooohs and ahhhhs when people see it in person. When I had a pony room my extended family always wanted to see what was new and how much it had grown since the last time. My favorite was when little kids would see it! I had a much younger cousin and some girls I babysat for see it a few times and they were just in awe! As others have said, I'm not too shy with my collection and if someone has a problem with it or is a downer about it then maybe it's time to reexamine the relationship.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »
My favorite reaction has to be when I had a coworker/friend over to see our house for the first time. Next day at work other coworkers asked her what she thought about my ponies  (everyone at work knows I collect) and she says "When you said you had a pony room I thought you had a room that had ponies in it. I didn't realize that the ponies had their OWN room!"  XD

Also every time my mom comes to visit she wants to see what's new. She bought me my first childhood pony and I think she also likes to take credit for my collection. :P

Elf

Offline mlpkatie

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »
Most of my 30+ year old relatives/friends/etc finds it interesting and some would tell stories about they had some when they were young. Some when they see my collection, they smile and always ask me which one is who :P And of coarse my younger relatives/friends/etc love them and sometimes when they come visit and see my collection theres a TLC Pony with their name on it (Literally, I have a sticky note with their name on it on the pony :P )

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 02:33:05 AM »
When people see my collection for the first time I get a lot of "HOLY <insert your choice of expletive here> :P Not in a bad way, just the sheer shock that the 'pony collection' I have is a room-full and not a shelf-full lol!

Everyone in my life just basically has the view that it makes me happy so they're happy I do it :) I have good friends.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
My ex-boyfriend loves my pony collection. He has huge collections of 80s toys and video game stuff himself so he liked that I had a neat collection that I was passionate about. He still looks for ponies for me when he goes the flea market.

The few other friends who've seen my collection just shake their heads and smile at me like "you're crazy but at least you're having fun."

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »
the mothers of my kids' friends usually get excited remembering their ponies and then make plans to go back to the family home to see if they are in the attic ;) I have also inspired a few other mums to buy "common" G1 ponies off ebay for their children.

My husband buys most of my ponies for me as he is so good at charity shop hunting so I would have to say he is supportive. He never says anything positive though. My parent and parents in law are downright hostile to the herd but they are bought with the money that I earn by workind damn hard so its none of their business!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal