collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cat horror stories? I need to hear em!  (Read 4916 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Cat horror stories? I need to hear em!
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:33 AM »
Ah, ive never had cats (alergic, even though ill sometimes forget I am until I pet or pick the cat up) and there are others here that have things against cats..and even dogs thanks to my brothers pug.

I could tell you a bunch of funny dog stories if that would help <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »
Well... frequent brushing won't stop them from puking.  I know- it's hairball season right now. They're going to vomit- it's just a pet thing! Just invest in a case of Pet Oxi- I get the Resolve version because it's cheaper than Nature's Miracle.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
Well, I brought her home today!

She is such a good kitty:)  She did not enjoy the pet carrier the adoption place put her in :lol:  She filled the entire inside of the thing.  I'm gonna have SO much fun trying to put her back in when we have to go to the vet :rolleyes:

She cried the whole way home, but she didn't wet or mess herself, so I was a very happy mommy:) 

OMG the cat hair!  It's EVERYWHERE!  I've been brushing her all day long, and it just keeps coming. 

I am perfect for her.  She easily spooked by the slightest noises, and she doesn't seem to be very outgoing.  I couldn't imagine her with kids, or a big family.  I'm super quite, and don't bother her much :P  She's not as sassy as I thought she was:(  That kinda disapoints me.  I expected her to be.....different.  Maybe she'll get some of her sass back when she gets comfortable with me.

She's been investigating the apartment, in between her many catnaps :lol:

I don't know what to call her.  One of the adoption people asked me if I was gonna change her name.  I asked if she knows her name, and they said they didn't think so.  I'm crap at coming up with names.  Right now she's just "Pretty Kitty."  "Maxine" just doesn't want to come out of my mouth :huh:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

jeapos88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 08:04:45 PM »
Just keep watching her and a name ill come to you. That's how all mine got their names.

George-super curious and can't stay out of thing

Lumpy-got in a bucket of beanie babies as a kitten and I tore apart my apartment looking for him. I found him an hour later in the bucket like a little lump

mini-the name the rescue gave her but she's tiny so it fits, although I call her squiggy more often than mini.

Houdini-he got in and out of the smallest places as a kitten, and I could never find him :lol:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 08:49:52 PM »
Skeen, I love your kitty!!!!!!  Drama Cat!!!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
I love cats, I volunteer at a cat shelter.   As for pet cats, I haven't had one for a while, as I live with family, and after the last one my father said no more.   Pandora was pure, unadulterated evil.  Not surprisingly, as a crazy cat person, I miss her. :P

Aside from scratching and biting, leaving a trail of scars on everyone in the household, most of the horror of living with her was the various wildlife she would bring into the house.   As a kitten she discovered the outside world, and quickly demanded we allow her full access indoors and out (by applying lots of claws and teeth).  Add to this that she turned out to be an excellent hunter... and the result was her bringing small critters into the house.   Only, many of them were not dead... she preferred to catch them, bring them in live, and then let them loose so she could tear about the house on a killing spree.  *sigh*   Most of the time it was rodents, though there was one day where I found a live bird hiding behind the desk in my bedroom.

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 12:08:25 AM »
I am glad you took her on :) she is probably just surveying her new territory, she will probably come out of her shell in a week or two. Most new kitties do take a little while to explore their new home and aren't quiet themself to begin with. Even with my 3, they have moved to two different homes in a matter of months, and it did take them about a week to "settle in" as such in both nw homes. Mind you, it didn't take them long to be running the place again lol.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »
Yesterday, I HATED this cat :lol:  She actually HURT my feelings.  How is that even possible?  I was just petting her, and loving her, and she turned on me!  She scratched me, bit me (hard :cry:) and hissed at me.  Back to being that sassy cat from the adoption place :rolleyes:

I know we are still getting to know each other.  I've learned quite alot about her in the last three days.  I think she's learning alot about me too :lol:

She's sleeping next to me right now.  I guess I don't hate her too much today ;)

Question for anyone who would like to answer:  Do vets clip cat claws?  Just walking around my apartment, her claws get stuck in the carpet.  I can HEAR her in the other room walking around!  I gotta get her some kitten mittens :cool:  She's not declawed, btw.

There is NO WAY I can clip her myself.  She'll kill me.  If just petting her sets her off, I have no idea what trimming her nails is gonna do to her!  I'm sure stuffing all 15 pounds of her into her tiny cat carrier for a trip to the groomer won't go over well either.  I have to take her to vet soon anyway........
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 09:47:10 AM »
Vets can do nails, yes. It only takes a few moments and they should have no issue doing it for you. Sometimes they will just do it anyways if they feel the claws are too long.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal