collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I complain to Hasbro?  (Read 4631 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Should I complain to Hasbro?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
I'd rather keep her and use her as a bait or something, since I could possibly trade for a better looking one.

This is the response I got:
"Hello Emma,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your my Little Pony product.

You are welcome to send it to me, and I will replace it with a similar item from the assortment- unfortunately I cannot guarantee it will be the exact same pony."

I don't think I should send her back...

In your position I probably would not send her back either...the current "assortment" is the luggage ponies...you could end up with one of the main 6 in return for her...and personally I found Lily Blossom a toughy to track down without swapping her potentially for one of the easy to find main 6.

As others have said, we need to remember that HB have tried in many ways to keep ponies at "pocket money" prices [at around £4 per pony, for many people in the 80s, ponies were more like special present items] - in order to keep the purchase price lower [yes although in many ways manufacture is cheaper] we unfortunately have to expect smaller items and poorer quality. Brushables are at best £5 in the UK...for that price I can cope with the odd issue or 2...now if they were charging me more like £10-12 then I would complain if there was anything wrong at all! Its all about price point perception.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:40 PM »
I'd rather keep her and use her as a bait or something, since I could possibly trade for a better looking one.

This is the response I got:
"Hello Emma,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your my Little Pony product.

You are welcome to send it to me, and I will replace it with a similar item from the assortment- unfortunately I cannot guarantee it will be the exact same pony."

I don't think I should send her back...

In your position I probably would not send her back either...the current "assortment" is the luggage ponies...you could end up with one of the main 6 in return for her...and personally I found Lily Blossom a toughy to track down without swapping her potentially for one of the easy to find main 6.

As others have said, we need to remember that HB have tried in many ways to keep ponies at "pocket money" prices [at around £4 per pony, for many people in the 80s, ponies were more like special present items] - in order to keep the purchase price lower [yes although in many ways manufacture is cheaper] we unfortunately have to expect smaller items and poorer quality. Brushables are at best £5 in the UK...for that price I can cope with the odd issue or 2...now if they were charging me more like £10-12 then I would complain if there was anything wrong at all! Its all about price point perception.

I remembered once when the common toy store I visit had some W2 on sale had run out, so I went to that more expensive shop to look. The difference was stunning as said 12$ for a single 22$ for a story pack in the common store, then on the other store they charged 16$ for a single and 31$ for a story pack! :shocked:
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »
Gosh Emfen! G4 prices are very random arent they...I think the only place that gets a "reasonable" price is the US....for the UK market £5 per pony is actually I think reasonable but I know a lot of countries like your own get some painful price hikes!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 01:22:42 PM »
Ouch! >.o With prices like that you might be better off buying from someone in the US... even with shipping you might end up paying less than in a local store...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
That was their first response with me and a silly issue I had with something. I declined and they sent me a free pony... but honestly, I didn't want the pony.

You could try to fix her up with some light sanding.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »
I asked if I could get the replacement anyway, but we'll see.  :think:
I mean if the pony is good overall a kid I know could have it?

Post Merge: April 24, 2012, 01:42:18 AM

This is the reply I got:
"Hello Emma,

I am afraid I will need you to send the pony to me in order to be able to send a replacement. As I noted before I cannot make sure it is the same pony you will get back.

Med venlig hilsen/ Kind regards

Morten Simonsen

Customer Supporter"
I guess I'll keep her then and make a custom out of her.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:44:37 AM by Emfen »
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal