collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tamagotchis  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Tamagotchis
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 10:00:09 AM »
Anyone have a pic to share?

Your wish is my command ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's my Tamagotchi drawer. The little green one with the yellow details was my very first one :heart: But unfortunately I can no longer remove the battery cover. The yellow one with blue trim is now my go-to Tamagotchi when I feel like booting one up. Because, of the three original Tamagotchi that I have, it is the ONLY one that I can remove the battery cover on. Stupid cheap little screws, the heads wear down so they're impossible to remove :(

I had a lot of good memories with these guys back in the day :) The new ones just aren't as much fun though, they're too complex. I like to keep my virtual pets simple.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »
That's a great collection there, calico_star. Do a lot of them still work? I used to have a huge collection and then my mom threw them away. :/
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 06:53:31 PM »
I never could get into them. I was the kid who let it poop itself the deaf or whatever happens.  :P

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Calico_Star

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »
Aww man, what a bummer DazzleKitty! I can never understand throwing away toys @__@

As far as I'm aware, most of them still work. The only one I know doesn't work is a little penguin one that never did work in my entire time owning it. My problem is the battery covers. I think my two other original Tamagotchis work, but since I can't get the battery covers off to replace them, I don't know :( Most of them I haven't tried booting up in ages though.

Also, I need to stay out of the Off-Topic threads because I always end up buying stuff. This thread inspired me to go buy a Japanese Tamagotchi Nano off eBay, lol. (I'd thought about getting a Mini before but never did, and this thread reminded me of it...darn you, OP! :P ) But omg look how cute it is! It's on its way to me from Japan now :)

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »
Aww man, what a bummer DazzleKitty! I can never understand throwing away toys @__@

As far as I'm aware, most of them still work. The only one I know doesn't work is a little penguin one that never did work in my entire time owning it. My problem is the battery covers. I think my two other original Tamagotchis work, but since I can't get the battery covers off to replace them, I don't know :( Most of them I haven't tried booting up in ages though.

Also, I need to stay out of the Off-Topic threads because I always end up buying stuff. This thread inspired me to go buy a Japanese Tamagotchi Nano off eBay, lol. (I'd thought about getting a Mini before but never did, and this thread reminded me of it...darn you, OP! :P ) But omg look how cute it is! It's on its way to me from Japan now :)

Wow... The packaging is gorgeous, are you going to keep it moc?

princeichi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »
I had a few tamagotchis and gigapets when I was small, as well as like 2 or 3 poo-chis, a meow-chi, a furby, and like...a dozen or so micropets

My household went through batteries pretty quickly...haha

Skitterbug

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
I collect them. I have well over a hundred! Tamagotchi, Giga and Nano pets, and all the little off brand ones

Here are all the drawers (linked, because big photos)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y7312QCJ1r2ttj5o1_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y7312QCJ1r2ttj5o2_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y7312QCJ1r2ttj5o3_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y7312QCJ1r2ttj5o4_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y7312QCJ1r2ttj5o5_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y7312QCJ1r2ttj5o6_1280.jpg

This is how deep the last three drawers are
http://i.imgur.com/cf1WJ.jpg

They hold all the ones with packages.

@Calico_star
You've got some gems in there! The digimon, english tamagotchi angel, and pocket pikachu are all pretty valuable. Hold onto them!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:46:28 AM by Skitterbug »

Offline Calico_Star

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
Dawn- Nah, I want to be able to play with my Tamagotchi. I only keep older toys MOC, and this is a newer version. But I will save the box-- I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the toy out without damaging the box anyway. It is cute :)

Skitterbug- Oh cool, thats good to know! Thanks! And wow, you've got an impressive collection! So many neat ones in there! What's that star-shaped Neopets one? It looks neat. And that round flat green one with the green necklace attached to it gave me a nostalgia kick-- I know I or someone I know had one back in the day. What was it? I don't know if the one I'm remembering ever worked, because I can't remember what kind of pet it was lol. How did you manage to accumulate so many of them? I don't think I've ever seen any secondhand, except for a couple of the newer LPS ones once.

Skitterbug

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
Skitterbug- Oh cool, thats good to know! Thanks! And wow, you've got an impressive collection! So many neat ones in there! What's that star-shaped Neopets one? It looks neat. And that round flat green one with the green necklace attached to it gave me a nostalgia kick-- I know I or someone I know had one back in the day. What was it? I don't know if the one I'm remembering ever worked, because I can't remember what kind of pet it was lol. How did you manage to accumulate so many of them? I don't think I've ever seen any secondhand, except for a couple of the newer LPS ones once.

I'm not sure the exact name of the neopets one, it was only released in the state. The green one with the necklace was known as both Kimiko the Fosterling, and Baby Byte, but there's also a panda variety that came in the same shell - Bobo Byte, I believe?

Most of mine were purchased off ebay, but I bought something like 100 of the non-tamagotchi ones from someone who was selling off their collection! I've also found a few second hand at yard sales and thrift stores, but those were almost always the modern tamagotchi connections.

I know your digimon could reasonably get upwards of 60 dollars on ebay if it works, and the american tamagotchi angel is probably 40+. You'd get at least 50 for the pocket pikachu, too. All these prices are if they're working. Obviously I'm not saying you should sell, but it's always interesting to know how much things are worth!
No regrets.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:54:41 PM by Skitterbug »

Offline Calico_Star

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
Whoa, very cool, Skitterbug! I wonder why Tamas so seldom show up at yard sales though. Everyone and their mother and their dog had one, they should be flooding the thrift stores like Beanie Babies, right? :P

Very cool to know what they're worth, wow! Not planning on selling them (learned that lesson with my ponies and all my other early childhood toys) but as you said, still cool to know what they're worth. I know the Pikachu (actually I have two, as I inherited my brother's) and Angel still work for sure. Digimon should too.

I also have two Digivices (original and...ah, probably the next gen after that-- a white and red one) and a digi-dex that are hidden under other ones in my photo. I used to be a huge Digimon fan, and when I was younger I NEEDED those Digivices. NEEDED THEM TO LIVE. Ah, the memories! :P

When I was shopping for my Nano, I discovered the Tamagotchi iD l. Now I want to play with one, but they're so expensive, and I know it'd only take a week or two before I got sick of it. Boo. Anyone have one they want to loan me? :drunk:

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »
I just... I remember the deaths. The constant, constant deaths. :(

D-: I remember the first one my kid had, the first time it died. The little "x"'s where the eyes were did me in... D-: I cried. Geez. lol

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 11:55:20 AM »
This thread inspired me to buy some batteries (thank you DG for your cheap Energizer electronic batteries) and pop them in a pet. I work alone and get bored during breaks unless I have something to read. Anywho, I chose an 8-in-1 pet because they were my favorites although less complex than name brand pets. How did this ever keep me entertained? Its so lame. Not to mention I now remember why we used to get in trouble for having them at school because they don't turn off and they want to play with you during the day. Seriously lacking in an off button until I get to break time. I'd imagine after 8 hours of work it'd be dead except I changed the time to night so it would sleep the second half of the workday. So I took out the batteries and put them in a neopets handheld pet. These are much more entertaining with their games and can be put away for longer without having them poop and get sick and die.

I wonder if there is a screw extractor small enough to remove tiny stripped screws. If you have screws that are stripped you can try putting a flat rubber band between the screwhead and the screwdriver and it might help you remove them and get the covers off kinda like a rubber jar opener helps you grip the top of a jar that is screwed tight.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:00:35 PM by HavACrumpet452 »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
Not too long ago I saw some in stores. Are they still making the keychains? If so, I may buy one for nostalgia's sake. It may die if I can't take care of it at work, though. :P
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »
Oh wow! I remember being so obsessed with them when I was in school. I don't think I ever got one until I was 15 or 16 and the fad was long gone. It was so much fun. I miss the simple things from the good old days like that.

I don't have any stories... except that at one point I was able to keep mine alive for such a long time, if I didn't feed it literally every five minutes, it almost died (or went home to its planet, lol). I started to have to pause it over and over again to keep that from happening! :P

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Calico_Star

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »
Guys. Guys, my Tamagotchi Nano came in the mail today. Omg you guys. It is SO TEENY AND ADORABLE! Pictures somehow make it look bigger than it actually is. You have to see one in person to appreciate how cute and tiny and bite-sized it is.

Sooooo cuuuuuuuteeeee!
Spoiler

Crumpet-- You're lucky that batteries is all this thread inspired you to buy! :P Besides the Nano I just got in the mail, I'm now seriously considering the $60+ color tamagotchi.... :drunk:

I did try the rubber band trick already, but thanks for the suggestion anyway :) One of these days I think I'm just going to take it to a jewelers and see if they can work their voodoo magic on it.

Dazzle-- I don't think they're still making them in the US right now. But, like all things, they are readily available on eBay :P

Windsong-- Dang! Talk about dedication!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal