collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Mythical $20 Airbrush™?  (Read 838 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
The Mythical $20 Airbrush™?
« on: January 07, 2021, 08:45:36 PM »
Where can I get it?

There's supposed to be an airbrush that you can get for cheap with "Yeah, sure, it works, but you get what you pay for" quality. I remember people recommending it here and there a while ago. It's become apparent that my brush-painting skills need work, if the last McDonald's pony I mauled is anything to go off of (don't worry, she'll live). I think I'm going to hunt this elusive creature down!

I looked for something like it the last time I was at Michael's (which doesn't happen very often; the nearest one's quite a drive) and saw a kit that was ~$40 (give or take) which included a bunch of browns and greens useful for camouflage (which it was designed for) or perhaps plants, but not so much for pastel fantasy horses. I decided to pass.

Can somebody point me in the direction of a good-enough airbrush for relatively cheap? Or is this just a fairy tale? Thanks to anybody who can help!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
Re: The Mythical $20 Airbrush™?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:02:51 PM »
Gonna warn you, I spend just as much time screaming at it as I do actually using it to paint.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/testors-easy-snap-spray-airbrush-kit/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=25989-1001&gclid=Cj0KCQiArvX_BRCyARIsAKsnTxP4xRsSphi1q6l95yDd7GWtyEQYjGxOcZdwzNKf1XCpnEdKlAYI2JEaAkW1EALw_wcB

ETA: I actually hook it up to an air compressor. Mine didn't come with propellant.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Mythical $20 Airbrush™?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:37:49 PM »
Thank you!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal