collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yikes!  (Read 864 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Yikes!
« on: January 04, 2021, 11:34:41 AM »
So I haven't done any rerooting in a long time (I've only done one baby pony and a Fairy Tail Bird in the past) but I finally decided to do some rerooting today. Everything was going fine but after I pulled a bunch of plugs out of the hank I noticed that the hair has shifted around a lot. No longer is the center of the hank the center of all the hair in the hank. How can I fix this or is this hank now a lost cause?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Yikes!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 04:14:02 PM »
If I understand your problem, the center is lopsided? I'd tie the hank where you want the center to be and rinse it with hot water and try to get it to go back where it should be. You might need to old onto it very tightly and try to brush it out. I find working with slightly wet hair is better anyway.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 06:08:14 PM »
If I understand your problem, the center is lopsided? I'd tie the hank where you want the center to be and rinse it with hot water and try to get it to go back where it should be. You might need to old onto it very tightly and try to brush it out. I find working with slightly wet hair is better anyway.

The center is the center for some parts but not the whole thing. Like some bunches are no longer centered.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 06:27:00 PM »
Oh no...I had this happen to me last month.  :(  It took awhile but I was able to more or less fix it.  What I did was hold it tightly in my hand by what was the middle for MOST of the hair.  Then I looked at the dangling ends and pulled the parts that were the furthest "off" and totally removed them from the hank.  Then I opened my hand and put them in so they matched the largest amount of hair (does that make sense?  this is hard to explain well for me).  I just did this over and over until it was pretty even.  It wasn't as good as new but it made it manageable.  Good luck   :satisfied:  Maybe someone else will have another idea, I could use it, too, ha ha.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 12:24:47 AM »
Oh that is such an annoying thing, especially when you have slippery and very silky hair. Wetting the hair doesn't help for me because then the shorter and longer strands get mixed and you cannot separate them visually from each other anymore. When you simply pull on the "furthest" hair, you risk that this will influence the hair staying correctly in the middle.
I guess you aren't lucky that you have non-brushed hair right? Because then you could simply take out the "uneven" strands and put them back on the correct length? So in case this problem is spread out at one side only, you can separate this whole uneven part and put the correct rest aside. If it is a problem spread out on the whole hank, center the whole hair correctly so that most amount is centered correctly, then pull on the length and the "shorter" hair will visually separate from the rest. Gently pull on the short hair (you might need to do this hair by hair sadly) until it has the correct length again.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 12:41:10 AM »
I agree, this is such an annoying problem! Unless the hair separates into plugs by itself, often the safest solution is to just correct it plug by plug as you go. It's a pain to do it like that (hair by hair like pandabear_chan said...) but at least you're not risking the rest of the hank. If the difference is minor I generally just ignore it, it will be fixed when I trim the ends. But sometimes both ends are so uneven that it can't be ignored...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal