collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show Stable/Gymkhana/Prize Day Playset EVENTS COURSES  (Read 472 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Show Stable/Gymkhana/Prize Day Playset EVENTS COURSES
« on: July 08, 2013, 06:45:17 AM »
One of our favorite games when we were a kids was to set up barrel racing/gymkhana or 'cross country' courses in the garden and time each other.

It occurred to me that the above playsets have different colour themes (pink, red, lilac) and if you include the green or turquoise fences there's quite a lot of variety in jumps. I'm also thinking of making some bits and pieces for jumps like some striped bars. I may also make flags and real ribbon rosettes. There's something about Lemon Drop's favorite jump being a lily pond I thought it would be really nice to imagine a gymkhana course in a meadow with a lily pond.

Has anyone else made a nice set of jumps? I'd love to see pics for some inspiration!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Show Stable/Gymkhana/Prize Day Playset EVENTS COURSES
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »
Oh! That would be really creative. I cant wait to see what you come up with.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
I really love those playsets especially Prize day and gymkhana :lovey: I look forward to seeing some pics!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
I made a start today here is my gallery...

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1U-Sb1pPoZU6MINtxWaYHKHRvFcyoBeJzooK5bjYWwkc/edit?usp=sharing

Click on the drop down menu next to 'presentation' and select ' from the beginning', then click on the icon for full screen.

I will definitely be developing the course to include a hedge, another bar jump, picket fence jumps and a lily pond! I have another few ideas for jumps depending on what I find in the recycling.

<3
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 04:42:10 PM »
Looks great so far :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
I made a start today here is my gallery...

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1U-Sb1pPoZU6MINtxWaYHKHRvFcyoBeJzooK5bjYWwkc/edit?usp=sharing

Click on the drop down menu next to 'presentation' and select ' from the beginning', then click on the icon for full screen.

I will definitely be developing the course to include a hedge, another bar jump, picket fence jumps and a lily pond! I have another few ideas for jumps depending on what I find in the recycling.

<3

Lovely pics! :D
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
Great pics!  I look forward to seeing the whole course.

Elf

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »
Thanks guys! Just got my yellow and white bar jump and a turquoise fence today. I also made a green hedge jump with a white fence out of an old baco foil box, excite! I need to get a life for a few days now though ha ha.

But in the meantime I was thinking that ponies with classic back card stories to do with jumping are often in standing poses? I have NSS Posey and Hoscotch in the trotting poses. The expression on the face is a bit ditsy but at least they look like they are moving (although I think they are doing a dressage move but nevermind it's make believe). So if you have any suggestions as to ponies to use in teh Gymkhana photos I'd love to hear them! Butterscotch is definitely judging though, I just love her yellow symbols and toffee coloured eyes. Does anyone know whether the yellow symbol/toffee eyes version is definitely a variant that came with the gymkhana (as opposed to orange symbol and eyes)?

xXx

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 12:53:07 PM »
Butterscotch is definitely judging though, I just love her yellow symbols and toffee coloured eyes. Does anyone know whether the yellow symbol/toffee eyes version is definitely a variant that came with the gymkhana (as opposed to orange symbol and eyes)?

There are subtle color differences between Butterscotch releases and the CF one in general is not as golden as the FF version, but I guess the yellow symbols are due to fading.

Can't wait to see the lily pond :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:37 AM »
The more orangey symbol, dark eye version is the one which came with the Gymkhana but the difference is so marginal its tough to say its anything other than a manufacturing batch thing - its certainly not deliberate.
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal