collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139488 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »
Anyone happen to have a pic of Abbey in Spectra's fashion pack outfit (with or without the scarf or whatever it's called)?

No, but I can take one for you since I have Abbey & Spectra's Fashion pack!   Let me see if I can get a decent one for you..  Be back in a little while!!

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »
Anyone happen to have a pic of Abbey in Spectra's fashion pack outfit (with or without the scarf or whatever it's called)?

No, but I can take one for you since I have Abbey & Spectra's Fashion pack!   Let me see if I can get a decent one for you..  Be back in a little while!!
Great! Thanks! :biggrin:
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
I'm watching the youtube station themonsterhighdolls, where this girl deboxes each doll and gives you a great idea of what to expect. So fun to watch!

Post Merge: February 28, 2012, 04:27:55 PM

P.S. I just realized that in regards to Dracualaura's name, when I say her name aloud, I find myself saying DracuLARA! I rather like Lara!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:27:55 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »
Here we go!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here is one of the full outfit, including Spectra's necklace.

And here is one without the scarf & sunglasses so you can see her face.  ;)

--- 

Hope you like them!  It is dark outside now, so lighting isn't the best in the world with my table lamp.  :P

And you know, I never really liked any dolls before.  But these MH dolls are addictive!   It's kind of like MLP meets Barbie, but 20% cooler.  he he he!!

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »
That dress looks actually quite good on her. Thanks! :lol:
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
Your welcome!   Spectra & Abbey seem to be able to swap clothes quite well.  For example, Spectra looks super in SS Abbey's swimsuit.  She is pictured in it a few pages back.  ;)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »

Personally, I don't care what people use, as long as it makes sense in some context. I'd be entirely confused if someone started referring to Frankie as Mary, or Clawdeen as Janet.

I'm totally going to start calling Clawdeen "Janet" :lmao:

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »
I got my Kmart.com order today. Of course it was wrong. I got my 3 1600 gals but instead of Cleo 2.0 I got Operetta.  :blink: I think I'll just keep her and exchange her for a doll I don't have later. Or if anyone wants to trade for a doll I don't have... pm me. I'm missing any wave 1 or wave 2 (except Frankie). ;)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2012, 06:07:55 PM »
Your welcome!   Spectra & Abbey seem to be able to swap clothes quite well.  For example, Spectra looks super in SS Abbey's swimsuit.  She is pictured in it a few pages back.  ;)

They really do have complimentary color schemes, especially in their non-basic clothing! I've been planning to put my SS Abbey in Spectra's fashion pack for a while, it just hasn't arrived yet. Not too into the bathing suit but I looove Spectra's new mini-dress! Now I have your pictures to tantalize me while I wait. X3

I totally blame Lisi Harrison for ruining the nickname intelligibility of both Draculaura and Lagoona. >.> I am liking Janet for Clawdeen. :P

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »
I've seen a few posts since I've frequented here about how there's "too many" Ghoulias.  IMO, she can't be released ENOUGH! X3  She is my absolute favorite and I really love her designs, how classy and timeless they often are.  Her styles are almost always my favorite out of any given line! 

Yes, there were three exclusive Ghoulias last year (Comic Con, Gloom Beach, Fearleading), but there were two exclusive Draculauras (DOTD, Fearleading).  I'm pretty sure that, over all, there are more releases of Draculaura than Ghoulia (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).  Ghoulia was the only one of the main six girls who didn't get a SO release (love at first bite is SO Draculaura), which was totally lame.  I don't know.  Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions and no one's is better than anyone else's, these are just my thoughts! :3

I think Draculaura's fashion and dolls are generally unappealing (ESPECIALLY if they put her in yellow!! ICK!) and kind of...boring.  The only two Draculauras I've liked so far are Skull Shores and DOTD, and that's saying a lot given how many stinking Draculauras there are!

Everywhere I go, I see leftover SS Ghoulias, too!!  Here are my thoughts on why:
I don't think that SS Ghoulia's design is "weak" or "ugly".  I think she's beautiful.  I'm overall really impressed with the SS dolls!  That being said, isn't SS Lagoona the first "more affordable" version of Lagoona that's been made? She didn't get a Gloom Beach release and her Dead Tired release was ridiculously expensive.  Maybe that is part of why her SS dolls are getting snapped up more often than Ghoulias?   I think the same can be said for SS Abbey.  She's MUCH more affordable than a signature Abbey right now (not to mention way easier to find..).  And Gill is unique to the SS line so far, so of course he's popular too.  And that leaves all the poor Ghoulias on the shelves.  Not because she isn't beautiful, but because she is the least desired out of all the others and there have been other affordable versions of her put out before (DT). 

However, I am going to agree with everyone else here and say that they really should have swapped out Ghoulia for Draculaura instead!!  My Gill's eyes are a bit off and I want to get a new one sometime.  It's sad to hear that he's been replaced by Draculaura. :(
What exactly is in the case of the second set of SS dolls?  Like, how many of each character?

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
I've seen a few posts since I've frequented here about how there's "too many" Ghoulias.  IMO, she can't be released ENOUGH! X3  She is my absolute favorite and I really love her designs, how classy and timeless they often are.  Her styles are almost always my favorite out of any given line! 

Yes, there were three exclusive Ghoulias last year (Comic Con, Gloom Beach, Fearleading), but there were two exclusive Draculauras (DOTD, Fearleading).  I'm pretty sure that, over all, there are more releases of Draculaura than Ghoulia (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).  Ghoulia was the only one of the main six girls who didn't get a SO release (love at first bite is SO Draculaura), which was totally lame.  I don't know.  Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions and no one's is better than anyone else's, these are just my thoughts! :3

I think Draculaura's fashion and dolls are generally unappealing (ESPECIALLY if they put her in yellow!! ICK!) and kind of...boring.  The only two Draculauras I've liked so far are Skull Shores and DOTD, and that's saying a lot given how many stinking Draculauras there are!

Everywhere I go, I see leftover SS Ghoulias, too!!  Here are my thoughts on why:
I don't think that SS Ghoulia's design is "weak" or "ugly".  I think she's beautiful.  I'm overall really impressed with the SS dolls!  That being said, isn't SS Lagoona the first "more affordable" version of Lagoona that's been made? She didn't get a Gloom Beach release and her Dead Tired release was ridiculously expensive.  Maybe that is part of why her SS dolls are getting snapped up more often than Ghoulias?   I think the same can be said for SS Abbey.  She's MUCH more affordable than a signature Abbey right now (not to mention way easier to find..).  And Gill is unique to the SS line so far, so of course he's popular too.  And that leaves all the poor Ghoulias on the shelves.  Not because she isn't beautiful, but because she is the least desired out of all the others and there have been other affordable versions of her put out before (DT). 

However, I am going to agree with everyone else here and say that they really should have swapped out Ghoulia for Draculaura instead!!  My Gill's eyes are a bit off and I want to get a new one sometime.  It's sad to hear that he's been replaced by Draculaura. :(
What exactly is in the case of the second set of SS dolls?  Like, how many of each character?

While Lala is far from my favorite, I tend to prefer her to Ghoulia. So yes, different tastes :P And as of SS and 1600, Draculaura and Ghoulia are tied for releases. I don't think we've seen everything that will be out before the "fall" stuff hits, so time will tell.

Honestly, I don't want an overabundance of any character; I think Ghoulia's presence in EVERYTHING (to me anyway) is particularly grating because it seemed to be a reaction to her being popular with the fans. As much as I'd like to see more Abbey dolls, I'm liking how they've been using her. She's used to spice up the specials and a few webisodes, and we've gotten one other doll and a couple fashions. It makes me want her more, not groan whenever she shows up.

As far as whose in the second case of SS, I'm not sure yet. I found mine at Justice, and there were five Ghoulias and three Lalas on the shelf.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2012, 07:30:35 PM »
TS: totally agree with you on Draculaura. I only own DOTD...she's my favorite. However, I do have the original on the way. I find it really hard to like her!

On another note, original Frankie beat out two Lagoona's to steal Clawd 1600's heart. Hehehe

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »
While I like the new characters, I think I'd like them to slow down on adding new ones other than the ones that have been hinted at already like characters in the webisodes or diaries or ones that have been shown as prototypes. It is already impossible to include everyone in every wave. The only completely new characters I want to see would be a few siblings using the Nefera or Howleen bodies.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:12:31 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
SS Ghoulia is my favourite...  :lookround:
( the only one I really like apart from DotD)

However, I do think instead of releasing so many SS Ghoulias and Draculauras they should have done more of Gil and Lagoona, maybe even amounts of all the dolls.

I find that Draculaura is released too often, and I don't find her colour scheme as interesting as some of the other girls'.

But that's just me  ^.^

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »
Sigh...I've had Toralei for a few weeks and she is just not endearing herself to me. I love her outfit, but between the faulty stand, her problematic tail, and her character on the show I'm just not loving her. But I'm scared if I get rid of her I'll want her back! And I still haven't deboxed my Cupid.

These have been the ramblings of a MH collector.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal