collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on dealing with ponies lost in the mail *UPDATE* Pony is being returned  (Read 563 times)

Offline TajazzleGlow

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
So I recently moved from Chicago to Seattle and changed my address and everything with the postal service. A pony I have been pining over for 2 yrs showed up on Etsy recently. For a good price too. At least in her price range. Cause everytime in the past I've seen her on Ebay or Etsy she's been well out of her price range or in a lot with other ponies and there was a bid war going on. So I was checking my tracking info today and it said "notice left". That can mean many things. Maybe the person didn't pay enough for shipping.  Or maybe cause my mailbox is so tiny they didn't want to just leave it sit out in the lobby. But what is worry some for me is I can't find a peach/pink slip anywhere that tells me what post office my package is being held at :/ It wasn't in my mailbox or anywhere in the lobby or outside. So I'm left wandering what do I do now?? Like how do I find out what Post Office my package is being held at? Since I can't find the peach/pink slip how would I even prove the package is even mine? Uggghhh I hate dealing with the Postal Service so much. I just wanted my pony..it would have been a nice pick me up cause I've been a bummer mood lately.  :cloud:

[moving to Trader Support ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]

*Update thank you all for the helpful advice! Unfortunately the next day the status was changed again to "undeliverable as addressed" And the post office couldn't tell me why of course. But it could have been the label was damaged in transit or my address wasn't written out correctly(missing apt#) etc. But they told me the pony is being returned to sender. I talked to the seller on Etsy and she seems nice and told me she would reship..if the pony comes back.

I'm just worried because this happened to me before..I bought a pony off of Ebay and the seller put the wrong zipcode but that was MY fault I had just moved to Chicago and couldn't remember my zipcode so my ebay profile had the wrong address. And the post office returned the package.The seller told me she would reship the pony but I never heard anything from her at all :(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:45:55 AM by BabySpicyMustard »
Formally known as "BabySpicyMustard"

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on dealing with ponies lost in the mail
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
I would give your local post office a call. They will probably ask you where you live so they can give you the right number to the right location. We here have a PO annex building where parcels that can not be delivered go.
If you do not have the slip, bring your State ID/driver's license with you so you can prove that's you. Be sure to have the tracking number, sender's name/addy written down if they need it to also track by.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »
HawaiianRain has some good advice.

Once I had a package not have my street address on it... so obviously, no slip. But tracking said it had been attempted delivery (no, because no street address). But I was sooo lucky, I went down to the post office in person and they checked the back for me. Showed them my ID, and that was proof enough. They kept it around for a few days because it was sent EMS and they figured I might showed up.

I guess put in your zipcode and the word post office in google, and it'll probably come up with the post office that your package might be at-- with the address, and zipcode. At least, that's where you could start. :) Or ask a neighbor? Or whomever is in charge of the place you are living at...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 02:54:53 AM »
Hawaiian Rain and Bandit have some great advice!

I hope you are able to get this sorted and your pony arrives home safely  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:03:39 AM »
This happened to me once. I waited almost two weeks for a package from ebay and finally contacted the seller asking where it was (they hadn't given me the tracking number even though they had got tracking on the box) The seller said tracking said it had been delivered over a week ago. So I went to my post office and asked if they had a package in my name even though I didn't have one of those slips. I showed them my ID and they found the package for me and I was able to pick it up :) Hope your find yorus!
My Wish List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 08:47:08 AM »
Yes- you definitely have an assigned post office-- go to https://www.usps.com/-  click the button "find locations" - enter your zip-  that is the one that you could go to.

You should call as soon as you can so they don't send your package back (I've had a couple of international packages now- where the post guy left the slip at the wrong address or not at all and I almost lost the package because they send it back after a a couple of weeks)

Oh and I agree with the above- once you sort out which post office is yours- you just need to bring your ID to the post office to claim your package-

Good luck! And welcome to Seattle! There are lots of pony people here :D  Hopefully you can join us at the Washington Pony Meet in August!

Offline TajazzleGlow

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:10:36 AM »
Yes- you definitely have an assigned post office-- go to https://www.usps.com/-  click the button "find locations" - enter your zip-  that is the one that you could go to.

You should call as soon as you can so they don't send your package back (I've had a couple of international packages now- where the post guy left the slip at the wrong address or not at all and I almost lost the package because they send it back after a a couple of weeks)

Oh and I agree with the above- once you sort out which post office is yours- you just need to bring your ID to the post office to claim your package-

Good luck! And welcome to Seattle! There are lots of pony people here :D  Hopefully you can join us at the Washington Pony Meet in August!

Omgosh I totally want to go to a pony meet! I'll keep my eyes peeled for further details  :happy:
Formally known as "BabySpicyMustard"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal