collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you buying or making for your family for Christmas?  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: What are you buying or making for your family for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2023, 10:22:06 PM »
@Minty_Magic we also love foodie options in our house! The coffee subscription started arriving early and I must say it's a real monthly event when an exciting new roast turns up. And then you don't have trinkets lying around as you say, that you don't really need.

This is the DIY interchangeable holiday basket I got for my mom :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's such a great idea especially for someone in a care home. I guess you can add small favourite items or keepsakes? Would love to see a finished version of it.

I ordered some prints and framed photos from our family things this year, including a framed photo I took at my neice's 9th Birthday. I think my sister's family will love it as they don't get a lot of time to do things like that.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 10:23:38 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2023, 06:21:10 AM »
With everything going on, I made the drastic decision to swish my sister money to let her buy the presents from me for her kids. I love shopping for them and I love wrapping presents but with everything going on I just feel this is unecessary stress. I'm scheduled to work christmas anyway. So that leaves present for hubby. Mom's already finnished and I guess we're gonna fix something together for grandpa and that's not my responsibility. Easy and boring. I love the wrapping paper I use for the kids and is sad it wont be used this year. But it is what it is.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2023, 07:10:38 AM »
Despite not really having money to throw around with me needing to move ASAP, I was able to find a charm my mom has been wanting for a long time for half-off, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Now I will have to find something for my dad, since I did for my mom.

|My Collection|

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2023, 05:33:10 PM »
As usual I have plenty of ideas for my mom and not many for my dad.  For mom I will make a pair of gloves and a hat, and maybe buy a book she is interested in.  My sister usually will give me a very specific gift idea but I haven't heard from her yet what she would like...  The past few years I've been getting things for my friends' kids like little craft kids, educational books, things like that.  It is fun to shop for them but soon they will be the ages where they really care about exactly what they get, ha ha.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2023, 08:28:07 AM »
I don't think I'll be able to finish the DIY set for my mom before Christmas. It might have to be a surprise gift next year. To make up for it, I'm going to try one of the small cross stitch kits I bought for her. They are little beginner sets, because it's been so long since I've done it, I forgot most of it.

I also bought her a tabletop Christmas tree that lights up and comes with mini ornaments :) I also tracked down her favorite xmas decoration ever on eBay. It's a fiber optic poinsettia plant in a gold pot with a big gold bow around the front. It's listed as "vintage" and it's not expensive at all, so I'm going to buy it.

There are some other smaller things, a couple of movies and a laptop lap cushion with a built in mousepad.

For my cat I'll get her treats and some new toys, maybe a little hat to wear for pics :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2023, 08:03:36 PM »
I bought my mother a large wall calendar with cat photos. I have bought her one every Christmas. ^.^

My dad called on Thursday and we decided together not to buy each other presents this year. :shake: This way we save money and don't accidentally buy anything unnecessary. Despite this decision, he still gives me the Christmas money. That's a tradition every Christmas. He also gives money to my brother. :heart:

:zzz:

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2023, 01:40:06 PM »
I bought one of those little Mondo Llama craft kits from Target. I started making these ornaments last night that I'm going to include with gifts. They're quick and easy since they're intended for kids. I still have to make the Xmas tree and the cake.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2023, 06:09:45 PM »
Those are really cute, shockponie!

I bought the fiber optic poinsettia but it's broken. It's supposed to change colors but the motor burnt out. I found all the parts I need to fix on Amazon. Unfortunately, one thing is going to arrive late, so I'll have to give it to my mom later.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2023, 01:22:32 AM »
John only wish for a one year subscitption on youtube. In Sweden we can only pay by month so he's getting the sum equivalent for one year. But getting only a money transfer seems so boring so I also bought him a pair of long johns, a gift set with his perfume that comes with a deodorant and a big pack of his favorite chocolate waffers.

We're not gonna see each other at all on Christmas eve so I am planning on leaving the packages here and there so he'll find them throughout the day. Like the perfume set in the bathroom, the waffers on his gamingchair and the longjohns on the bed ^.^.

We're gonna play a christmas game at grandpas and we're supposed to buy two items below 30 sek (like 3 dollars) that we compete about with dices. I hate being wasteful and buying stuff just to buy so I managed to find a keychain with a folding rule and some WC clean disks at a discount store. At least those can come in handy. They were fun to wrap :).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal