collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Ponies to Include (Tentative List on Page 2)  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
What Ponies to Include (Tentative List on Page 2)
« on: February 27, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »
I'm in the planning/early writing phases of a G1 story.  Essentially, a small group of ponies (a hundred or so) escaped a disaster that destroyed their homeland and arrived in a new land.  They're trying to establish a new home, but are wrapped up in larger events involving a girl who mysteriously appears from another world and advanced technology from a long dead race.  They must protect the girl from harpies who want to use her to find a piece of technology that will let them travel the world freely and blunder it of its riches.

What I'm stuck on is how many ponies to include.  The first set of So Softs and Twinkle Eyes are in since My Little Pony and Friends really influenced my perception of G1 and I like many of those characters.  I'm just wondering who else to include to really fill in this community.  Beyond them there are some really interesting ponies both visually and their backcard stories.

*Awaits a deluge of "You got to put this/these pony(ies)" in" responses.*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:38:55 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Ponies to Include
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »
Ooh ooh it sounds ace!!

I never saw the back cards for most ponies, so can't really help there, and I only saw the cartoon a bit as a child so don't know what the personalities were like, so it's possible my perception of them is totally different to that of others.

I think Posey would be very useful in helping to cultivate the land to make it suitable for growing food (as well as flowers of course). And in my head she would be kind to the mysterious girl, giving her flowers to cheer her up. And possibly she could grow vines which could be given extra strength by a unicorn pony to help capture the harpies with.

Or something like that.

Jules x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 04:14:51 AM »
Posey will definitely be in it.  She's a gardener and botanist.  If it involves plants, she is the pony to go to.

What I'm asking is what ponies other than those the were made as the first issue so softs and twinkle eyes (including the remakes) should I use.  I've been researching G1 and there are so many ponies I like the pose, color scheme, and backcard stories of.  I know people here are more informed about the ponies that didn't appear in the show, so I would like their opinions on which would be best to include in a story.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Maybe the year 2 ponies: Medley, Firefly, Glory, Moondancer, Bow Tie, Applejack, Seashell, Bubbles, Twilight and Sunbeam who starred the RAMC and are pretty iconic MLPs? Have you thought of including the BBE babies who were a big part of the Friends series? :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:19:29 AM »
Both the Year 2's and BBE will be included as well.  My thoughts turn towards Year 5 and beyond when the show didn't cover as much.  (As well as the practically untouched rainbow ponies who will have red/yellow/green/cyan/blue/magenta manes and tails.)  Twice as Fancies, Sweetberry, etc.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »
Lol I used to play like that with my ponies when I was little!  Usually I had mostly babies and only a few adults escape some sort of disaster or invasion, while the rest of the adults stayed behind fighting the 'invaders'(usually fakies) themes like that were common in 80's sci fi, hehe, and my dad has always been a scifi fan. :)

I would suggest many wingers and Pegasus ponies, since they'd be able to fly away from danger, and unicorns, since they could wink away, too. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 01:25:19 AM »
I think the Magic Message ponies would be fun to include. Their magic symbols could be the source of powers:
Cuddles- healing of others
Cloud Dreamer- fire (since she has the dragon)
Floater- telekinesis
Mirror Mirror- teleportation
Windy-control of the elements
Magic Hat- telepathy with animals (since she has two animal symbols)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:30:41 AM by northstar3184 »

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 02:37:03 AM »
What about some boy ponies?  a couple of the Playtime baby bros and some BBs or Mountain Boys would be awesome!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 03:24:38 AM »
I do have plans for boys canon, non-canon and altered.  The Mountain Boys are unicorns with their respective elemental powers.  I have some pegasi I came up with who have weather and geography-based names.  I also added some to the Big Brothers like hockey and basketball ponies.  There are also Twinkle Eyed and Twice as Fancy boys.

I have to admit I'm not to enamored with the Secret Message or Perfume Puff ponies.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 07:12:21 AM »
This sounds fun! I think you should include those two eyelash princess ponies and Pony Bride--not as part of the main herd but as VILLAINS who have come from Llama-Land to take over Dream Valley!

I'm not much help b/c there aren't too many ponies after Year 5 I'm especially fond of, and considering all their different gimmicks they might not be much good in a fight for self-preservation. I like some of the Brush 'n' Grow ponies, but I don't see them being able to run very well. I was never into Princess Ponies b/c I don't like any ponies having higher status than others (I guess I'm too democratic). You could include the Petites as a race of pony pygmies who live in a kind of Ponyland Lilliput:) Maybe I should be writing my own story! :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:49:07 PM by ValeofSpring »
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »
Big brothers for sure!.....gotta get some cute stallions in the mix ;)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »
The ponies from Year 6 or later that have really grabbed me are Blueberry Baskets from the Sweetberry set and Night Glider from the second TAF set.  I'm thinking of using only one Princess (Tiffany) who's title and status don't mean much now.  Actually, Tiffany and Blueberry Baskets offsets that annoying disparity between unicorns and pegasi.

I've actually thought of some interesting explanation for different types of ponies.

Rainbow ponies are similar to calico cats in that they're rainbow manes and tales are the result of a specific genetic combination only possible in mares.

Twice as Fancy ponies have a form of abundism that causes them to overproduce the pigments that make their symbols which is why they cover their bodies.  This is seen in real life in some animals like big cats and similar to melanism that makes animals completely black.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:58:14 AM by Al-1701 »

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »
This sounds fun! I think you should include those two eyelash princess ponies and Pony Bride--not as part of the main herd but as VILLAINS who have come from Llama-Land to take over Dream Valley!

LOL! They do kind of look like llamas don't they?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
Mountain Boys and Magic Message ponies! They would be perfect :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
Mountain Boys yes (as unicorns).  Magic Message...I'm sorry but no.  I really don't like the gimmick.

BBE ponies are in.  They're actually going to be similar to the family ponies which there will be a mother, father, sister, and brother.  I like the explanation that ponies are born looking like their parents and grow in their adult colors and symbols during adolescence, so that's the convention I'm using.

A question, how many male ponies do you think there should be compared to female ponies?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal