collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139481 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #390 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »
i have a million DH colors and none of them look right. i am going to try katsilk from Restoredoll....i think...

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 29, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »
Ugh I was about to go check TRU for the werecats, but my car died down the street now I don't know when it's going to be back from the shop =/ man I know they'll be snatched up if my local TRU has em

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #392 on: February 29, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »
i have a million DH colors and none of them look right. i am going to try katsilk from Restoredoll....i think...

If you manage to find a match, let us know, but I'm pretty sure it's all the same stuff, just under a different name. Could be wrong though.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #393 on: February 29, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
WW - I can't help you there, but I think back when she was first released, someone on LJ used a sharpie to color in the yellow. I can't vouch for the non-bleedingness of a sharpie (in fact it made me wtf o.O' a little). I get tired of the electric yellow and not just on Lala. Cleo and Clawdeen have been victemized by it as well.
If I could sew, hypothetically, I could remove the velcro, detach the shirt from the skirt, dye the skirt and then wash it with that special detergent that absorbs bleeding dye and then put the dress back together. :/

EmoKuu

« Reply #394 on: February 29, 2012, 03:04:44 PM »
I think I've misplaced my Spectra's fashion pack necklace. I remember I didn't like it with the outfit and I put it somewhere but I don't remember where I might have put it.

Her fashion pack does not come with a necklace.   Spectra herself does, the one that looks like chains.  But there is no necklace in the fashion pack.   ;)

Oh! Thanks! I guess my mind is terrorizing me then. :P Better to never have owned than lost!

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #395 on: February 29, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »
WW - I can't help you there, but I think back when she was first released, someone on LJ used a sharpie to color in the yellow. I can't vouch for the non-bleedingness of a sharpie (in fact it made me wtf o.O' a little). I get tired of the electric yellow and not just on Lala. Cleo and Clawdeen have been victemized by it as well.
If I could sew, hypothetically, I could remove the velcro, detach the shirt from the skirt, dye the skirt and then wash it with that special detergent that absorbs bleeding dye and then put the dress back together. :/

Haha, that's a lot of work, even for someone who can sew!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 29, 2012, 03:09:58 PM »
Ewww- I just looked up the dress you guys are talking about- it's not even a pretty yellow! Are they pretending it's gold? ROFL Eek.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

toralei

« Reply #397 on: February 29, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
 :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

I'm really disappointed in the price gouging retailers are doing on MH dolls as of late. Amazon has bumped up signatures to $22, the killer style dolls to $16 ( :shocked: ), and Skull Shores for either $18 or $19 (I haven't seen them in stock lately, though). TRU has signatures going for $25 now... These dolls are hard enough to find as it is. I think it's a testament to how much I like them that I'm sticking with them, though.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #398 on: February 29, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

Haha, that's a lot of work, even for someone who can sew!
I guess. >.<
I think I'd rather cut the shirt out and commission a similar shirt since mine doesn't have the hearts and the cuffs and neck bow are white. *sigh* Someday I'll get around to it.

AllIsLove

« Reply #399 on: February 29, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »
For anyone who was considering ordering CAM torsos from the Australian Etsy seller (am I allowed to say her name? I've noticed no one uses seller names so I'm not using her name to avoid getting into trouble.  :shocked: ) - I received my sea monster torso today, and I put a few natural light pictures of it up on my Flickr acc. http://www.flickr.com/photos/natashahoar/

The front is fantastic - flawless. The back has a few irregularities, but the seller does state in her listing that because the item is hand cast, this will occur (but she'll make every effort to keep the issues to the non-display side). The legs and head fit in/on great, but the arms pop out of their sockets while rotating them backwards/forwards (in other words, if the torso is for a little CAM fan, you might want to tell them to be careful). Flaws on the back are visible when the doll is dressed in her CAM outfit (off shoulder shirt and tentacle skirt). However, she looks great from the front and sides. :) As far as color matching goes, the torso is slighty more grey than my CAM parts, but I'm not in the least bit worried as my CAM parts don't match 100% either! (The upper limbs are slightly more blue than the lower limbs.) Overall, a good buy.

Post Merge: February 29, 2012, 03:22:01 PM

:cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

I'm really disappointed in the price gouging retailers are doing on MH dolls as of late. Amazon has bumped up signatures to $22, the killer style dolls to $16 ( :shocked: ), and Skull Shores for either $18 or $19 (I haven't seen them in stock lately, though). TRU has signatures going for $25 now... These dolls are hard enough to find as it is. I think it's a testament to how much I like them that I'm sticking with them, though.
Don't feel too bad - those are still cheeper than the Canadian in-store prices, and our dollar is supposed to be on par with the US. (Except for the SS dolls prices - I'm pretty sure I saw them for $16 somewhere.)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:22:01 PM by AllIsLove »

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #400 on: February 29, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »
Ewww- I just looked up the dress you guys are talking about- it's not even a pretty yellow! Are they pretending it's gold? ROFL Eek.
Nope, its pretty much just yellow

Goodluck with whatever you end up doing wickedwonderland

Rococo

« Reply #401 on: February 29, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
Wow, that hand-cast torso is pretty amazing, actually!

And ahh, that beautiful Classroom Draculaura that just must be made someday (with that exact same hairstyle, mind you)! Just going by that costume design she would be either my favorite or second favorite Draculaura (absolute favorite of the moment being SS Lala--her face is pure beauty).

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:06 PM »
the hotpink/electric yellow combo had to go
I couldn't agree more. Who the heck thought yellow went with pink? -___-;

UM....Are we forgetting the lovely, gorgeous, GODLIKE RED ROSES?!?!?! *has somewhat of a massive heart attack*

Jupi: Did you rehair where the bangs were, or did you just rip them out? I don't see any empty plug holes...

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #403 on: February 29, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »
tuney, i pretty much just ripped them out...there are missing plugs, but for now its styled to hide it.
I will be ordering some hair from restoredoll tonight, that I'm told is a match

also, mail came!! now if only SDCC Ghoulia wasn't so bloody expensive *huff*

but look at them :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 29, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »
Yellow and pink are fine when they are pastel shades but not when they are both neon shades.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal