collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: YOUR My Little Pony Fan Generations [All Ideas Welcome]  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
YOUR My Little Pony Fan Generations [All Ideas Welcome]
« on: August 07, 2015, 04:28:29 AM »
This is a thread for you sorts with ideas for new worlds of ponies.  Are they extensions of the current generation, reboots or expansions of past generations, or completely new continuities all together.  Bring them here and discuss.  Feedback and discussion are highly recommended here.  Also, posting links to literature and artwork (as long as they are not from sites on the black list) is encouraged.  Even if you don't have a fan generation, your input and feedback are welcome.

So, have fun.  I'll get around to posting my stuff later.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
Re: YOUR My Little Pony Fan Generations [All Ideas Welcome]
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 05:41:51 AM »
The only generations that have ever appealed to me are G1 and G3. I would love to see G1 ponies (or very simliar) made again. They could be called G1.5 lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »
I would love...love...LOVE!!! To see Hasbro go back in time and remade every
pony from G1 again! And all the playsets and those cute pony wear sets. But so that every country gets everything! But this would be an Utopia....but owh how I wish...

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »
Bring back the G3 mold :P but add boys, baby unicorns and more baby pegasi

I wanna see something more equine like, and G3 were the only generation that had that.
G1s looked like hippos (IMO)
G2s were too skinny which made alot people not wanna collect em sadly :L
and G4s are lacking in everything (They look like powerpuff deer, quality control is horrible, lack of brushable ponies...just bleh :s )
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 09:21:32 AM »
I would love a generation combining the best aspects of G1 and G3.  Those lovely pearly G3 bodies need a comeback!  I also like their color combinations, size, ears, and the little details in their eyes.  From G1 I would love to see an epic fantasy world, interesting gimmicks, and the variety of types of ponies.  Combining these aspects would be a dream combination for me, my poor wallet would suffer so much. :drool:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
I on't really have any grand ideas for new gens. (I men, I have canons for my herd, but nothing that wold be show/toyline-worthy/appeal to everyone).

I think I'd just keep gen 4 as it is, but make the characters' faces/heads look like they could actually be on a horse.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 10:29:55 AM »
Thanks for starting this for me! I'll come back with a new post when I can get into my Photobucket account + upload my art.

Post Merge: August 07, 2015, 10:39:40 AM

Nevermind- I got in.

Ok, so a few weeks ago I had this dream where I was actually contacted by Hasbro to make a new gen?
They said they followed my art blog on Tumblr for a while and really liked my work. Also, that they understood how
I'm not able to be fully independent, so that they'd work with me via emails.

So! I took a bunch of names from G3 and G1 + made new designs for them all. I honestly do not remember much more
other than 2 of the names I chose (Glory and Butterscotch), and that Butterscotch would be a unicorn.

Around the time I found the "Hasbro is hiring" thread here is when I actually chose more names and made designs in real life.
Here are the resulting characters. :D

Everybody
Spoiler

Pegasi
Spoiler

Earth ponies
Spoiler

Unicorns
Spoiler

Who wants to hear me ramble about their personalities? :D :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:39:40 AM by Sapphire Rain »
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
::sets up a chair and some popcorn to stalk the thread::
I don't have any ideas, I just like seeing everyone else's.  :cool:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
Oh well, I suppose this is the best place to talk about FF, right?

My custom generation is named Friendship Fables.

I don't have a character cast set in my mind really, but I'll try writing 45 minute long DVD scripts that I'll 'convert' into fanfiction format afterwards. It will mostly be Slice of Life genre with occasional low-scale antagonists included, and will follow the neutrality scheme of Touhou. This means one story's antagonist might well be the helper of a protagonist in the next. For now though, I'm building the world before filling it with the characters.

This is a slightly outdated map, mind you, I've added and moved a couple things since, but the main locations are here. Just like in G3, they don't know about the existence of one another and they'll come together through small incidents, so the world-building will is planned forward and controlled.

Dream Valley:
Once upon a time, the wasteland of fear and mistrust overgrown by nature, Dream Valley turned into what it is today when Lore-Lei channeled the power of the Friendship Necklace in a spectacular rainbow blast, purifying the tainted land and rendering herself to eternal sleep ever since. For the time the Ponyvillian ponies could remember, the Dream Castle has been acting as her resting place, dreaming beautiful tales of friendships encased in a gigantic gem in the library below. Should the power of friendship inbalance, the wonderful dreams could turn into horrifying nightmares with disastorous effects.

For that reason, the Friendship Fables were invented, stories in books that magically fill themselves, but vanish as time passes. What seems like mere fantasy though, is much more complicated on the inside. Before her eternal rest, Lore-Lei discovered several alternate universes and dimensions by a magical accident while enchantic her mask, making her able to get in contact with two other Lore-Leis, permanently creating a chain of links through space and time. As a last resort, she asked her other selves to provide her with their experiences of friendship, should Plan A fail. For this reason, ponies in Ponyville have high regards towards Lore-Lei, and are trying their absolute best to keep their friendships together.

Ponyville ponies are general ponies, outgoing and friendly by blood. One of their cultural phenomena is that they like doing things in BIG ways, no matter the subject. They are a happy bunch who prefers to live everyday to their fullest. Architechture are mostly cottages and cobblestone, very traditional, made of colorful clay and bricks.

Unicornia (moved away, made more G3-like):
Very regal and pseudo-noble, yet fun-loving in their own ways, the unicorns of Unicornia has an especial thing for all things bright and colorful. Many of their festivals are centered around colors, rainbows, or simply lights. While not making things as gigantic as ponyvillians, they can hold quite a formidable, and spectacular celebration most of the time.

Most notable trait of Unicornians though, is that they choose princesses associated with certain duties and responsibilities. Though these are usually quite small and scarce, and follow the 'quantity over quality' scheme, resulting in Unicornia having lots of princesses. The creation of a rainbow alone has four of them, Cheerilee, Brights Brightly, Whistle Wishes and Rarity. Princesshood is awarded upon excellent performance or in special cases, other factors, but the responsibility that comes with it only affects its bearer once or twice a year at most.

Unicorn architechture contains lots of curved areas and decorations, as well as smooth and shining materials like marble.

Butterfly Island:
Home of the pegasi, Butterfly Island is a secluded place far away from the mainland. Its inhabitants are known for being modest. Pegasi prefer freedom and are generally more receptive for sweet and smooth things, enjoying life in a rather calm way. Their culture is very Hawaii-esque, often beach oriented with lots of dancing and mid-air performances.

The Island doesn't have a definite leader, but most of the pegasi looks up to Star Catcher, who unofficially fills in the role.

The buildings on the island are all little huts made of palm tree barks and leaves, with some modern furniture like wooden floors and such inside. They are relatively small, however.

The Rainbow Waterfall in Butterfly Island acts as a hidden portal to the one nearby Ponyville.

Canterlot (located by Castillo de Arte and Lago Celeste, has taken on the role of the port instead of Unicornia):
Home of the twice fancy ponies, Canterlot is all about appreciating the finer things in life. Most their residents are creative souls, happily sharing the beauty of art between one another. Their buildings and celebrations are all rich in details, making the Port of Canterlot one of most beautiful places watch the sunset at (while listening to the melody of a beautiful violin).

Canterlot is governed by Queen Celestia during the day, and Queen Selena during the night.

That's right, life in Canterlot doesn't stop at night, just transforms. Exactly for that reason, there is a Day and a Night part of town.

Blissful Island (under development):
A chinese themed island, also home of the blissful ponies, including Lore-Lei.

(Will update this later, my hands hurt.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:19:17 AM by Lore-Lei »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »
I might wanna add some goats too the mix...  :cool:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 01:06:58 PM »
I just want bigger brushables.  With new characters.  And neon colors.  But, yeah...BIGGER brushables.  Not these dinky little things that people should be paying $3, not $6.
As for the look of the ponies, ONLY brushables.  None of these "mini-figures" or molded anything.  Brushables, brushables, brushables!  And I'd love for them to have substantial manes and tails that kids can brush and style.  I would LOVE to have something like the Magic Message ponies again.  I just want G5 to have more variety, like the good old G1 days (heck, even G3 days to a lesser extent).  And it would be amazing if they brought back pony families!  The Sweet Celebrations family was one of my favorite sets.  I'd love to see new family sets in G5.
Oh, and I'd love a line without a series.  Just a nice line of toys, no cartoon, no "webisodes", nothing but toys.  Maybe some children's storybooks, but that's all.  I'd rather see a line of children's books, and not tv shows, being used to sell toys for once.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 02:08:09 PM »
I want brushables the size of G1's. I'd really like a generation with G1 and G3 characteristics.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 03:37:10 PM »
I've been building my world for My Little Pony for I don't know how long.  I've been refining it and changing it and trying to figure out what I want to do.  I've settled on this being about a small enclave of ponies surrounded by a strange and mostly unexplored world that has two moons and rings.  It is filled with mysteries and the remains of an ancient civilization pepper the planet's mostly inhospitable terrain.  The ponies' stronghold in fact holds an ancient device that allows them to travel anywhere on the planet instantly.

As this is currently a full reboot of G1, the central character is Wind Whistler.  Wind Whistler was my favorite pony from the original series as the intelligent character but also brave and loyal to her fellow ponies.  I also like her pastel colors, so I like her look as a pony and toy as well as her personality and voice in the series.  Even if she is not called Wind Whistler, she would have the same color scheme (I have thought of G3 Merriweather as a light blue pegasus with light hair hair and a symbol of a pink and blue umbrella with blue raindrops and pink snowflakes falling on it).  She starts out as a bit of a loner, living amongst the other ponies but not really a part of their community beyond the most utilitarian purposes.  A change run in with Fizzy (and I mean that literally) sets her on the path of making friends and become more sociable.

On the toy side, I would like to see the toys return more to what we had in G1 and G3.  More horse-like shape, multiple poses, several different types, larger in size so kids can handle them more easily.  Since EqG is officially a think, the ponies learn how to change shape between their natural pony forms and a humanoid form with pony ears.  Also, all seven baby dragons would be in the story and as toys.  Other characters from the U.K. comic and books would also appear such as the Wizard Wantall as a comedic foil villain and the Weather Witch as an ally and mentor to Megan who studies weather magic as a way to contribute to the ponies' endeavors.

The questions I find myself asking is how the ponies come to be an isolated enclave and what type of enclave they live in.  I have been looking at way to flesh out Dream Castle, but another idea is an abandoned city.  What are your ideas for these questions?

EDIT:  Enjoy my brief explanation of pony species and the different releases Hasbro made in the first five years of G1.

The “little” ponies are about the same size as Shetland ponies and have coats and manes that can come in a wide variety of colors across the spectrum.  Their coats also develop patches of different colored hair typically on their haunches that form shapes that represent the ponies’ tastes, personality, and talents.  They are sentient, capable of speech, and have formed a culture including their multiple species.   The ponies are about as closely related to horses as humans are to chimpanzees, belonging their own genus containing five species.

Earthling ponies appear the most like horses, distinguished by lacking any visible difference specific to them.  They have the greatest physical strength and stamina of all the species.  They can run faster and farther and jump higher and longer.  Earthlings are also natural born geomancers who can sense things through the ground and manipulate the properties of earth and stone to a limited degree.

Unicorn ponies have a fluted horn protruding from their foreheads that let them use magical powers.  All unicorns have limited levitation (able to lift something an average person could with one hand) and teleportation magic (can only teleport themselves a medium distance through open air or space only) that develops early in life.  As they reach adulthood, unicorns develop a personal magic.  Most unicorns only have one personal spell, but some powerful unicorns have a magic that allows them to cast several kinds.  Unicorn ponies also have a streak of different color running through their manes and tails.

Pegasus ponies have feathery wings and can fly.  Pegasi have lightweight but strong skeletons as well as a powerful muscle tone geared towards flight.  They are very resilient, recovering from injuries noticeably quicker than other ponies.  Pegasi need to take a running start to get airborne, especially when carrying something or someone.  They will also leap from tall cliffs and let their fall build up their speed.  The average, adult pegasus can fly carrying as much as 65 kilograms (the ponies use metric) of encumbrance but this can range from 50 kg on the low side to as much as 85 kg for the most powerful stallions.

Sea ponies have a vastly different body structure compared to the other pony species.  Adapted to life in the ocean, they have bodies similar to seahorses with prehensile tails to manipulate or grasp objects and fins for swimming.  They can breathe both water and air and can live in either saltwater or freshwater.  The muscles in their tails are very powerful and very dense.  Not only can they use their tails to grasp things, sea pony tails are heavy enough to keep them upright when floating on the surface of the water.  Juvenile sea ponies’ tails are less developed, so they cannot float upright on the surface without assistance.  Sea ponies young and old love singing and announce their presence and departure with a chorus of “Shoo-be-doo, shoo-shoo-be-doo.”  Some sea ponies (about a third) have streaks of different colored hair in their manes like unicorns.

Flutter ponies are the most mysterious species of pony as well as the most rarely seen.  Noticeably smaller and lighter built than other pony species, they seem to be the pony analogue to fairies or nymphs.  They have translucent wings similar in shape to a butterfly or moth’s and appear fragile.  Although they appear weak, and are indeed physically weak compared to the other species, flutter ponies have aeromancy powers in their wings that let them sense things through the atmosphere as well as create powerful wind gusts with magical properties similar to earthling geomancy.  They also have the power to shrink to the size of insects in order to more easily hide or slip by unnoticed (similar to the Good Fairies in Disney’s Sleeping Beauty).  They tend to keep to themselves and avoid contact with others as much as possible.  Even the sight of other ponies will cause a flock to shrink down and seek cover.

Earthlings, unicorns, and pegasi have several common mutations that have led to many varieties.

All members of the three species grow in a longer and thicker winter coat they shed in the spring.  These winter coats are particularly soft and feel nice to the skin.

There is a genetic combination only found in female ponies similar to what causes a cat to be calico.  In this case, it causes the mare or filly to have six mane and tails colors.  These colors are always red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, and magenta in that order.  They are commonly called “Rainbow” ponies because of the number, type, and order of colors.

The over generations, ponies who have lived on the edge of the Jewel Desert have been mutated by its strange magic.  Their irises have become like cut and polished gems protecting their pupils, and their manes and tails come in four colors.  Their gaze can be a bit unsettling as their jewel-like irises hide the dilation and contraction of their pupils, and it is very difficult for their eyes to move in their sockets.  This makes their eyes appear dead and removes that dimension from their expressions.  Because their jewel-eyes tend to twinkle in the light, especially when they are happy, these ponies are commonly called “Twinkle Eyes”.

A form of abundism exists in the pony population.  Those who manifest this trait have their simple covering their entire body instead of just their haunches like most ponies.  One of these simples will be on either one of the cheeks or the forehead.  Ponies covered in their symbols are commonly called “Twice as Fancy”.

Mares and stallions are distinguished by size (stallions being noticeably larger) the feathering stallions have around their hooves the mares lack.  Even with their winter coats, the mares’ coats do not cover the hooves.  Although larger and stronger, stallions tend to be more cautious and reclusive than mares.

Ponies are typically born as twins, a filly and a coat, and look like smaller versions of their parent of the same gender.  When they reach adulthood, ponies shed their foal coats to grow in their adult coats with their permanent colors and symbols.  Foals are named after their parent of the same gender with fillies having the prefix “Little” added to their name and colts having the suffix “Junior” added to their name.  They choose their adult name after their adult coats grows in.  (This is inspired by the story A Pair of Ponies.)

Ponies have an average lifespan of around 200 years and reach maturity in 20 years.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 04:07:28 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 04:50:33 PM »
Oooh, AL, I really like your development in the ponies' biology...
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 07:34:43 PM »
Thank you.  It was interesting to find explanations based on real world biology of how you can have So Soft, Rainbow, and Twice as Fancy ponies.  I highly doubt that was going through the minds of the people when they came up with these releases, but still interesting.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal