collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what does it mean?  (Read 662 times)

Offline TwistedRainbow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Rainbow Customs
what does it mean?
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:15:53 PM »
not sure where to post this, if its in the wrong spot please move it

show me your persona and tell us how you came up with it and what it means.

heres mine
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

hair: i love all colors and i have a dark side hence the awesome hair. plus ive always wanted wavy hair. i decided to flip every other rainbow strip so i would get a good mix of color.
body: white because it is pretty. black zebra stripes for a bit of an edge. and i love her fuzzy feet. they remind me of legwarmers and i think its really cute.
unicorn because im interested in magic.
nose horns for edge
bright blue eyes for 2 reasons, 1: i have blue eyes (mine are darker though) 2: i'd like to think i have a special talent that i can read people by body actions and the way they talk and facial expressions. so i picked piercing blue eyes like looking into your soul.
cutie mark: a heart i designed, an abstract representation of me and my hubbys initials because i love him so much.

tell me about yours!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:22:54 PM by TwistedRainbow »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: what does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »
Cool ponysona!  :)  I love all the colors and different designs, she's very fun.

Here's mine:

I didn't really have a plan when I started designing mine, really.  I knew I wanted a unicorn, so I started there.  My interests are so varied (sports, animals, outdoors, music, reading, drawing, photography, etc) that I didn't think I could really come up with a symbol that summed me up.  So I just started drawing a pattern and I liked it.  I went with bright yellow because it's such a happy (and loud) color and then colored her socks and dots blue because it's my favorite color.  I was debating the mane colors, so I asked my hubby what colors he thought represented me the best and he said "yellow, blue, and green."  Since I already had 2/3, I decided green would work great with the color scheme.  It also works with my love of the outdoors and it was the main color of my college.  Then I gave her a bow because I like G1 ponies the best and I made it pink because that was my favorite color when I was a kid (and has recently skyrocketed back to the top of my list and is tied with blue for my fav).

So I guess she wasn't really planned, I just doodled and she appeared.  :silly:

The hardest part was the name.  I would have named her Bubbles, but she already looks so much like Bubbles and I didn't want to use an existing name anyway.  I thought about Fizzy, but then realized there was already a Fizzy too (I was a brand-new baby collector when I created her).  I am pretty sure it was YourLittleHermione who suggested that I name her Effervescence or something based on that.  So I ended up with Vessa.  Which I later found out is Finnish for toilet.  *facepalm*  I debated changing it, but I am so awful with names that it wasn't worth it.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SecretGarden

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:47 AM »

Um... I started by playing with ponymaker but there just wasn't the right colours there so I printed out lots of copies on the lineart and started to coulor it in different ways - used all my fav clours like light blue and light purple, light pink, light green and so on - I love baby-colours so they represent me best. But they all came out to childish and unnatural, and not me so I decided she should be white, ´cous thats a natural horse colour and it's clean and allso repesent the graceful, elf-like side of me. Then I somehow wanted my absolute favorite colour pinkish purple and some colour which represent my hair colour cendre, which goes more blond in the summer, so I took baby yellow for that and allso threw in white agian not to make it to colourful. The name I gave her before the symbol - I love investegating ruins and forgotten cotteges and farms when I find any and the tree and swing comes from one of those places - there used to be a house that is taken down and now theres just signs of a garden with fruit trees, there is a root cellar and a really old broken wooden swing hanging from an old oaktree - the chains has eaven been "eaten up" by the branch they are hanging on.. it's such a beautiful place. But my tree is a big appletree representing my love for gardening, nature and in some way animils too. She originally is a G1 pony, an earth becouse of my down-to-earth personality and because I wanted a quite natural pony. Her eyes are a dark grayish green-turquoise colour just like my own eyes. And she has a light heaven blue bow because thats my top second fav colour and goes so perfectly with the pinkish purple. She has a lot of animals so some times she is seen with some rabbits or hens. I think thats all :P.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:18:21 AM by SecretGarden »

Offline Storm.Runner

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Berkshire Exmoors
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:17:33 AM »
My ponysona has two forms :)

Her true form is Stargazer - a pure white winged unicorn.

I've always adored winged unicorns and the fact that under anyone's skin there is magic and a special magic little being (that sounds extremely corny, didn't mean it to sound that way), but I couldn't fit any colours to her which I was happy with. Being pure white was almost like she was a blank slate - like no colours fit her, and that's sort of me as I can change depending on the situation - I can put on colours so to speak. Of course I also figured that her being pure white fitted in with my story too xD
She has brown eyes because my eyes are that colour, and her symbol is a crystal moon and stars cascading down her leg because I love the way the stars twinkle and shine. I've always loved the name Stargazer too, so she had a name.

Now her other form - which she uses for protection disguise purposes in my story, is that of Storm Runner.

She has wings in both forms - because I love to fly. She's tan and with white stripes and hind stockings because I've always loved stripes and stockings. She has the same brown eyes that Stargazer and I have (because they're the same pony xD) and her hair is brown because mine is too - with the yellow stripes as yellow is my favourite colour. She bears the symbol of a raging storm because I love storms - when there is one outside I'll run out or stick my head out the window and lie awake watching the lightning and the rain xD

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
Here's mine, Lilac:

He's a Flutter Pony because I really like the Flutter Ponies. He's blue because that's my favourite colour. His symbol is lilacs because A. The first six Flutter Ponies have flower symbols and I imagine those to be generally the case with Flutter Ponies and B. I was born in Idaho and have family there, and lilacs are the state flower.
should be perma-moderated

Offline TwistedRainbow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Rainbow Customs
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:38:54 AM »
its fun to see how these personas describe everyone, this is fun.
i want to see some more

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
What a great thread!  :D  I enjoyed reading about member personas. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »
@ZeldaTheSwordsman: A male flutter! How cool!

My persona Aithne is a sum of many of my interests. I have always loved unicorns, both MLP and all the versions of the mythological creature, so the breed/type was what I first decided on. (I never had any unicorn or pegasus ponies as a child which  has made me crazy about them, I guess. :lol:) Her colours are some of my favourite, earthy and autumny tones. Her sand coloured body and brown hair also reminded me of a real horse so I wanted to add some horse markings, hence the blaze and the dark legs. I think that's the primary reason for the eye colour, too, although they could represent my own eyes which are brown. In the end, her colours were easy to decide on, the symbol was much harder. After some doodlings I settled on this one, a small triquetra knot to represent my love for Celtic art and culture, and a cat for my love of cats and animals in general. No particular reason for choosing a black cat, black was just something that stood out the most without clashing with the pony's colours.

The most difficult part to come up with was her name. I'm very interested in Scottish Gaelic (I love languages and linguistics in general, and I'm really interested in the history and culture of Scotland) so I started to look for suitable Gaelic words, preferably beginning with "A" since that's my first initial. 'Aithne' means knowledge, and although I suppose it's more in the sense of acquaintance than scholarly knowledge, I thought it was suitable enough. And it's feminine, I didn't want to pick a word of the masculine or the neuter gender as my persona's name. ;)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
Wow, that's a cool story.

@ZeldaTheSwordsman: A male flutter! How cool!
Thanks.
should be perma-moderated

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
I love to see peoples personas - alas I am pretty boring so - points to avi - its just Baby Fifi for me :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 06:14:04 AM »
I had an arena member help me design the concept for my unicorn neon, I had tried and tried to make something that represented me but nothing worked. She originally had 4 socks, 2 hot pink and 2 lime green, that was about the only thing I changed, gave her 3 green socks and a cascading pattern of spots and stars down her display side leg.

The neon colours represent my favourite colours and my personality, she's a unicorn because I have a scar in the middle of my forehead right where a horn could be, she has twinkle eyes to represent that I am hard of hearing, stars because I love stars, the night sky and I am naturally nocturnal. She's an appaloosa because I think they are pretty, and im covered in freckles myself. She's the best representation of the true me, crazy and out there.

Her name is neon princess, cause I suck at names.

Her older sister was "created" years later by me and was a complete accident. She is a Pegasus, and is pretty much my more shy and quiet grown up side. You don't see her often because most people don't see that side of me often lol.

Offline Mapago

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 08:00:38 AM »
Mine is Violina, she's at my avatar and signature ^^
I chose bright colors as she's a tropical pony (I live in a tropical contry after all :P) but I got her colors a little washed to fit better among other ponies
I'm a designer, but I didn't want to make her around it, since that's kinda common ground, and since I know a little music I decided to use a different art. The violin is my favorite instrument to play and I just love the sound of it.
Originally she was an earth pony but I've loved the way the different pony races are pictured on FIM, and she fitted better as an unicorn, so I made her as a unicorn and updated her cutie mark.
I'm contantly changing, so I guess having an everchanging pony kinda works for me :P
Jusr for fun, here's my first custom of her with her original design:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal