collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Thoughts to Hasbro on MLP  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: My Thoughts to Hasbro on MLP
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 12:58:27 PM »
I agree it's very well said and you should send it. I agree with WingsofMasquerade you should print it out and mail it...they *might* be more keen on reading it if the effort is taken to actually mail it.

Who knows if Hasbro will take any to heart but its always worth a try at least!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
Send it :)

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 01:02:02 PM »
Rock on, dude. All of this is so true! :happy: Do it. Send it!!!  :frolic:
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 01:11:50 PM »
Well said! I love the FiM show, but the toyline is getting tired out pretty quickly. And if the toys start to fail, the show will as well, and I just don't want to see that happen. I love the variety G1s had/have to offer in the toys, while focusing on a handful of characters in the show and movies.

I think it would be fun if FiM had 'shorts' focusing on background ponies - it wouldn't detract from the main show, and it would offer a chance to expand on ponies besides the Mane 6, whether they're fan-favorites or based on older gen ponies.

And yes, the G4 toys do have quality-control problems - rarely can you find a pony that doesn't have misaligned eyes, weird marks or a head/body mismatch.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
I had to edit some grammar mistakes.  So, I should mail this in?

The thing is I would like to work for Hasbro on the creative side of things.  I have original ideas as well as adjunct ideas for their existing franchises.  I like their franchises because they focus on science fiction and fantasy which is what I prefer to write.  I have been tempted to send a query letter about my ideas.

I should probably find out who would be best to send this to personally.  They like when you go to effort to mail it and really like it when you go to the effort to address it to the person specifically.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »
Interesting letter :)

I think if you believe in it then you should send it - you never know what, if and when they will listen to something.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 02:09:41 PM »
Send it!  :cheer:  there's no harm in trying to make a change.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »
please send it!  it is very well written.

:( still feels like they slapped us in the face for the 30 year anniversary...  they havent even really mentioned it!
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Dulci

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
I expect it will be like the previous generations, if anything.

Ponies will die out.

Ponies will return 5-10 years down the line.

I hate the Equestria Girls but eh, oh well.  It will come and go like any line.
WANTED:
 - Nirvana Glory(s)      - Nirvana Moondancers
PM me if you're selling :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 03:36:58 PM »
please send it!  it is very well written.

:( still feels like they slapped us in the face for the 30 year anniversary...  they havent even really mentioned it!
I was wondering about this. I thought they would of started something way earlier this year!  Pretty sad Hasbro.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
Well said.  Is there a thread where someone posted the questions and answers for hasbro?  I will look for it.  But, based on what you said Hasbro was vague as usual.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »
Well said.  Is there a thread where someone posted the questions and answers for hasbro?  I will look for it.  But, based on what you said Hasbro was vague as usual.
I think i've read a question somewhere (I don't remember if it was on here  >_<), asking a question about "Will we see anymore FS Applejacks"
And Hasbro answered, "The  FS ponies for this year will be Pinkie Pie and Cadance"
 :huh: ... okaaaay? Y'all didn't really answer the question that was given to you  -_-
(Again, this isn't word for word. I'm just basing it from my memory Xs)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 04:24:28 PM »
I think i've read a question somewhere (I don't remember if it was on here  >_<), asking a question about "Will we see anymore FS Applejacks"
And Hasbro answered, "The  FS ponies for this year will be Pinkie Pie and Cadance"
 :huh: ... okaaaay? Y'all didn't really answer the question that was given to you  -_-
(Again, this isn't word for word. I'm just basing it from my memory Xs)

I just saw the hasbro panel and was disappointed.  I know hasbro legally can't give answers to some of the questions, but I felt as though most of the questions hasbro could have answered with a simple yes or no.  I was especially curious about their answers to seeing Minty and about having 30th anniversary ponies and if hasbro knows the difference between collectors and bronies and not all collectors are bronies, etc.  It almost seems like hasbro doesn't care anymore and I got annoyed how they made their vague answers all sparkley and shiny.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »
If you google around, you can probably find a creative department director to send it to or something
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »
Show that you respect and honor the entire franchise instead of promoting a generational gap where you only care about the new and the old is dead to you.  You do it for Transformers, you can do it for My Little Pony.

I 100% agree!  For any of us with husbands or boyfriends, or someone in our lives who collects Transformers we all know how many re-issues and remakes there has been over the years of the original 1980's lines. They have given us ONLY two sets of reissued G1 ponies. I don't see how 12 ponies is ANYWHERE near equal to the dozens of reissued robots in my house. Mattel makes reissues of vintage Barbie, why can't Hasbro give us more collector reissue ponies?

Now, that being said, I do realize that the Transformers line is licensed from Takara/Tomy. So in regards to the Transformers reissues, there are actually more Japanese reissues than what was released in the US. In Japan the brand is manufactured under Takara/Tomy and in the US it is under Hasbro.

Now here is a wild idea...... Barbie has whole collector lines, and in addition a paid collectors club. So would the pony fan base be willing to do that? If Hasbro was to create a collectors club where they would release reissues, rarities, designer ponies etc, would we the fan base support that? Just food for thought.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal