collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please help me complete my transcript collection  (Read 3646 times)

AllGenPonyFan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Please help me complete my transcript collection
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
Thank you very much, MJNSEIFER ! ;)
Your answer made me smile as there's a nice white pony called "Starcatcher" which appears for the first time in the special "Dancing in the Clouds". Her friendly phrase is "Consider it done" if she get a request she can fulfill.  :)

I'm looking forward to receiving your work  :satisfied: but please don't stress you...

--------------

"Carrehz" already provided me with the transcript of both parts of episode "Somnabula" which I'll add to the collection very soon [actually, I've not much spare time].
THANKS!

Post Merge: October 24, 2013, 06:13:35 PM

Genral information:

I think that I have to show more respect to the transcript's authors. :nod: As a consequence, I'll partially refactor status document of the project this weekend. From the on, it will contain a section informing about the authors.
Furthermore, each file will get a section naming its author below headline telling which episode / special is transcripted.

In my opinion, work of everybody should be admitted. :rainbow:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:16:25 PM by AllGenPonyFan »

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 04:57:11 AM »
Thank you very much, MJNSEIFER ! ;)
Your answer made me smile as there's a nice white pony called "Starcatcher" which appears for the first time in the special "Dancing in the Clouds". Her friendly phrase is "Consider it done" if she get a request she can fulfill.  :)
She's one of my favorite ponies, actually. :)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 08:18:08 AM »
Perfect! This also applies to me!  :inlove:
She's the only white pony and first pegasus of the newer specials. This circumstance makes her quite special.
In addition, she's very friendly and supportive!  :satisfied:

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 03:39:38 AM »
Hello again,

as announced in a previous post, I updated the project status file in order to show more respect to the transcript authors.  There's an own section below the films list which informs about all persons involved in providing the transcripts. Furthermore, it contains additional data regarding the authors as well as contact information or their website.
From now on, each transcript file contains name and email address (if available) of its author just below headline.
I also reformatted the main table listing all movies / specials in chronological order. Two new columns now make it easier to see for each transcript whether there are additional remarks available in tables below.

While updating FTP server directories, I found that the HTTP folders differ from them. Now, both ways of access provide exactly the same content.

As Carrehz gave me the transcript for Somnambula some days ago (THANKS :bigups:), it's now finally also online...
I hope that you continue supporting this project  :hope:

Everypony keep your mane up, your fur shiny and your wings strong / unicorn magic powerful!

Post Merge: October 27, 2013, 07:10:10 PM

Hi everypony!

I have some happy news to report:
Carrehz kindly offered me to write two more transcripts!  :work:

These are the edited-for-time version of Rescue at Midnight Castle as well as Escape from Catrina. For this, I want to thank her  :bigups: right now as it's already the second time she fulfills a transcript request.

For anypony still applies that you can feel free to download all existing transcripts!  :)
I would be very pleased if there you come up some other persons who do me the same favor as Carrehz...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:10:10 PM by AllGenPonyFan »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 01:17:53 AM »
Hey, just posting here to let any other potential transcribers know that I'm currently working on a transcript of the episode "Crunch the Rockdog" :) I'm not sure when I'll have it finished, I tend to work on transcriptions on and off. But I should have it finished before too long ^^ :work:.

Is there a list of which specials/episodes/etc still need to be transcribed anywhere? never mind, I just found it ^^;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 04:44:32 AM »
Hello everypony!  :)

I want to announce an update on my transcripts server. The new resp. enhanced transcripts got kindly provided by Carrehz. She's very active concerning this project (creation of new as well as update of existing transcripts).
I want to thank her very much for doing this! :happy:
If anyone wants to create new transcripts or proofread existing ones I'd feel very pleased.  :hope:

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »
Everypony who likes transcripts can now retrieve the edited-for-time version of Rescue at Midnight Castle as well as Escape from Catrina which were kindly created by Carrehz!

I hope that any fiurther volunteer can be found who helps me with this project...  :lookround:

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 01:49:34 AM »
Hi everypony!

Another transcript is online - it's of the (two-parted) episode called "Crunch the Rockdog". Author of this transcript is Carrehz again - THANKS!  :) Feel free to download the file, and please give thanks to Carrehz for her hard work...

I hope that she doesn't have to do this - yeah, I know - very time consuming job all alone. There are still more than 30 transcripts missing, so I would be really ashamed if a single person would have to do this task...  :blush:

Please let me know what I can give you in return in order to encourage you to participate in my transcripts project, too.
Hopefully, someone replies to this post again...  :( I'm really willing to support any of your projects!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 02:02:09 AM »
Just to keep you posted; I've started "Return of Tambelon", and will be able to continue working on it from Tuesday at the earliest.  I'm really having a lot of fun transcribing it.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 02:36:16 AM »
Oh, I must have overseen your post from 23rd of October  :blush: - Maybe I'm too frantic, sorry...
In my forum profile, all posts of a thread get paged and your post was the first one on second page - oops.

It's nice to know that you have fun writing this transcript - Thank you very much in advance! ;)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »
Oh, I must have overseen your post from 23rd of October  :blush: - Maybe I'm too frantic, sorry...
In my forum profile, all posts of a thread get paged and your post was the first one on second page - oops.

It's nice to know that you have fun writing this transcript - Thank you very much in advance! ;)
You responded to it, so maybe you just forgot that you did.  Easily done.

You're still welcome. :)

ashlite

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 09:38:15 AM »
This is a really cool project! Great job getting this all organized! I'm sure many people will find this both interesting and fun :)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 10:48:55 PM »
I think I'll try and transcribe "Bright Lights" soon :) It'll be fun to transcribe a longer episode, hee.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 11:49:40 PM »
Hi everypony,  :)

I just want to say that I added a simple text file containing links to websites which might be helpful for transcripting to main directory of server.  :satisfied:

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 05:24:24 PM »
Afterwards, I wish everypony a Happy New Year  :).
I didn't write any post here because I had a hospital stay of 10 days and multiple day-to-day duties to do afterwards.
Luckily, during days I spent in hospital I could invest some spare time in the transcripts project. Besides some minor layout and error corrections of existing transcripts, I was able to write three new ones to the extend permitted by my english skills. Another limit is my quite little expecience in seperating ponies of the first generation as there are many of them. However, all transcipts belong to this generation because it contains most gaps. Here are the file names (you can also check the project status document 'Authors and owners of transcripts'):

Episode 15 - The Great Rainbow Caper
Episode 40 - Would Be Dragonslayer
Episode 47 & 48 - Through the Door (actually, second part is not complete, yet)

As concerning all transcripts I wrote, missing parts and ambiguous sections are written in red.

Feel free to download these new transcripts (as well as any other file) from my FTP server or HTTP server via URLs visible in my signature. As said before, some transcripts got slightly optimized - you can identify them by the modification date...
I'm grateful for anyone who helps me continue this time-consuming project by completing incomplete transcripts or even prepare missing ones. Just look into project status document to inform yourself about gaps. Feel free to ask me for material required to compose an inexistent transcript or perfect an incomplete one.

Have a nice weekend and keep your manes up!
I'll answer new posts on Saturday and Sunday as soon as possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal