collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Gender?

Male
18 (10.3%)
Female
146 (83.9%)
Other
10 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Author Topic: Gender?  (Read 4979 times)

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
Re: Gender?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
All girl here in every way shape and form, but for some reason I always tend to get along better with the guys O.o

Same!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
Female and loving it!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 06:31:59 PM »
I'm a lady.

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »
Androgynous man of female experience here.  I identified as genderqueer for a long time.  Sometimes I still think it fits.  I seem to be pretty close to the middle of the gender scale. 

Something interesting is that you can have females who have XY chromosomes and males that have XX.  There's even people who have both XY and XX chromosomes.  And I have a friend whose chromosomes are XXY.

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
i am cisgendered and self identified female and very thankful for it. not that another option is lesser than, what i mean is that i am thankful to have always been certain. i've seen several of my beautiful friends go through tw pain of realization and transformation, all coming out even more beautiful because of it. but all the same, i am thankful to have avoided that turmoil.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »
The topic about age ranges got me curious as to what kind of gender spread we got here. Remember when answering that gender =\= assigned sex. Get to clicking the buttons!

looks like we are the only dudes so far:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Stuntmang

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 07:31:22 PM »
The topic about age ranges got me curious as to what kind of gender spread we got here. Remember when answering that gender =\= assigned sex. Get to clicking the buttons!

looks like we are the only dudes so far:)
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »
Gender and sex are female for me! One of my ex's came out to me as trans before we broke up, and I know what turmoil they went thrpough with their family before we stopped talking. I honestly think that one of the reasons we broke up was that he was insecure with becoming male in our relationship, as I am usually more attracted to women. I told him it was fine, but a week or so after he came out as a man to me, he broke it off.

NumiTuziNeru

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »
Floating around in the space of do not give a flying rodent's posterior.
But I really like skirts.

(ps stuntmang i think i'm in love with your avatar.)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »
Birth sex is Male, and honestly I'm not exactly thrilled with it but I'll live.  :unsure:

Although I do present as Male, My interests and Personality tend to be more Androgynous. I have a high admiration for females and I am very often inspired and influenced by them. I have always loved colorful, pretty, girly things but I also like some masculine things as well.

What I have more of a problem with is gender stereotyping and people who judge others based on their interests or lifestyle. People should not have to go through hell because someone else doesn't agree with their ways. I should not have to worry about liking stereotypically girly things without being accused of being a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with it, I'm just not), or being called a pansy, sissy, ect. Liking a particular thing does not make you a weaker person.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:46:32 PM by Pony_Lover_Man »

Phekzhen

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
Androgynous man of female experience here.  I identified as genderqueer for a long time.  Sometimes I still think it fits.  I seem to be pretty close to the middle of the gender scale. 

Something interesting is that you can have females who have XY chromosomes and males that have XX.  There's even people who have both XY and XX chromosomes.  And I have a friend whose chromosomes are XXY.

True. Genetically, you're a male if you have a Y chromosome, since only certain things are tied to an Y chromosome, and (usually) having one X chromosome makes you much more likely to have certain genetic issues.

You can change how you present yourself, and what's in your pants, but you can't change your chromosomes. So that's the one thing on the gender/sex issue that is (currently) permanent.

I know that XXX is fairly common, and that you can have 4 sex chromosomes. The bare minimum is XO, or just having one X chromosome, and that person would be considered genetically female. You can't have 0 sex chromosomes, because then the embryo just won't develop.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 08:39:21 PM »
I'm all girl  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Stuntmang

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:44 PM »

True. Genetically, you're a male if you have a Y chromosome, since only certain things are tied to an Y chromosome, and (usually) having one X chromosome makes you much more likely to have certain genetic issues.

You can change how you present yourself, and what's in your pants, but you can't change your chromosomes. So that's the one thing on the gender/sex issue that is (currently) permanent.

I know that XXX is fairly common, and that you can have 4 sex chromosomes. The bare minimum is XO, or just having one X chromosome, and that person would be considered genetically female. You can't have 0 sex chromosomes, because then the embryo just won't develop.
It's important to remember, though, that biological sex and gender are two different things.

Phekzhen

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »
It's important to remember, though, that biological sex and gender are two different things.

Oui, but of course.

Isn't biological more of "what parts you have" than "what genes you have" though? Because I've seen people talk about their biological sex referring to being intersex or hermaphroditic, while that's impossible to have, say, intersex genes.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 09:20:41 PM »
It can get a bit confusing at times.  People often use the terms sex and gender interchangeably but they're not the same.  Gender is what's between the ears.

For quite a while I wondered exactly what I was--I knew I wasn't a woman but I did like a lot of stereotypically feminine things...then the day came that I realized I can like stuff like ponies and dolls and sewing and still be a guy.  Big "duh" moment there, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal