collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139489 times)

AllIsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »
Is there a tutorial on how to use a regular MH body and upper arms/legs for CAM add ons? I have a DotD Clawdeen with her head popped off (the top part of her neck, the triangle bit, is still in her head - ack!) and I was wondering if I could put the skeleton parts on it..? *hopeful*

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »
Oooh thanks for the new pics, Tuney! So Rochelle is going to be released in May! How exciting! I thought we wouldn't be seeing her until late Summer/Fall.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
*hopes for SS Frankie in April and Rochelle in May* I've never wanted spring to be here so fast :D

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
Is there a tutorial on how to use a regular MH body and upper arms/legs for CAM add ons? I have a DotD Clawdeen with her head popped off (the top part of her neck, the triangle bit, is still in her head - ack!) and I was wondering if I could put the skeleton parts on it..? *hopeful*

There is a tutorial (but I cannot for the life of me remember it, but I'll look) but I don't think it'll help you if the neck piece broke off in Clawdeen's head. You'll get the no-neck barbie look :s

eta: http://paintedplasticsmiles.blogspot.com/2012/01/tutorial-mh03-putting-kit-parts-on.html <-- tutorial; very fiddly
Also -- that used to be my 2.0 frankie XD I find that funny.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:47:50 PM by Ravie »

AllIsLove

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »

There is a tutorial (but I cannot for the life of me remember it, but I'll look) but I don't think it'll help you if the neck piece broke off in Clawdeen's head. You'll get the no-neck barbie look :s

eta: http://paintedplasticsmiles.blogspot.com/2012/01/tutorial-mh03-putting-kit-parts-on.html <-- tutorial; very fiddly
Also -- that used to be my 2.0 frankie XD I find that funny.

O.O Eep! You're right. Very fiddly! Thanks so much for the link - I really appreciate it. :D

Gah! I can see I'm going to have to buy another CAM starter. Grrrrr...

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »
All these pictures of SS Lala have me chomping at the bit to have her! I admit that I kind of have a special weakness for her more than the other girls because she was my first doll and always looks so adorable.  ^^; I am just hoping she does not turn out to be as hard to find as the second wave DotD girls.

And do not get me started on how badly I need Venus and Rochelle! I need them now or I shall explode, that happens to me sometimes. :P Robecca is growing on me, but I don't find myself as drawn to her as I am the other two and if it came down to her or standard Jackson he would totally win.

Since we are on the topic of stands my SS Ghoulia came with the neon green one, which I am not too fond of. So if someone wants to trade for me for her teal one I would be very happy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

karin_h

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
But it's closer than December! I'm gonna wager than Venus is released snack dab in the middle, July, but guess we'll see soon...
I wonder what dolls they'll release in December. Santa Frankie? Reindeer Cleo? Elf Deuce? xD

Thankfully Rochelle is coming in May! (She's the one I want the most)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »
But it's closer than December! I'm gonna wager than Venus is released snack dab in the middle, July, but guess we'll see soon...
I wonder what dolls they'll release in December. Santa Frankie? Reindeer Cleo? Elf Deuce? xD

Thankfully Rochelle is coming in May! (She's the one I want the most)

Bahaha I would be all OVER Santa Frankie! I love girly miniskirt Santa outfits. X3

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »
I wonder if Robot Chicken will ever do a Monster High parody using the actual dolls? lol that would be funny.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
P.S. I don't recall seeing these photos posted yet. A lil blurry, but still...

Post Merge: February 23, 2012, 07:14:15 PM

And not sure if this was covered already, but Mattel gave release dates for Robecca and Rochelle on the FB page:

"New student Robecca Steam is gaining popularity with every monstrous tick of the clock! I’m dying to see what scary-cool tricks she has up her mechanical sleeve. Rumor has it you’ll be able to find her in stores at the end of August!"

"Monsters are falling fangs over paws for new ghoul Rochelle Goyle. She’s building friendships quicker than Clawdeen changes hair colors! Look for her in stores towards the end of May!"

AAAAHHHH
The more I see of them,he more I love them!I don't like how many stock photos don't show Rochelle's speckled skin,however.
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
every time i see pics of these new girls i get excited all over again!!

LOVE Venus's colors....so much

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »
I know right?! Geeze I really want them right now!!! If rochelle is going to be the first to come out, that means I'm gonna have to start saving until May. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 10:20:42 PM »
cute pics!! I am glad they are spreading them out a bit. It will give me some time  to save up some$$ for them :) so many of the new dolls i want .

Not to mention we don't even know yet what sdcc has in store!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »
I still would like to know what Gloom Beach Frankie looks like in the Skull Shores stock.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »
All these pictures of SS Lala have me chomping at the bit to have her! I admit that I kind of have a special weakness for her more than the other girls because she was my first doll and always looks so adorable.  ^^; I am just hoping she does not turn out to be as hard to find as the second wave DotD girls.

And do not get me started on how badly I need Venus and Rochelle! I need them now or I shall explode, that happens to me sometimes. :P Robecca is growing on me, but I don't find myself as drawn to her as I am the other two and if it came down to her or standard Jackson he would totally win.

Since we are on the topic of stands my SS Ghoulia came with the neon green one, which I am not too fond of. So if someone wants to trade for me for her teal one I would be very happy.

I think the only one from SS in danger of becoming like the DotD 2 is Gil. He was swapped out to make room for Lala. And a lot of people (myself included) have been finding her in the last week, so the cases including her seem to be hitting shelves now.

My initial thought on Venus' release date was that she'd be in the same case as Robecca. That might still be the case (no pun intended), but I'm curious as to why that wasn't mentioned on the FB page. I'd love for her to come earlier, since she's the newbie I'm most excited for.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal