collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 72023 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1695 on: April 10, 2024, 06:45:53 AM »
i started working on a budgeting app again. it's just for my personal use. nothing big. but calculating take home income for a pay period is annoyingly complicated :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 11, 2024, 05:05:38 AM »
And the workies are in!!! I should have moved more stuff than I did, as I have a casualty of a broken wall ornament, fortunately I have some others to go up instead of that one...
They'll be at it today, tomorrow, & Monday...
Then I hope it will be all done!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 11, 2024, 05:30:20 AM »
My dad still needs to come replace the battery on my car. He was in an accident and needs time to heal, but he could send my uncle, I'm sure... I will just give it time for now, but he tends to forget things.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 06:18:17 AM by cowboyopossum »

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 11, 2024, 08:17:26 AM »
ugh i'm not in a very good headspace today. too many calls coming up. i think i need to take some time off but i can't because i have to save that time for when family stuff comes up.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1699 on: April 11, 2024, 08:31:05 AM »
Man, I don't know what's with my eyes. They are super crusty in the morning, they have goop in them all day, at night I can't see. I have a lot of black floaters as well but I know the cause of that. Doesn't make them any less annoying though.

I don't even know when I'm seeing my eye doctor next. I should call and find out, make an earlier appointment.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 11, 2024, 11:00:30 AM »
Boss making fun of me for my asthma for the second time this week. The first time was an out-of-the-blue flare up. This morning was because some generator in the parking garage is releasing all this exhaust, and I had to get something from my car and didn’t know it was happening, so I was struggling to breathe for like half an hour (even with my rescue inhaler) because my lungs were on fire, and I was coughing up gunk.  -_-
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 11, 2024, 11:31:23 AM »
OMG shockponie that's terrible :hug: :hug: :hug: that's horrible to make fun of someone's medical condition. especially your boss. seems like something that should be illegal.

BC, i hope you can get an appointment soon and find out whats going on. :hug:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 11, 2024, 03:55:52 PM »
When organisations pull job adverts early due to 'intensive interest'.

I have a job, but I am looking for more hours and something more stable. Browsing and applying for jobs is already logistically stressful on my poor brain, but not having the time until the deadline posted to come up with a coherent application is just rude. I have always hated companies that do that.

I've tried several times to get a better job at the place I'm currently working at, but I never get it.  I've heard that they keep jobs listed on the website even after they're filled and they keep the job applications up even after they've had over 150 applicants for the same postion.

I guess after the last attack on Archive of Our Own, the site made it where you have to have an account to view certain stories?  Some of my favorite ones now tell me I have to make an account before being able to read it. 

My mom was using my phone this morning and didn't notice that I had a text.  When I asked her about it, she said she didn't see the text notification.  I told her that I wished she's told me I had a text because it was from a person at work.  She seemed like she was mad at me. 

We went to the bookstore today, but had to leave before I had a chance to go to my favorite section of the store to look for books.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1703 on: April 11, 2024, 04:08:56 PM »
OMG shockponie that's terrible :hug: :hug: :hug: that's horrible to make fun of someone's medical condition. especially your boss. seems like something that should be illegal.

BC, i hope you can get an appointment soon and find out whats going on. :hug:

I was going to say, is that not illegal over there?
Here it would be considered workplace discrimination.

There are a lot of times when job adverts are prioritised on internal candidates. I hate interviews and I won't lie, there's a mountain of evidence how they suit people who are good at selling themselves rather than necessarily good at the job. I am NOT good at selling myself, so I find interviews really stressful.

But if they close an advert early, it's not possible to even apply and try and get an interview. Just roadblock after roadblock at the organisation's convenience.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 04:10:44 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 11, 2024, 04:32:37 PM »
My dad’s friend that was hallucinating did finally go to the hospital last week. The determined it was because of alcohol withdrawals and they gave him some medicine to help manage the withdrawal symptoms. I hope he really is able to quit.

I’ve fallen into a nightmare of a financial situation that I feel completely hopeless on. There was an auction for some park used Disney memorabilia and I decided to bid on a few items. One of the items I bid on was a mirror that was used in one of the resorts my family always stayed at as kids. I really only wanted to bid a max of about $150, but because of the live bidding system, I accidentally bid way over that budget and won it at $240 instead. I swear there was a delay in showing what price the item had gotten up to, but IDK. After the initial sticker shock wore off I decided it was still a cool piece to own with sentimental value and figured I could make up for the extra money spent elsewhere.

Then I got the invoice. There was an additional $250 charge for shipping and handling. I mean, I knew it would be expensive to ship, but I never dreamed it would be the cost of the item itself! I emailed the sales department and asked if I could just pick the item up in person, as I had thought the auction house was in CA which isn’t an unmanageable drive. Nope. Not only was the item in TX instead of CA, but the $250 shipping charge was just an estimate and they figured shipping would actually be more than that. I was provided some third party shipping companies in the area I could get quotes through, but even the “cheapest” one is nearly $600 for shipping! :cry: I emailed the lady back and asked if I could please have their actual shipping cost so I could compare the quotes, but at this point I think I am completely screwed. I can’t afford to pay that much for a stupid mirror.

I know this is partially my fault for not being more careful when bidding and not researching shipping costs, but OMG who would have thought it would be that much!? I knew it was a bulkier item, but these prices are like what I’d expect for a dresser, not a decorative little mirror. I’m also really miffed that the invoice I was provided didn’t even have the right shipping cost. Was I just meant to pay that huge amount and get a surprise bill for another huge amount later?!

I’d really like to just withdraw my bid and be blacklisted, but I’m not sure THAT is even possible. The invoice said they would start charging me interest if I didn’t pay in a couple weeks and there is nothing I can find on their website about what happens if you refuse to pay/accept the item. I’m not sure what other recourse I’ll have if I can’t find a reasonable shipping cost. I don’t feel like I can dispute the charge since I did place the bid. I’m not sure if I have strong enough case with the shipping charge being unexpected since their website DOES say it’s an “estimated cost only”.

and……after typing this all out once, the whole page crash and never submitted my post. :pout: It’s not my day…..

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 12, 2024, 07:21:11 AM »
that is insane Minty. even from a greedy business POV wouldn't they want to make sure the customer is aware of and able to pay the shipping costs? I would think you could just walk away unless they can ding your credit for not paying. even then you should be able to protest deceptive business practices or something.  that's what i would do with a disclaimer of "i don't know the law" do you mind saying what site this is so others can avoid?

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 12, 2024, 08:47:26 AM »
@Minty What a predicament! That totally sucks. As much as I hate to say, it might almost be better to offer to pay for the item but not shipping/not receive it. They just have you between a rock and a hard place. >_<

As for my issue (about legality), it’s a bit of a grey area, and honestly, with how HR has handled complaints against him in the past, it’d make my life worse to complain. I am/have been actively seeking a new job.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1707 on: April 12, 2024, 09:11:28 AM »
Shockponie, that's awful. And you can't even complain! I hope you can find a new job with more caring, or at least professional people :hug:

Minty, wow. I don't even know what to say. That much for shipping is insane. And I'm sorry you bid more than you wanted too in the first place. Mistakes happen. I would try looking for free legal advice, maybe look on reddit.

I've had the meeting for my lease renewal. I just had to go across the street. I have a feeling they'll raise my rent again. And now they want to see my Paypal statements for the last 6 months. I occasionally sell stuff on a game I play, it's only like 30 bucks here and there, but they're going to count it as income. Like I get maybe 60 extra bucks every month, you're going to count it against me, raise my rent so I have no extra money? Thanks. No one wants you to get ahead in this world, I swear.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 09:24:52 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 12, 2024, 12:26:35 PM »
Thank you all for validating me in that is absolutely crazy for shipping! The quotes only got higher as more people got back to me so I was starting to think maybe I was unreasonable in my expectations! :blink: Good news is the shipping team emailed me back today and stated they would honor the original price they quoted me of the $250 or so. Even though I still think that is a lot, I feel like that’s a respectable compromise given the situation, and obviously I’m not going to be able to haggle for anything lower. I’m taking this as an expensive lesson learned - make sure to research a businesses’s shipping practices before buying! Beth3346, this all happened on Heritage Auctions. They’ve been around forever, but I am surprised they haven’t gotten more pushback on that shipping charge being subject to change. Even if you have a lot of money to burn I feel like bidders would want to know up front what to budget for the shipping.

Shockponie, I hope you can find a new job soon! I can’t believe your boss would make fun of a medical condition, that is so wildly unprofessional that I’m shocked this person even managed to get into management!

BlackCurtains, I hope they don’t raise the rent on you. I feel like unless your income were to change a lot since the last review it’s not fair to look at random PayPal payments here and there and say that qualifies as like, a steady income.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1709 on: April 12, 2024, 03:40:02 PM »
Shockponie, I hope you have good luck finding a better job soon, with a nicer supervisor.

BlackCurtains, I don't see why it's the business of the rental people what you do on your private sales. Is that normal practice over there? I could understand if it were a tax inquiry but not your rental people. Unless that is covered by some other payment scheme?

MintyMagic, that sounds like a nightmare. I'm glad they are honouring the original shipping quote, but the whole thing sounds...so unprofessional to me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal