collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139472 times)

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2012, 10:36:47 PM »
Rocchelles coming out in May,huh?Oooh,looks like I know my birthday present~
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2012, 11:25:46 PM »
Argh!  All the stores around here are *completely* cleaned out.  I don't think it's just Wal-mart's fault either, because the rest of the toy aisles are pretty well stocked.  So frustrating.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 03:01:58 AM »
Australians - I found a SS Lagoona today! She was one of two in a restock of about 20+ dolls at Kmart. I bought her simply because I haven't seen her here before, and we didn't get the 2.0 with pretty face-up. No sign of Gil, though.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 04:00:48 AM »
every time i see pics of these new girls i get excited all over again!!

LOVE Venus's colors....so much

So true....every time I see Rochelle and Venus I need them more! Mind you I wouldnt mind tracking down those Werecats first!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 04:39:31 AM »
Argh!  All the stores around here are *completely* cleaned out.  I don't think it's just Wal-mart's fault either, because the rest of the toy aisles are pretty well stocked.  So frustrating.

Same situation here.  Hardly anything.   :argh:
Been that way since Christmas!

-Em
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
I still would like to know what Gloom Beach Frankie looks like in the Skull Shores stock.

You'll get to see once she comes out! So soon!

Offline ponymonster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2012, 06:13:31 AM »
Has anyone re-dressed their Operetta? I want to see how she looks in outfits other than her stock! :lovey:

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 06:20:21 AM »
Has anyone re-dressed their Operetta? I want to see how she looks in outfits other than her stock! :lovey:

Ooh, I want to see here in pin-up rockabilly stuff. :D Like a 50's dress.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »
every time i see pics of these new girls i get excited all over again!!

LOVE Venus's colors....so much

I KNOW! The wait is killing me!!! And then will come the frustration stalking stores and not finding them.... >.<

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 07:00:49 AM »
This time around, I think I'm going to either preorder my dolls online, or order as soon as they're in stock online.

For those of you who buy your dolls this way, which sites do you recommend for the best price and shipping time? The only one I'm familiar with is angelicdreamz, but then I guess there is Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target as well. I just don't know which is best.

Oh, and I'm in desperate need of the original Clawd. If anyone is selling, PM me!

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2012, 07:17:45 AM »
This time around, I think I'm going to either preorder my dolls online, or order as soon as they're in stock online.

For those of you who buy your dolls this way, which sites do you recommend for the best price and shipping time? The only one I'm familiar with is angelicdreamz, but then I guess there is Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target as well. I just don't know which is best.

Oh, and I'm in desperate need of the original Clawd. If anyone is selling, PM me!

In my experience, TRU is  usually the first to offer the dolls online (not counting specialty shops like AD). However, their prices tend to be higher than Walmart and Target. They do ship quickly, and I haven't had any bad experiences.

Both Target and Walmart seem to take forever to get the dolls in stock online. Typically you'll see "not in stock, available in stores". Kmart always seems to have them in stock, but I've heard WAY too many bad stories about people getting the wrong stuff and not getting good customer service.

Really, the majority of my dolls have come from in-store purchases. I don't like paying shipping, and I like picking them out myself. But TRU is probably your best bet. They get the dolls in before most other retailers, they ship quickly, and even though they're higher priced than the other "normal retailers", they are usually cheaper than AD. I know you had a bad experience with Mattel, but I actually find them to be pretty good as well, other than the fact that their stock is limited.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »
I pre-ordered Operetta and Nefera from AD. Now I have ordered the cases from EE

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 07:47:11 AM »

Personally I would never go with Angelic Dreams, their prices are insane and shipping is heavy on top of it. Might as well buy from a scalper on Amazon at the point you're considering them, you'll probably get at least as good of a deal and free shipping too. (Edit: not to disrespect anyone who shops there! There is something to the possibility of pre-ordering. I simply would not shop there myself.)

I agree with everything Crimson said, Mattel is usually good, with fast shipping. If you managed to spend $50 they'll ship for free. They're more likely to get in a secondary line, playsets or plushes than any new basics though. Walmart and Target have good prices in theory but I've practically NEVER seen anything in stock there. TRU has inflated prices and a high limit to reach their free shipping ($75), but they're cheaper than AD or scalpers and are more likely to get new things in than Mattel, Walmart or Target.

Whenever possible, I go with Amazon. Amazon itself, mind you, not the third-party retailers. They'll start getting the new dolls in stock faster than Walmart or Target, and charge a lower price than TRU. You just have to be FAST. And check back often. When I know they're getting in shipments of the doll I want, (because I read someone else got her, or I just missed it myself) I refresh the page every time I think about it while I'm on the compy. Their stock is like that, going in and out really swiftly at random times of the night and day.

But it's how I got my Abbey, Toralei, Operetta, and Nefera. The only one of those I've ever seen in-store is Nef, and it was only one, once, at TRU, where she would have cost me more anyway.

Some things I did to make this easier is first, turn on "One Click Purchasing", or whatever they call it. I missed Operetta a few times just in the time it took to add her to cart and check-out. This removes that step, sets up your whole shipping and payment preferences in advance.

Then, I went ahead and got a year's subscription to Amazon Prime. It's a bit of an expense up front, but it makes everything sold by Amazon have free 2-day shipping. I figured it was worth it to me. I do enough shopping there to make-up the price of the subscription in what I would have paid for shipping, plus get my items quickly.

They also often offer free shipping on orders over $25. I'm not sure how you'd get this when buying a new MH doll, because you have to be faster than the time it takes to find another item to reach that limit. Perhaps if it was already in your cart.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:49:09 AM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 08:00:41 AM »
Thanks for the advice, guys ;)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:31 AM »
I still would like to know what Gloom Beach Frankie looks like in the Skull Shores stock.

You'll get to see once she comes out! So soon!

I forgot who it was but someone here already has her and said they would take a picture of their Gloom Beach Frankie wearing her stock in the old thread.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal