collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canadian MH Sightings Thread!  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Canadian MH Sightings Thread!
« on: November 09, 2012, 03:56:34 PM »
I ventured out into the snowstorm today to look for dolls, and while I didn't find anything particularly interesting, I did have an idea it might be fun/useful to have a thread just for Canadian sightings, so we can more easily keep track of what's shown up here (and what hasn't XD). We could even collect news of sales here, or post coupons or whatever else might be handy for us frozen northerners  ^.^  :snow:

Most excitingly: (learned this on MHD) someone found a shelf tag for the Picture Day line at a Canadian TRU so possibly they are on their way to us? :D

I've heard rumours that the Dance Class dolls have been found at TRU already, but mine didn't have them yet. They did have a ton of RM, SS sans Gil, GR, DDG, S1600, and the exclusive Scooter/Powder Room with dolls. No werecat twins ATM, although there is a shelf tag. There were some CaMs and the Operetta/Lagoona/Clawdeen/Abbey fashion packs. Not many signatures. No sign of I <3 Fashion at all.

My Walmarts also have plenty of GR, DDG, RM, SS sans Gil, S1600, CaMs, etc. I've seen GR Abbey and the DDG 3-pack a few times. There are also Toralei/Spectra fashion packs still hanging around there, and a couple of Cleo/Frankie ones. Not many signatures either, although I've seen Rochelle/Robecca/Venus more frequently there than at TRU.

My Superstore has similar stock to WM right now (well, obvs minus the exclusives). All the Zellers here are clearancing to make way for Target (yay!) so there's nothing to be had there. But, weirdly enough, I found signature dolls at Shoppers Drug Mart today! Ro/Ro/Ve and Abbey too. Just sigs, no other lines.

Phew! (I'm in Western Canada, for reference!) Fellow Canucks, please share what it's like in your corner of monsterland!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian MH Sightings Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »
I approve of this thread!

You've basically summed up what is available in my area of Ontario :) The Dance class dolls have appeared in many Ontario TRUs, but not mine yet. However, they are rolling out! I suspect that the $12 sale on the SS line is a clearance, and the Dance class dolls will appear quite rapidly after that is over. And maybe we'll get the I <3 Fashion line? Eventually? Pretty please, Mattel Canada!

Also, the SS dolls are $12 at both TRU and Superstore this week. The RM line is around $16 at TRU right now, and the school playset is on sale as well.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 05:40:26 PM »
Today's hunting results: same as last week :doh: Ah, well! I saw that my TRU was doing that SS clearance too, Catlein! Only a couple of lonely Ghoulias left. But they have sooo many Roller Maze on the shelf that I'm thinking it could still be quite a while until Dance Class shows up here :what: Curses. :shakefist:

There were lots of the Venus and Robecca case around though so that was super nice to see! Still no I <3 Fashion though  -_-

I was at Superstore too, and they had DDG/GR with not bad prices (comparatively speaking) :P

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »
Same... old... dolls... :argh:

On the bright side, there is a TRU Express opening for the holidays tomorrow just a few minutes from where I live :biggrin: Guess who's going to be there like, EVERY DAY looking for new dolls?

But speaking of, I've never been to a TRU Express before... any Canadians know if they get stuff quicker or slower than our regular TRUs? I'm not sure how many hopes to get up... (probably 0, lol) :yikes:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »
TRU expresses don't carry as many lines or very  much of those lines they do carry  ...

they carry two kinds of toys ... the fairly popular and the really cheap toys lol

they will stock some MH stuff and you might get lucky to see new stuff ... but usually not ... they'll probably have the lines the big stores are over stocked with to try and make room for the big stores to get the new stuff ...

you'll pry see Skull Shores and the Roller ghouls mostly :\
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »
Who else is sitting at home tonight pouting that our "Black Friday" sale is 20% off our already overpriced TRU dolls? Woo are my #Canadianproblems! :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »
TRU expresses don't carry as many lines or very  much of those lines they do carry  ...

they carry two kinds of toys ... the fairly popular and the really cheap toys lol

they will stock some MH stuff and you might get lucky to see new stuff ... but usually not ... they'll probably have the lines the big stores are over stocked with to try and make room for the big stores to get the new stuff ...

you'll pry see Skull Shores and the Roller ghouls mostly :\

That's pretty much what I was afraid of! Thank you though, I will definitely keep my hopes low so I won't be disappointed :lol:

Who else is sitting at home tonight pouting that our "Black Friday" sale is 20% off our already overpriced TRU dolls? Woo are my #Canadianproblems! :)

:rofl: Me! I was very :brow: when I saw that in today's flyer. Wooow... only $30 for Ghouls Rule, eh TRU? So. Exciting. :nuts:

#canadianproblems FTW!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »

:rofl: Me! I was very :brow: when I saw that in today's flyer. Wooow... only $30 for Ghouls Rule, eh TRU? So. Exciting. :nuts:

#canadianproblems FTW!

As a note, I just ordered the I <3 Fashion Dolls (I think, the website is being a bit screwy), and shipping was quite reasonable! ($12). So we have access to one thing :D

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 07:23:44 PM »
Ooh, YAY! Congrats, that is great! :heart: Now that I know it's not crazy $ for shipping I might have to stalk the site for Picture Day/Scaris...  :biggrin:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Ooh, YAY! Congrats, that is great! :heart: Now that I know it's not crazy $ for shipping I might have to stalk the site for Picture Day/Scaris...  :biggrin:

Scaris is up there right now! And only $24 which is undoubtedly going to be cheaper than our prices :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »

Scaris is up there right now! And only $24 which is undoubtedly going to be cheaper than our prices :)

AHH! :shocked: SO TEMPTING! *twitches* Do I or don't I...  :freak:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »

AHH! :shocked: SO TEMPTING! *twitches* Do I or don't I...  :freak:

No Jinafire though... But Skelita! I stuck with just the Fashion girls so far ^^;

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »
Aaaaa... okay, I've convinced myself to wait and see if Jinafire goes up too. If I can get them all in one go...  :biggrin: *keeps tab open to refresh*

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »
Hey Canadians! Bumping this thread to tell everyone that one of my MH FB sightings groups has said that the Scaris 2-pack has made it to Canada!

And have any of our Ottawa members seen Jinafire anywhere? This silly ghoul keeps eluding me! (And RM Clawdeen... le sigh)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 04:38:28 PM »
Woooot! Time to check out my TRU to see if they're there... and if I can't leave without them  :lol: Did you hear what the price was?

(And if you still can't find Jina or RM Clawdeen, Catlein, I've seen them occasionally and I'd always be happy to try to pick them up for you :hug:)

New stuff I've seen: the Ice/Blob, Mummy/Gorgon, and Harpy and Siren CaMs at Superstore (last week). Nowhere else so far. They are gorgeous, especially the Harpy!

None of the new fashion packs have been spotted anywhere yet?  :lookround:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal