collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Ponies you didnt have.  (Read 809 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: The Ponies you didnt have.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 05:33:26 AM »
SeashellnBubbles, that's the sweetest story I've ever heard!
My dad is an amazing man :) Thank you :hug:

he really must be! Its amazing :) *hugs*

Hm... ponies I always wanted but never got... yeah there were a few. My first grail ever was Fizzy. I  saw her in a store when I was 5yo and immidiately fell in love with her. Never got her and never met somebody who had her. Oh and I always wanted a Princess Pony. I often met other girl who had at least one Princess and well... yeah, I got Euro Princess Sparkle, the glittery one with the crown. Wasnt exactly what I wanted lol.
And then all those pictured in the sticker collecting album released by Ehapa : Firefly, Blossom, Glory, Tickle, Medley... I got this album when I was 6yo and collected each and every sticker. Still have it <3 When I started collecting as an adult I first thought "I will stop collecting when I have all ponies from that album" ... yeah, 10 years later now I still collect MLP lol.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 07:06:28 AM »
I wrecked myself pinning for confetti as a kid. I had gotten starflower and saw the beautiful white pony with rainbow hair in the pamphlet and just about lost it. I searched for her everytime I got enough allowance or birthday money, but bever found her! She was one of the first ponies I purchased in 1997 from the trading post!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 09:56:06 AM »
I had about twenty ponies as a kid, maybe a few more. They were thanks to my sister, whom i shall not go into discussion about today, they were all about to be thrown out or given to good will. My dad was able to intravene and so 98% of my child hood herd was saved, thanks to a deep dark attic and his old foot locker.
So not to long ago when i got back into them.. i was able to brave the heat, dark and dust of 20 years and bring them back out.
They were still there... but some of the ones from my child hood were damaged, Glory and Firefly had lost their symbols and yellowed,  sundance had frizzy hair and cancer spots, SOME one ( read nephew ) had nearly chewed off poor sparklers horn! but most were able to be saved. ( i till have those girls and wont part with them but I did recently get some upgrades )
how ever there were many that we were never able to get , due to where we lived or money issues, i wasnt able to have very many. So there were several i wanted, Gusty and Heart throb , and ALL of the brush n grow ponies fall into this catergory.
I have since been able to get these ladies, even managing to get my claws on my grail Hollywood.
So  yah.. then someone made the mistake of showing me that twilight sparkle matched powder and i was DOOMED.
hehe.

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:58 AM »
I don't remember looking at pamphlets and such... My parents always made me throw away packaging as soon as the toy was unpacked (we have home movies of birthdays and Christmases of me whining and asking to keep the boxes of all my toys! Mom's lucky I didn't turn into a MIB collector because of the trauma, lol.)

I absolutely loved Wind Whistler in the cartoon when I was a wee tot, though. I think it's the MLP Movie where Megan hugs her? Man, that upset me as a little girl, I was so jealous. Wind Whistler's the only one I remember specifically wanting.

Overall I just always wanted more ponies :p
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »
See, I don't remember ever wanting for any particular ponies.  Almost *all* of my ponies were thrifted.  I was a bit late into G1 as a kid, as I was an '87 baby and by the time I was cognizant to play with ponies, around 91-92, G1 was pretty much over.  In fact, I only remember getting ONE pony new.  Sweet Talker in purple.  The last year.  I remember my dad taking her out of the packaging and putting batteries in her!

All of my ponies got tossed out, unfortunately. . . By my dad of all people. . .  But I remembered my favorites being SHS Twinkler, Whizzer and Wind Whistler ( my bath ponies, and for some reason Wind Whistler never lost her flocking ), Star Glow and Caramel Crunch.  I also had Princess Primrose and Royal Blue, for sure.  I know if I think real hard, I might be able to name a bunch of others.  I had one of those rare pearly mermaid ponies, and some of the tropical babies, too.  Yet, I haven't had any desire to fully recollect everything I had.  Just a few ponies that were particularly meaningful. 

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »
I didn't have many brand new ponies, mostly we got them second hand from market stalls. Me and my sister used to play ponies with our two older cousins, they had quite a few. When my oldest cousin outgrew them, she divide hers between us, but unfortunately my cousin ended up with Mummy and Baby Lemondrop and Baby Applejack, so those were three I always really wanted, which I now have :-) I don't know what happened to the ponies my other cousin had, she never passed them on to us :'(.
Also, I had a few of the My Little Pony magazines, and in there they used to show pictures of peoples collections, which were just awesome! So many ponies!
I had a couple of annuals, so most of the other ones I wanted were from there, the Big Brothers, the Twice as Fancies, and the Newborn Twins were ones I particularly remember. Basically I wanted any pony I could get my hands on! But those I particularly remember liking the look of.
I remember seeing the Windy Wings/Summer Wings in the shop, but wasn't allowed to get any, but can't remember any particular one. Ah, if I could turn back time!.....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »
I honestly can't remember when I got my first pony/ponies but I think I was around 6-7 yrs old. I know I "inherited" some MLP stuff from one of my older cousins; like Dream Castle and the Baby Buggy. Probably a few ponies too but I can't quite remember. My childhood favorite has always been Strawberry Surprise (until I gave her a horrible haircut DESPITE knowing it would not grow out again! Now I have a prettier collectible version of her but my childhood copy still SMELLS like strawberries!)

But anyways, the ponies I didn't have but did want are the ones I remember better from my childhood.  My bestie had five younger sisters so their MLP collection were more extensive than my 6-7 ponies. I remember wanting quite a few of her ponies but the two that stand out in my mind are Sweet Notes (which is still her favorite pony) and.... *pause for dramatic effect* .... SURPRISE TWIN PONY!!!
I wanted it soooo badly but I have a faint memory of my mom telling me it was too expensive (at least here in Sweden) and I probably didn't remember to put on my Christmas/birthday wish list so obviously it wasn't the most important thing at the time. Instead I got a Steffi Love doll with a turnable tummy that produced two tiny twin babies (I lost track of them pretty quickly.)

Sadly, I still do not own a Surprise Twin Pony... *sighs*

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 12:48:03 PM »
Although I did not have a lot of ponies as a little girl, I dont actually remember pining over any particular pony. In case it was a youthful forgotten memory, I asked my mum...she said "what you wanted you got..." Initially I thought I was spoilt before she said "but you didnt really want ALL the ponies until you were an adult".
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
Some of these stories are so sweet   ^.^

When I was little the pony that I most wanted but didn't have was Sugarberry.  My friend had her and I thought she was soooo beautiful.  So of course now I have her  ;)

Now maybe I can add my own cute story.  As a child, I had received one of the princess ponies (I think princess Primrose) for Christmas.  From her packaging I cut out all the pictures of the princesses and used string to make them into tree ornaments.  Well, Tiffany was my favorite and years later when my parents wanted to get rid of my "ornaments" I refused to let her be thrown away!  I STILL HAVE that little cardboard ornament.  And now I have princess Tiffany too  :biggrin:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 01:16:55 PM »
Although I did not have a lot of ponies as a little girl, I dont actually remember pining over any particular pony. In case it was a youthful forgotten memory, I asked my mum...she said "what you wanted you got..." Initially I thought I was spoilt before she said "but you didnt really want ALL the ponies until you were an adult".

LOL  Your mum sounds a lot like my mom.  :)  I don't recall pining over any particular pony, but I do remember getting every pony I specifically asked for.  Ponies are all I ever asked for, and even if I wasn't asking for a certain pony you could bet I'd be thrilled to get it!  I generally had more ponies than my friends did (they had other toy interests, of course) and I don't remember really playing ponies with any of them, so I don't think I was exposed to enough I didn't have to really be jealous! 

I do recall desperately wanting Up UP & Away after seeing her in a commercial.  I thought she had beautiful white hair over her dark body like a palomino and I remember being gutted when I got her and she had pink hair. 

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 01:22:45 PM »
I remember staring for hours at ss Buttons backcard drooling over Lofty....never got her as a child but still thought she was so pretty. I was happy when I found her in a baggie at the thrift store a few years ago. Seeing her yellow fuzz made me so happy....now I just need to find her baby!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 02:12:22 PM »
Christmas 2012, I received a little package which looked a *tad* beat up and sad. A note was attached to it that said something like "I'm very sorry, the elves only just found this present for you under the seat of the sleigh..." When i opened the package and saw the two of them staring up at me I burst into happy tears and couldn't even speak! I'd NEVER been so happy, and my mom and dad (yeah...my DAD :shocked: ) were crying, too! I'd wanted them for exactly 30 years!!

Omg... that is too adorable!

The only ponies I can remember thinking that'd I'd like to have but never had were Applejack and Powder. I remember a friend who used to bring her Applejack to school - I always thought she was so pretty.

When I started collecting as an adult, I found both early on by chance they were both among the first purchases I ever made  ;)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »
When I was little I had alot of ponies. I had the dream castle and the show stable. I think I had the pretty parlor too. Though the most ponies I really loved or played with was mommy surprise and baby surprise. I had baby surprise's accessories. though I may not have all of them loose. Flash forward when I was a teenager. I gave all my ponies away to two other little girls that were neighbors  because I thought I was too old for ponies. I lost my childhood surprise and baby probably everything else.
I didn't know what I lost until all the ponies were gone. However, I did save for two ponies Twinkler and Curly Locks probably because they were in Surprise's pose. I dug them up out of my lower closet. Found Medley on ebay and the rest is pony history. Eventually I got baby surprise and Mom again. I was able to even get Surprise non so soft MOC and baby surprise MOC. So I they are apart of my Surprise army.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:09:29 PM by SkyCakes »

squishy turdl

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 03:25:12 PM »
Caramel Crunch!!!

She is the pony that got me into collecting as an adult. As a kid, a friend of mine had her and I just wanted her sooo badly, she was bright pink and smelt like, well freaking amazing.. and those curls.. ughh..adorable!  I got given the pony collectors book, kinda a kicthy thing for my coffee table at work and I thought damn, I'm gonna buy a caramel crunch.. and thats just rolled the ball into what is now about 250 G1 ponies..

I actually had quite a heard as a child(spoilt, very very spoilt) My mum keep them over the years for me.. I thought I would keep them for my daughter if I ever had one.. (funny, now there is now way she is getting onto the G1s.. she can get some of those big head googly eyed girls that they make now - If I ever have a daughter)

I share this photo way too often, I'm sure alot of you have seen it already.. but I'm really happy and proud to have all my childhood girls (ah hem, and boy Sorry Quaterback) still!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: July 09, 2014, 03:35:59 PM

Ythey're the biggest symbol of my father's undying love for me, and I will keep them forever because of that :)

This is so sweet! my dad brought me my first ever pony Applejack.. he still asks me about applejack to this day.. even mentioned my ponies in my wedding speech.. (I hadn't even got back into collecting them either)
Go dads! Probably the reason I love ponies so much x
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:35:59 PM by squishy turdl »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 03:38:15 PM »
There were so many ponies that I did not know about when I joined back in 06. I want to say that I wanted to get the summer wingers and the So Soft ponies. I have been lucky and still have all of my ponies from my childhood!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal