collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Making a Nevada, but adding her boots with the fur?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Making a Nevada, but adding her boots with the fur?
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »
Lol, or as I've been told her "bell bottoms" :P

I decided to make a Nevada plush, so I've been getting materials together. I've bought some of this from Walmart just because of the cheapness and softness there.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ultra-Soft-Heavenly-Plush-Fabric-by-the-Yard-60-W/41005551#reviews

I know the reviews on there aren't great, but I figure the worst that can happen is I'll have to return it. It's soft and plush but not super soft and plush like fuzzy over the top if that makes sense? Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a regular Nevada plush and then a plush of her as unicorn Nevada with the pink highlights and such, so I've got pink and black. I need to do somethign for her big harry legs. I know faux fur is always an option, but doesn't it shed a ton? I want to do white fluffy legs for regular Nevada and then hot pink or soft pink ones for her unicorn version. I'm also toying with the idea of just making the furry legs like leg warmers I can slip up and making the horn on a halter to take on and off and just make one plush. I guess it depends on if the fabric holds up. Anyway, ideas on good "fluffy" material to use for her legs that doesn't shed everywhere? I'm trying to avoid the tons of shedding that comes with certain materials.
Thanks!

Lol you can tell it's crafting time with all the questions I have lately. :P
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Making a Nevada, but adding her boots with the fur?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 05:11:57 AM »
oh my, little furry leg warmers would be the cutest!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:21:40 AM »
If you get good quality faux fur it shouldn't shed too much. A friend of mine makes the most adorable hats and legwarmers and such, she made my cheshire cat ones in pink and purple and I've never had any issues with them shedding. The most important parts is to make sure when cutting to only scissor through the backing (or at least as much as possible) which will cut down on both fur loss while making the project and shedding that might occur afterwards.
Think your plushie sounds like she'll be adorable, please share pics of her when you get her sewn. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »
Yes faux fur shouldn't shed if you get a decent quality fur! (not jo anns) :) you can also use an exacto knife to cut through the backing only to keep it from shedding.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 03:08:32 AM »
The leg warmer idea sounds brilliant! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. ^.^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal