collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cat horror stories? I need to hear em!  (Read 4921 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Cat horror stories? I need to hear em!
« on: June 02, 2013, 06:16:42 PM »
I kinda sorta fell for a rescue cat today.  I've ALWAYS loved cats, and I had one as a child.  As an adult, I could never have one because I was married to a man who was very allergic.  Well, we've recently divorced, and I'm alittle lonely, and I love animals, and I'm not seeing a down side here...... As soon as people started to hear about the divorce, pretty much everyone said "Well, now you can get a cat!"

This cat has such an attitude!  She was biting me and scratching at me.  I was cracking up:)  She kept giving me the dirtiest looks.  She's fat and a little *beep* just like me!  I love her :lol:  All the other cats were $65, but she was $20.  I asked why she was so cheap, and they said she had been with them for quite awhile.....

I just walked in the adoption place today.  I haven't shopped around.  Is that a bad thing?  I'm afraid of making such a big choice so quickly.  It's not something you should take lightly. 

I think I'd like to hear stories about the down side to owning a cat, so I can get an idea of what I have to look forward too :huh:  Any advice?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:18:55 PM by justkitter »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Cat horror stories? I need to hear em!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
I'm honestly more of a dog person than a cat person, and I've only ever had outside cats. My family has a big farm so we always had barn cats. I remember bringing home a poor kitten from the dumpster one time in a pizza box. If you wanna hear a horror story I remember once my mom left the back door open. Most of the cats thy had were nice since my sister played with them a lot, but she had three mean females that were very anti human. One got in the house and ran in my room and we could not get her out. I remember her climbing literally up the walls...lots of cat poo. Took days to get her out and a week to clean. Fun horror story for you. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »
Well, here's one. I had a kitten once (and his whole litter too, they were bottle babies). He was a perfect angel. He used to cry when he couldn't see me and was sweet as could be. My mother gave him away to my sister-in-law's mother. He took over the house. He would attack anyone who walked through the door, owner included. He wouldn't let anyone on the furniture, especially this one chair he'd claimed as his. He wouldn't use his litter box. He bit and scratched and yelled and fought and was....well....insane apparently. After several months of being terrorized by my little Oshyan, she sent him back. He came in, hissed at his brother, got in trouble, and went back to being the perfect angel again. Never had any trouble out of him after that. She'd always let him do whatever he wanted and never gave him any rules to follow. When he came back home and got scolded, he remembered he wasn't allowed to run amok there and he went back to good kitty mode. Was fine with me, I was glad he was home. He was the one I was closest to out of the litter and I was not pleased when my mother rehomed him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 06:32:29 PM »
I have one!

I live with two cats.  The end.

XD

(I'm a dog person.  Please take this as a joke, cat lovers!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

jeapos88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »
I currently own 4 cats, but have had cats all my life so here's some of my stories everyone says I have "special" cats:

Cleo I got from the animal shelter and was fine till a few days after I got her home, then I found out that she hadn't been properly socialized as a kitten, so she would have times where she tried to climb up my back with her claws, or grab ahold of my arm and just scratch the crap out of it, about the time she settled down she ran away so...

mini came from petsmart, she is a dwarf and she was previously abused and abandoned, had lots of issues with certain toys, has anxiety issues, freaks out when I put her in a carrier to the point she makes herself hoarse. She has moments when she has fits when she can't find me in another room, but she is a sweet cat, and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Houdini was born as a feral cat and was outside till he was two months old when he got in the car engine of the lady I got him from. Halfway down the road he fell out and she went back for him, he can't meow, has some neurological issues and isn't very social, but i'm still working on him.

My other two are George and Lumpy who are brothers I've had since they were 4 days old, so they don't act like cats, but more like people. They are seven now and the biggest, sweetest furballs you'll ever meet.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »
This isn't really a horror story, but I swear I offended a cat once. I was at the hairdresser's house/shop, and was petting her cat. He wandered away and started licking himself. I say, "Yeah, your fur did feel a little greasy." I swear, he turns his head and glares at me, then immediately leaves the room. I felt so shocked and embarrassed!  :blush:  I'd never have said it if I'd known he understood English!  :lol:
I'll put something here some time

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »
I'm reading all these stories and just laughing! 

I think I may be up for anything, really.  I think a cat with some personality is what I need, and this one sure did have it :lol:

I'm sorta concerned about her getting along with my dolls (yes, I'm insane -_-)  I don't want to wake up to a pile of chewed on dolls :crazy:

Anyone have a cat that is as addicted to your collection as you are? ;)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

thekozmicpig

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »
My adopted cat is the sweetest, kindest most social cat in the world. With that said:

1. She will wake you up at 5 am to be fed. She will than follow up and will not shut up until she gets food. Will she eat it? Sometimes.

2. Scratching post? Pfft. I like the stairs!

3. She likes to sit on your shoulder. Best guess is that her previous owners did this, and she's used to it. This wouldn't be bad if she wouldn't squirm out of your hands claws out to get up there OR decide that she wants to climb up you while your only wearing a towel.

In defense of the last thing, having a cat just lay on your shoulder while you walk around the house is kinda awesome.

I just walked in the adoption place today.  I haven't shopped around.  Is that a bad thing?  I'm afraid of making such a big choice so quickly.  It's not something you should take lightly. 

How the day we got my cat went:

- visit sister in Long Island
- see cat, think cat is pretty cool
- find out cat is going to go to the shelter as the current owner doesn't want her/can't keep her
- agree to take the cat

This all happened over the course of ten minutes.

As far as shopping around goes, it's not bad, but hey, maybe you feel a bond with this cat. When my mom's friend went to the shelter to get another cat (to replace one that passed on), her husband went through the shelter, saw a bunch of cats that were sleeping or looking bored, and there was ONE cat reaching out from the cage with her paw.

Guess who got chosen?

Maybe you and this cat are destined.

I'm sorta concerned about her getting along with my dolls (yes, I'm insane -_-)  I don't want to wake up to a pile of chewed on dolls :crazy:

Anyone have a cat that is as addicted to your collection as you are? ;)

Mine tried to chew on Fluttershy once. I told her no. She's never bothered since.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
Ahhhhh thekozmicpig!  This is exactly what I wanted to hear!

My sister was worried about me wanting to buy a "clearanced" cat, because "there's a reason she's been sitting there for awhile."  That got me spooked.

A cat with attitude would be just fine with me.  I have no children, and I don't entertain.  I don't have any other animals either.  It would just be me and her ^.^

I hope she doesn't try to lay on my shoulders!  Her paperwork said she weighs 15+ pounds :shocked:  Maybe we can diet together :haha:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
I have adopted and rescued plenty of cats. Some show up, some were actually adopted. My family has always had cats, I am actually more of a dog person...

The best cat I have ever been owned by though, Richard, was a "clearance kitty." He was kind of old and had a bit of an attitude there. He was $20, and the best twenty bucks I have ever spent. I would do about anything to have that guy still around. He played fetch, actually returned the ball. He was fat. He hated my alarm clock and would bite my head until I turned it off, it was actually appreciated when I was in college. Ha.

One of my current cats, Michael, was adopted from Best Friends in Utah. I met him while I was volunteering in 2007 and totally fell in love. He liked to ride around on my shoulder while I cleaned, the entire day. Unfortunately, I was not old enough to adopt at the time so I told him that if he was still there on my birthday the following year, I would be back... I adopted him in November 2008. :)

Oh, and on Saturday, one of my mother's cats peed on shoes.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
Growing up we had a cat that hated me. I had to walk out of rooms backwards to stop him coming after me. One day he was snoozing under my bed. I reached under and patted him. Huge mistake!!! 20 years later I still have the scars on my arm from where he went ballistic on me. My current biatch is just that. Fat, lazy, snoozes all day. Hates being in her carrier, and lets me know this by pooping in it. Just awesome on a long journey :lol: it is not easy to drive with your head out the window!!! But she is lovely, and very special to me. As a kitten she used to drape herself around my neck. Now, I don't think she could drape around anything - that would mean moving!!

shadowdreamer

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 08:34:51 PM »
I have had 4 cats in my life. When I was little I lived in apartments and could not have cats, but as soon as we moved to the country, I got my first kitten, Dinah like Alice's cat from Alice in wonderland. She was my cat. She would let me put her in doll cloths, put in strollers, feed bottles, brush her with barbie combs, everything. But everyone called her the psycho cat because she HATED other humans.My mom has scars from her just attacking her and so does my grandpa. She would pull all the hair off her belly, I think it is because she had paranoia that ants where on her, because one year we had ants all in our house, and she got bite alot by them, so i think it caused her to get crazy in her old years. She was also a wild kitten that my dad had found, and a bob tail cat, so we think that gave her a little b-witchy-ness to her personality. I loved her so much, she passed away 3 years ago.My second  cat was Fella, he is just so so so....scatter brained. He loved bouncy balls, and laser pointers, he will go crazy for hours just playing with imaginary bugs, he will mess jumps and fly face first into things, he runs into walls alot. He is not graceful at all, he is like a bull in a china shop,but I love him to death. My 3rd cat is Lola, she is very serious, she thinks she is the princess of the castle. She takes FOREVER to eat wet cat food because she does not eat it..she just licks it lightly, then stares at it, waits a few minutes, licks it a bit,then stares at it..and it repeats. She is VERY loud, she meows almost constantly. She also sheds buckets worth of hair, it is ridiculous!  She is a white cat so the hair gets every where, but she HATES being brushed, so it's either get bathed in white cat hair or be bathed in blood from her scratches. My 4th cat I had was Luna, she was a sweet heart, loving, amazing, but...she refused to use the litter box..ever. She was a polydactyl cat, meaning she had extra toes. Her claws also grew to the point they would curl and go into her paw if we did not trim them once a week...but with 22 toes to clip, she was amazing hard to catch and hold down long enough to do so. She was also very anti social so she would freak out if she even seen another cat, she would take off running, destroying anything in her path to get away. She was a good cat,but my mom forced me to take her to the animal shelter.. :\ Oh well, I am pretty sure she got a good home. She was amazingly pretty. Those are my horror stories.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
I say go for it, if it's just you & her, you can work on any problems that arise :) for the meantime, I would however keep any of your collection either behind closed doors or stored in tubs or something until you see if she has any attraction to plastic stuff. You could always get some baits or something and leave them laying around to see what she does with them ;)

I have 3 senior kitties, all with attitudes, but, there is nothing too bad that I can say about them. I think the hardest thing to deal with is when one gets sick.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »
when i got my 2 latest cats i went to a breeder she sold me 2 kittens that were an accidental breeding ! one died a few weeks later as he had a heart defect so the breeder gave me another but he was all begal ,i wondered why she just dident give one she had rescued then 3 years ago after many many trips to the vet i found out he had FIV from when he was in the womb !  and my other cat has been knocked down and had a broken pelvis and hock, these cats have cost me more in vets bills than all 6 of my other cats (moggies) i had before put together !!! but i love them so next time im going to a rescue place !!! xaflamex

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 02:35:43 AM »
Hmmm, not quite sure its a horror story, but here is how I got my Honey cat (with temperament of Honey badger  XD)

Back in 2007, my town was hit by some of the worst flooding we'd seen in decades. My cousin was unfortunate to have been flooded out of her home after having her baby. So my cousin and baby went to stay at her mothers house whilst her house was being fixed, but her cat couldn't go there because of my aunts dog. So she came to stay with me.  The first couple of days were a bit of a struggle whilst we got used to each other, but we soon became friends.  A few months down the line and my cousins house was ready to move into.  Naturally, she came to collect Honey, well, I cried, she cried, Honey cried. I missed her terribly, and it seems Honey missed me too because a couple of days later, my cousin brought her back. Honey hadn't eaten and was pining for me!!  :cry: So she came to live with me permanently.

The worst incident that sticks out in my mind happened during and after an unexpected visit from my sister.  She'd been out drinking and since she'd been sick in the gutter, the taxi driver refused to take her home.  I lived in the town center then and offered her my sofa for the night. So she slept on my couch, had a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich in the morning and caught the bus home, everything went well.......or so I thought.  Once she left, I started on my household chores and went to clean out the litter box.  Honey was in the bathroom and was quite distraught, I looked at the litter box and saw why.  My drunken sister had used the litter box herself!!!!  :shocked: :shocked:   I had to re-train Honey on the litter box, new box, went through several different brands of litter to find one she liked and spend a fortune. My sister just laughed it off !! Honey still doesn't like her and growls whenever my sister comes to visit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal