collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: YOUR My Little Pony Fan Generations [All Ideas Welcome]  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: YOUR My Little Pony Fan Generations [All Ideas Welcome]
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 10:38:06 PM »
I see Tales and G3 to be like the peace period of ponies. In G1, they were struggling to live in this hostile wilderness with psycho neighbors, then things settled down to a more prosperous time.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 10:59:10 PM »
I would love to see a generation whit different body types between ponies. Actually I have my own headcanon about it:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Beware my bad english here:

All of them, even donkeys and zebras have the same common ancestor, but for diferents reasons all change at some point. (Zebras and Donkeys come from a little population that move during a big winter to another continent and, whit no much genetics variations due the little numer of individuals, they change to they own species in not so much time.) They also share some genetics whit Earth Ponies.

Pegasus are actually a big mystery. Not even them know how or when the first one appear, but some belive that, long time ago, there was a mix between an earth pony and a Hippogriff. They are the smallest of all the equus family and actually have a big part of their body cover by feathers, fluffy feathers that protect them from the low temperatures in the sky.

Unicorns appear first in dark forests/swamp (Long helps help to walk in the wather with more facility). The horns at first were used as a weapon to fight with each other for mares and territories. Later come the magic.

Note: Unicorns have mostly red-pigments on their fur, pegasus blue and earth ones yellow. When they star to interbreed, there begin to appear more diversity of colors, like purple or green!

Whit this, just imagine! Ah serie about how the society start. How they learn to worck and accept each other. The story of the first pegasus, the first unicorn that learn how to use magic! (maybe from Flutter ponies?) Maybe even some life lessons  of "pure breed" familys to star to accept others differents from them. (I actually have the headcanon that in theb "Modern days" is difficult found a "pure breed unicorn/pegasus/earth pony")

Also sea ponies! (I dont add them because Im not happy whit my current desing.) Like whales, they start as terrest creatures and later move to near the water, everytime staying more time on it. I imagine them more like... seals or manaties!

EDIT: Sea Pony!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:24:03 PM by Sochy »

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 12:10:55 AM »
So many great ideas! So far Lore-Lei's idea is my fav ;)
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 05:56:36 AM »
Thank you very much.

I also agree, there are a lot of great ideas, Al especially bounced off numerous good ones, especially the Twinkle Eyed ponies.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 08:13:15 AM »
Ooh, I should add sea ponies to my gen.
Don't fret, I'm going to post some individual images and
explain personalities soon.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 10:50:15 AM »
Al especially bounced off numerous good ones, especially the Twinkle Eyed ponies.
Thank you.  I had put some thought into the Twinkle Eyes.  Obviously the comic's origin of them is fairly well known here, but I found that origin story to not be as good a fit for my continuity.  I had always intended to have the Jewel Desert be a place in this world (it's one of my favorite locales from the original series) and thought they could related.  That the ponies' old homeland had outposts on the fringes of the desert and the ponies living there would over generations of exposure to its magic display more jewel-like traits.

Something I have also been considering is the ponies' queen (Majesty) is very old.  Ponies have an average lifespan of two centuries, and she is a little more than a century and a half old.  She wouldn't be comically emaciated like Granny Smith, but she would have creases at the corners of her eyes and cheeks that give her an appearance of distinction.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 01:08:12 PM »
Thank you.  I had put some thought into the Twinkle Eyes.  Obviously the comic's origin of them is fairly well known here, but I found that origin story to not be as good a fit for my continuity.  I had always intended to have the Jewel Desert be a place in this world (it's one of my favorite locales from the original series) and thought they could related.  That the ponies' old homeland had outposts on the fringes of the desert and the ponies living there would over generations of exposure to its magic display more jewel-like traits.

Something I have also been considering is the ponies' queen (Majesty) is very old.  Ponies have an average lifespan of two centuries, and she is a little more than a century and a half old.  She wouldn't be comically emaciated like Granny Smith, but she would have creases at the corners of her eyes and cheeks that give her an appearance of distinction.

I actually find your idea of the Jewel Desert to be better than the comic's story, I mean there was only a couple of TE ponies shown in that particular issue?
I think 3 at most.

Where would that leave the rest of them? I think that a colony of TE ponies who are simply born with the jewel eyes would make more sense if
you're going to have a lot of them around. And I think the amount of them that G1's toyline had would fit the bill.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »
I plan for all of them to be included in the group along with 3 OC stallions Stargazer (Galaxy's twin brother with the constellation of Orion as his symbol), Dune Buggy, and Scud.  There are far more TE ponies out there, but these are the ones who are in this particular group of ponies.  Majesty's band is essentially all of the North American releases from Year 1 to Year 5 plus the U.K. Mountain Boys (who are unicorns in this version), a half dozen OC pegasus stallions, and a stallion of each species from both the TE and TAF types.  However, they are not the whole of the ponies population of this planet.  They are just the particular population the story follows to begin with.

I might even add more, some ponies from Year 6 like Nightglider and Blueberry Baskets have caught my attention.  G3's Waterfire could be added.  Some of the non-U.S. releases like Nightlight and Honeycomb are also possibilities.  (I currently have Sweet Stuff being in charge of "sweet things" including raising bees, but that could be Honeycomb's job.)

Many ponies also have certain roles in this community.  Sunlight and Quackers are their meteorologists, Trickles is their hydrologist, Posey is botanist, etc.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 03:35:25 PM »
That would make sense. Gotta have an economy, yes? Also giving some other ponies a bit of background.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 04:12:12 PM »
The ponies did have an economy and a civilization.  My backstory for the ponies is they lived in the Land of Argyte, a cold and stormy region in the subarctic on the shores of the Frigid Sea.  The climate was much like that found on the Shetland Islands, causing the ponies to remain small and instead develop intelligence to survive in this marginal environment.  However, they eventually reached a point where their population was too large for them to feed.  All attempts to increase crop yields failed as they were at the absolute limit of agricultural production for their climate.

The answer was to change that climate to increase the growing season and make it generally more hospitable to agriculture.  The process should have been spread over decades, but societal pressures demanded immediate results.  The sudden change in climate had disastrous results as atmospheric imbalance led to massive and devastating storms they destroyed their communities and infrastructure.  The massive amount of magic built up to change the climate also created a byproduct energy that rendered the soil inhospitable to plant life.  Their civilization destroyed and their soil barren, the surviving ponies divided into bands and scattered across the land in search of a new home.  Majesty's caravan heads west.  They initially stop in Twinkle Eye outpost where some of its residents join her while others go out seeking other bands headed in different directions.  They travel across the northern Jewel Desert to the Barrier Mountains beyond which is the land of Boreas.  It is here Majesty meets Spike who tells them of a castle she and her followers can live in.  However, they learn that there is more to this castle than they were told.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:14 PM »
I'm currently working on a My Little Pony fanseries with a friend.  I'm being careful with how much I'm revealing at the moment, but it's basically set in the future of Friendship is Magic, with the main characters being new ponies, created especially for this show (yes, that does mean they're OCs), with their own storylines.  The show is obviously non-canon, and will not strictly follow FiM to the letter, but will rather combine the canon of FiM with it's own "history".  As it stands, Season 1 and Season 2 are the only seasons that are 100% part of our show's canon.

Despite being an "Alternative Sequel" to Friendship is Magic, we are not limiting ourselves to G4.  The fanseries is basically one big love letter to the entire My Little Pony franchise, and we will be taking bits and pieces from all generations, including the characters themselves.  In addition, there will be several "shout-outs" to previous generations (and G4) scattered about throughout the show.  It's basically going to be a "made by fans, for fans" kind of thing.   

I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »
Sea Ponies mate with rare males and lay their eggs in a fresh water spawning ground, which they then leave alone to hatch, Once they do, the male and female baby sea ponies form separate bands and make their way to the sea. Those that survive predation will live to pass on their singing voices and beautiful colors and  this is why you don't see Sea Pony families in the toyline/cartoon.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:34 PM »
I hope I didn't kill this topic with my pony backstory.  Too dark?

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:18 PM »
This topic started me doodling and writing in a notebook my pony ideas, its contagious!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »
It's going to be like G4 just with the next generation and more...
I've seen that all too many times and trust me many did not end well... most ended up in the 'My Mane6 OTP's kids are the main cast but literally nothing has changed around' category.
So be wary of that, if it's set in the future than make it feel like it's in the future. Though, try not to go overboard either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal