collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FiM Hits the Salvation Army  (Read 1584 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: FiM Hits the Salvation Army
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »
I mainly find gen 3 at mine and I did see a FIM fast food toy yesterday so I will keep and eye out for others.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 05:07:46 AM »
Since this is how I plan to get my FS ponies, I am happy to hear that they are starting to show up in thrift stores. Guess this means it's time to start hunting. lol

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »
Just as the big set of the Mane 6 with their dresses and Spike showed up at Target Aadra found 2 of them in box at Goodwill or SA for like $7 total.  I still have mine, lol!

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
no only getting them second hand now in auctions over here.
i wish i was ouchy roids pony, i want to be ouchy roids forever :P
'sweet kisses' is also a sweet name

Off topic, but I think if you pm a mod, that can happen. ;)

On topic, I'm not surprised that so many are finding them. It's the same as finding them at garage sales and stuff.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 11:08:24 AM »
a lot of the thrifts stores near me, good will  salvatin army.  hospic. some are no logner selling toys..  or  others are selling them in large bags and you have to buy the bags. which most arent any  good.. but htey price them too high.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
I would love to find Fashion Style G4s!! You lucky duckies  :shocked: That would be a DREAM  :lovey:

I saw FS Fluttershy's dress though in a bucket  :cloud:

I have found/seen:
   Lots of McD Ponies
   Twinkleshine with her saddle
   Two blossomforths the same day at different stores o.O one still had plastic on leg holding the   hair.
   Talking Celestia (Which I was thankful for, really didn't want to pay $20 for her <3 saved like 18 bucks) :shifty:

One of the Blossomforths was in a bag of stuff I didn't want but wasn't priced badly. Unfortunately a lot of stores round here sell em in large bags of phooey too :) I will buy...depending on the pony/price.

One time at Good Will I found FiM So Soft Newborn Sweetie Belle

Neato!

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 10:52:31 PM »
On topic, I'm not surprised that so many are finding them. It's the same as finding them at garage sales and stuff.
I did find a few McRaritys at a garage sale. They had a 8-year-old out playing in the yard and she gave me a death glare when I bought them. I think her parents forced her to sell something and that's what she chose. But since she was playing with probably $50 worth of LPS merch (IN THE GRASS? My LPS never left my room when I was a kid) I didn't feel too bad.

Unfortunately, those are the only ponies I've ever found at a garage sale. I have MUCH better luck at thrift stores. I envy those who've said they find tons of G3s because I primarily collect G3s and I find an average of one pony per store (it's usually more like I go to 5 stores and then the last one has 5 but it ultimately balances out).

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 02:46:38 AM »
Unbelievable...toys become more and more disposable junk these days....I think it is sad...
You know from G1 they where a girls precious friend for over some years until the grow out of them. But with the G4's i looks like the came of the box and fumbled around a little and then trow away...i do not want to know how many really end up in the trash bins!!!
I have to agree with you on this one. I think kids are getting to many things and not enjoying what they have. Its sad :(

baby_yoyo

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 12:31:46 AM »
Ive not seen them in thrift stores but I have found them at car boot sales (similar to garage sales) I found 2 x mib easter fluttershy for £1 each and a mib sweetie belle set for £2.00, yet to see any brushables though......although recently im experiencing a 'pony drought!' last year at car boot sales I found g3's EVERYWHERE (hence why I have over 200 to sell at the pony meet), now the only things I tend to find are the large g3.5 baby plush thingies and loads of g3 playsets, when I ask the stall holders do they have any ponies they always say 'someone came first thing and bought them all'........i'm thinking there are more and more pony dealers out there  :(

Betelgeuse

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 11:12:08 PM »
Nope. Only G3.5s :C

Then again, the thrift stores here are weird. I found a vintage MLP lunchbox and a collection of 27 G1s at one thrift store in the same month, then there were no ponies there ever again.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »
I can kinda understand finding the mane 6 at thrift stores since the way Hasbro has been packing one of them with almost every playset and accessory. Really if a kid already has a Pinkie and wants the train they are going to end up with two Pinkies. Even if a kid loves Pinkie they might not want two of them so the dupe gets donated.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »
I saw a talking Pinkie Pie baby and some really weird looking fakies.

That's it so far. I'll be going around and having a look through all the op shops on friday though to find some and hopefully find G3's and maybe G1's. Still trying to obtain the mcdonalds ones :/

I would die if I found :muffin: Pony in an op shop.

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »
I found a cancery Dewdrop dazzle the other day. A while before that I found McPonies and a pretty tinsel haired g3 Toola Roola. I wish I could find g4s like all of you guys haha.

Think of it this way if the ponies hadn't been tossed out they wouldn't had been fated to come to live with somebody who cares about them and you'r herd of new friends.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 05:43:45 AM »
I found a cancery Dewdrop dazzle the other day. A while before that I found McPonies and a pretty tinsel haired g3 Toola Roola. I wish I could find g4s like all of you guys haha.

Think of it this way if the ponies hadn't been tossed out they wouldn't had been fated to come to live with somebody who cares about them and you'r herd of new friends.

I am really jealous of that Toola Roola. I never find really many MLP things in thrifts here in Australia. Sigh America is lucky.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 06:53:34 AM »
I found a McCheerilee on the first day that McDonald's had them. The person must have eaten their happy meal in the parking lot and dropped the toy off that morning! LOL!
I haven't found any brushables, but I haven't been finding many ponies at all lately. I also haven't been faithfully shopping the thrift stores, though I did go to lots of yard sales this summer. But it is nice to hear that they are showing up- not everyone is selling them on ebay!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal