collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice needed! My first sorta shady seller on Ebay (not pony related)  (Read 1300 times)

all4fun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Advice needed! My first sorta shady seller on Ebay (not pony related)
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »
I just want to add some information having talked with ebay about just this very thing.  Ebay(Paypal) does not hold funds due to feedback not being left.  They hold the funds until they have proof the item was delivered.  Secondly, they want to see that a case was not filed within I think it is 3 days of delivery.  If a case is opened against a seller then the funds will be held until the case is resolved.  If a case is not opened against a seller and tracking shows delivery, then funds are released after a waiting period of three days. Don't quote me on the waiting period as I might have it wrong.  This is also only for new sellers. 

Thanks for this info :) I was confused, and thought that if I left feedback after getting my item for the seller they would get their funds-I must have misread what I found searching.. I had to google about this funds hold for new sellers thing because I did not know they did that!

So, I take it you are returning the lot OP? Is that why you opened a case to try and get it all settled and get your refund as soon as he gets it?

I don't know what's going on with this guy. I don't like how he asked you to mark it as received. How could he mess up so many figures as well?

Yes, I have opened a case as SNAD to return the item to the seller. It's been over 24 hrs and no response from the seller yet. I didn't like the badgering to mark the item as received either. I really wanted to give the benefit of the doubt but I had a feeling...and I don't usually buy from folks less than 10 feedback as a seller but gambled this time. And I probably won't again sadly!

Thanks again everybody...I feel a lot less anxious about this now. I hope to have good news soon :)

all4fun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »
Well, the seller responded. I could not understand everything being said-there were many typos. Basically the gist was, the seller claims the auction was for "random" figures. They are willing to partially refund me (and by this they mean a $15 refund) because I did not get the figures I wanted. (Their words). Then they said something else, which I think they were trying to say if I wanted to return other figures they would partially refund me for that.

I responded with the fact that the auction did not state that the figures in the picture were not/may not be included and again asked to return for a full refund. Their response was to escalate the case to ebay.

So I'm out of sorts here, and worried. I feel like I've been ripped off by a bait and switch type of deal. And the whole thing has really turned me off of buying on ebay at all anymore-I wish everyone were are cool as you guys here in the arena!

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 12:01:33 AM »
Could you post a link to the auction in question so we could look at it and see what the wording was? DO NOT say anything about feedback, even if its good, or innocent. By mentioning feedback in any way it could used against you as feedback extortion. I just went through this mysef, I have talked to a few ebay reps about that alone. I wish you the best of luck, not everyone on ebay are scammers and jerks. :)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 02:33:27 AM »
Open a case, that sounds like they deliberately listed the items with a different picture, its like selling a regular flat foot pony but using a picture of a piggy pony to jack up the price. It's NOT the same thing, so don't use the pic.

I had a similar experience years ago with a seller, I purchased a care bear, and what was in the picture was totally different to what I got in the mail. It was the same "bear" but a different type (friend bear, but not the one pictured) which I had a hard time explaining to the seller wasn't on. I wound up getting a refund because it wasn't as described, the seller did agree though, didn't bother stuffing me around.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal