collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139478 times)

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #1080 on: March 17, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
Darn, I really wish I didn't miss SS Frankie through Walmart this morning. Oh well, I'm going to poke around later and see what I can find locally. :)

Just thought I'd let people know that the Werecat Twins are now being offered through the Store Pickup method at TRU:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12422951&prodFindSrc=rv

It's saying my store isn't carrying them, which is a crock, considering I've already purchased them there.

hmm says ot of stock or not carried at my store too... i  have checked my store and i haven't seen them there yet and there is NO sticker for them.. when i asked  the employee about them they couldn't find them in the system.

soo i wonder are all the tru's getting the twins or  only some of them? 

i am going to keep looking.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 17, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »
Emokuu- I totally understand that feeling. I was in a mad rush to get dolls myself, which was fine because I saved money in the long run and it totally worked in my favor at the end. But now I need to find them clothing or learn how to sew myself. I saw on a website or forum *unsure* of a gal who printed dresses on fabric and dressed her MH. I might see how that works, might be less expensive or more- dunno. Its the shoes that are the real kickers, clothing is pretty much a tuck or a pinch with Bratz or similar doll clothes. But the shoes... blah!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1082 on: March 17, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
group pic of my scream spirit ghouls
I still need more packs and dolls though :\ i need like 5 deuce packs alone >.< always more pressing things though

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 17, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
I used to enjoy the hunt...but since dolls are so scare I feel like I have to wake up at the crack of dawn just to have a shot of a chance at beating the scalpers(demons).

Not fun.

Especially the TRU exclusives. I mean, what do I have to do? Go in at opening time every single day and look like some kind of weirdo freak whilst doing so?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »
I have found some older packs lately. The Clawd/Draculaura set and DT Howleen with the bunkbed have been found lately.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 17, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »
group pic of my scream spirit ghouls
I still need more packs and dolls though :\ i need like 5 deuce packs alone >.< always more pressing things though

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, the sea monster is so lovvvveeeellllyy!!!!!!

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 17, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
Ravie, your dolls are beautiful! The more I see the fearleading outfits, the more I think I want them. Your sea monster is quite lovely, her hair reminds me of sea foam shimmering in the sun. What torso did you use on her? It doesn't look so bad with the hue of her other parts.

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1087 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
thank you, tuneful :D

@Psivampyr - she's using the werewolf girl torso until i get one that matches her better...if I ever can. I don't have a suitable work area or money to experiment with casting my own.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 17, 2012, 09:19:35 PM »
It really doesn't look bad though in the pic :) If I could figure out how to do casting I would totally try it.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »
I'm in the process of getting a sea monster rehaired in pink, and I may be getting another in black. hehe. Dear lord, I need a new display cabinet for these gals!

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1090 on: March 17, 2012, 09:33:04 PM »
I'm getting pretty discouraged too, PrincessNikki. 90% of the time I go to any store the MH section is absolutely barren. I try to watch for people mentioning restock days on here because I'm tired of wasting gas driving around.

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1091 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »
It really doesn't look bad though in the pic :) If I could figure out how to do casting I would totally try it.

it doesn't look bad in person. They both have the same sort of shimmer and appear to be in the same hue or shade range, just different colors. Casting just isn't an option right now

I'm in the process of getting a sea monster rehaired in pink, and I may be getting another in black. hehe. Dear lord, I need a new display cabinet for these gals!

lol, they can get addictive. I already ordered another sea monster myself (had to clear out my pp so i figured, why not!) and want a couple more werewolf girls, and the three eyed girl and possibly the catgirl and the gargoyle boy and probably the puma boy x.X these things really aren't cheaper than regular releases at all.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 17, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
Honestly, Ravie, these CAM cost twice to three times the amount of a regular release in the end! First you've got to buy the head and limbs, then get a torso (the custom colored ones run really expensive), and then you have to commission someone to rehair the thing! Sure, you get your own custom doll in the end, but it's SOOO much time, work, and money!

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1093 on: March 17, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »
yep. pricey...but fun! they kind of call to mind what i liked so much about pullips ^^; and trust me...limbs + hair +torso still doesn't anywhere come near pullip + obitsu + wig + eyechips so I'm not complaining too mcuh

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1094 on: March 17, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »
yep. pricey...but fun! they kind of call to mind what i liked so much about pullips ^^; and trust me...limbs + hair +torso still doesn't anywhere come near pullip + obitsu + wig + eyechips so I'm not complaining too mcuh

Sooooo true! Even custom MH are so much cheaper than pullips...which might be why the MH girls are taking over my collection :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal