collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Ponies you didnt have.  (Read 808 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: The Ponies you didnt have.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
I remember my cousin having Galaxy and Honeycomb and I just thought they were the best thing ever. A friend had Snuzzle and I remember how she was one of the ones I saw again in my teens (her Mum hung onto hers) and though 'wow, she's cool'.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »
I remember staring for hours at ss Buttons backcard drooling over Lofty....never got her as a child but still thought she was so pretty. I was happy when I found her in a baggie at the thrift store a few years ago. Seeing her yellow fuzz made me so happy....now I just need to find her baby!

Maybe you'll meet her in August?
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »
Everyone has such lovely stories, thanks for sharing!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
I also agree, thank you for sharing your life stories about ponies with us :) Some of them bring back memories of my childhood! :)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »
 ^.^ ^.^ thanks all for sharing such precious memories, it is really nice to read such sweet stories  ^.^ ^.^

MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 12:47:04 AM »
Lofty :heart:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:34 AM »
I remember I wanted pretty much the ones I had from my pamphlet, but the one and only was G1 Princess Sparkle... I would stare at her image for hours and wish how much I would adore having her. But it never happened, since G1s for me were short-lived, hard to find and G2s came quickly... So I never had her and eventually forgot about it.

Years later (and I mean only about 3 years ago or so), I became a collector officially and started buying stuff on Ebay. And then, I saw her for sale. Won her over and felt over the moon when I got her. After years and years, I finally had the pony I've wanted so much as a child. She really is my grail and I feel so happy and proud to finally own her :)

Similar thing happened with G1 Hair-do Bangles. She was the first pony I bought on Ebay !! I'm so so so happy to own her too :D

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 01:59:41 AM »
I am thankful to have a mother who knew the importants of saving our things so I have all of my childhood ponies still. The ones I didn't have but desperatly wanted were Gusty, Applejack, Firefly, Medley and Twilight. They were the reason I came into collecting, but it took a couple of years until I had them, other ponies got in the way somehow o.O But now I have them all and is very pleased. :)

Offline Pegaso80

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2014, 02:15:14 AM »
I had one very desired Firefly when I was a child, I took her to school the next day and she was stolen  :cry: and my parents didn't want to buy me another, obviously. When I thought about collecting, a friend told me her husband have some ponies from childhood and she gave them to me and...there she was, Firefly. Another one I wanted and never had was Bowtie, lucky me, she's quite popular and easy to find now :biggrin:
:rainbow: Nemo patriam quia magna est amat, sed quia sua (Séneca)
Beati Hispani quibus vivere bibere est (Iulius Caesar) :rainbow:

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 04:54:39 AM »
I got my childhood ponies as hand-me-downs from a friend, and for whatever reason, they gave me a bunch of old pamphlets too. One had pictures of I think all the ponies released in '89, and I remember really wanting any of the Big Brothers more than any of the others. The fact that they were in an episode helped too. I guess I just liked the design and novelty of having a boy pony because none of them in particular stood out; I'm not sure I even payed attention to their symbols.

Strangely, even though I've been collecting almost continuously, I never got a Big Brother until a few years ago, when a friend send me one as a surprise. I was pretty excited, and have a few now ^_^

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 05:22:29 AM »
Minty. I wasn't 'allowed' to have her because my sister had her. Once I finish replacing my original G1 collection (also donated or thrown out from under me as a teen), I'm getting Minty. My sis wasn't very nice and not only was I not allowed to play with Minty but she flaunted her in front of me. :(
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 05:41:30 AM »
I think my problem is I didn't have any ponies of my own when I was a child. My cousin had SO many and she never wanted to hang out with me so when we'd visit she'd leave and go play with neighborhood friends and leave me alone at the house with all our aunts and uncles. Her mom (my aunt) would get the ponies down and let me play with them. I had so much fun and we went on great adventures I loved them so much. But my family never had money so toys were just something we didn't get. As we got older we did get toys but I still never got any ponies. Its like my inner child is trying to make up for that. Chief was my best buddy so I have a super strong attraction to him and catch myself swooning at the one I own now still. :3

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »
I must have told this story a million times over, but Galaxy was my childhood favourite in the animated series. However, I never owned the toy, partially for the obvious reason that (to my knowing) TEs were never sold in Finland. As a result, my trusty DnP Player played the part of "Galaksi."

To this day, I have not owned a standard Galaxy. Last year, I paid 3 € for a Spanish one (!) whom I sold. For a nirvana I don't really care much about, she was just too valuable to keep. I eventually want a standard one but seemingly never get across to buying (you know, "there will always be another one").

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal