collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beanie Babies value?  (Read 913 times)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
Beanie Babies value?
« on: November 13, 2022, 01:22:00 PM »
I'm so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong subforum.
My entire household has caught the decluttering bug, and while going through our things, my stepmom came across some of her old Beanie Babies. She doesn't have an eBay herself, so she's asked me to sell them for her. Problem is, trying to determine their value is making me lose my mind. Almost all of them seem to range from just a few dollars to hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. I know next to nothing about Beanie Babies, so I was hoping someone here could either help me figure out their value or point me somewhere else I could ask. The ones I have are:

• Spangle w/ pink face (1999)
  • Princess Diana (missing her tag)
  • Fuzz (1998)
  • Lips (1999)
  • Halo (1998)
  • USA (2000)
  • Silver (1999)
  • Pounce (1997)
  • Maple the Bear (Teenie)

All of them seem to be in near-perfect condition, and some even still have the protective plastic on their tags.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Beanie Babies value?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 06:27:03 PM »
From what I remember from back in the day when I collected them, none of those are particularly rare.  I've seen most of them at thrift stores around here for about $1 each (which is what they price all their beanies for).  The people putting them on for thousands of dollars probably read a clickbait article that said their beanies were worth a ton of money, not paying attention to the fact that it is specific beanies, usually with a flaw like the misspelled Millennium bear (Milenium) or the bears that were distributed to top company reps only, so there are only about 5 of them in existence.  If you have a factory flawed beanie it would be better to have it appraised in order to get the most out of it, just like with ponies.  I think there was a Princess Diana bear that had different "beans" so that might be worth looking up to see if it's yours but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, especially where the hangtag is missing.   Though if any are missing their tushtags that will drive their value down even more. Your Teenie of Maple isn't as sought after as the regular or buddy sized of Maple since it was available at every McDonald's in the US and not a country exclusive like its counterparts.

If you're going to put them on eBay, maybe list them as a lot with a low starting price and see if they go.  If any are actually hard to find right now then the price will go up on its own.  (At least, that's what I'd do.)

Good luck!

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 09:43:04 AM »
Is Silver a cat?  :blush:
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 10:19:36 AM »
From what I remember from back in the day when I collected them, none of those are particularly rare.  I've seen most of them at thrift stores around here for about $1 each (which is what they price all their beanies for).  The people putting them on for thousands of dollars probably read a clickbait article that said their beanies were worth a ton of money, not paying attention to the fact that it is specific beanies, usually with a flaw like the misspelled Millennium bear (Milenium) or the bears that were distributed to top company reps only, so there are only about 5 of them in existence.  If you have a factory flawed beanie it would be better to have it appraised in order to get the most out of it, just like with ponies.  I think there was a Princess Diana bear that had different "beans" so that might be worth looking up to see if it's yours but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, especially where the hangtag is missing.   Though if any are missing their tushtags that will drive their value down even more. Your Teenie of Maple isn't as sought after as the regular or buddy sized of Maple since it was available at every McDonald's in the US and not a country exclusive like its counterparts.

If you're going to put them on eBay, maybe list them as a lot with a low starting price and see if they go.  If any are actually hard to find right now then the price will go up on its own.  (At least, that's what I'd do.)

Good luck!
Thank you, that's really helpful!

Yes, she is. :)

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 10:47:56 AM »
Nothing. :) Hope this helps!

I agree listing them for dirt cheap plus shipping as an auction is probably best, but I'd honestly just donate them outright.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 09:27:05 AM »

Yes, she is. :)
[/quote] I actually have her!
Rainlove