collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139468 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #990 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »
oh my...so much catching up to do

on the MH front, my stepdaughter (8) made out like a bandit when she was with us. She got the CAM dragon/wolf set, 1600 Clawdeen, SS Abby and the Twins! ( I was so excited to spot them....she now says she neeeeds Toralei, lol)

and while playing, her mess has a large radius...so her little sister ended up playing too :lol: omnomnom
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 15, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »
Aww that's such a cute backstory for Toralei! Now I HAVE to find the Werecat Twins set!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 15, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
Toralei is so cuuuute as a baby^^ i wont mind to have a plush version of her :3

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 15, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
I have been wondering about this myself.  Has Mattel come out and said anything about why there are no dolls to be had?

Not as far as I know, but then I'm not on the LJ or any other MH boards, so I don't know if there are rumors out there. Crimson, do you know if your Target has a hard time getting the dolls? I've been reading the complaints on the thread about doll fads, and it's amazing to me that it hasn't been addressed by mattel. Are stores only getting in one case every two weeks or something? I just don't get it at all. It seems that some Walmarts never got any Cupids, and there won't be any more coming in later? Whole displays go up, just to sit empty a week later, and then gradually the shelves are filled with other toys. Aren't store managers upset about this? I'm so excited about Rochelle and Venus, but I'm absolutely DREADING the thought of tracking them down.

Mine is the smallest Target in the area, so sometimes we don't get product (in general, not just MH) as regularly as some of the other local Targets. But lately we seem to be getting in at least a case of the signatures (Operetta, Nefera, Toralei, Cleo) and usually some 1600s.

I'll be honest, until right after the holidays, they had a decent stock, even if it wasn't always what I was looking for. And my local TRU seems to keep a decent stock as well. Of course, the hot characters move pretty quickly, but I still see more than just the wigs and sticker books on the shelves.

It's hard to say what specifically creates "dolly droughts", but I'd say scalpers play a big role. Also, this is not toy season, so stores other than TRU are not ordering mass quantities. Up until the holidays, there were tons of some lines just lying around long past their due date, like GB and the first wave of DotD. I suspect some places are taking it easy on ordering large quantities of each case, to gauge what sells the best.

I do think production is part of the problem, and I know Garrett Sanders (creator and head designer for the line) said that they would be ramping up production. However, I don't want it bumped up so high that QC drops. I'd rather hunt a little longer for dolls that look decent instead of finding them everywhere, but all of them looking like they went through a war. These particular dolls fall right between collector pieces and playline, and I think too much mass producing could take away the detailing that makes them so great. I mean, almost every character has a different headmold, unique coloring and distinctive clothes. There aren't any other lines that combine that along with the level of articulation the dolls have; at least not in playline.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #994 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

I do think production is part of the problem, and I know Garrett Sanders (creator and head designer for the line) said that they would be ramping up production. However, I don't want it bumped up so high that QC drops. I'd rather hunt a little longer for dolls that look decent instead of finding them everywhere, but all of them looking like they went through a war. These particular dolls fall right between collector pieces and playline, and I think too much mass producing could take away the detailing that makes them so great. I mean, almost every character has a different headmold, unique coloring and distinctive clothes. There aren't any other lines that combine that along with the level of articulation the dolls have; at least not in playline.

I have to agree here -- the amazing details and being on the border of collector/playline is so much of the appeal of the MH. I have a collection, and my stepdaughter has a collection she plays with. I would hate to see QC drop....and part of collecting if the thrill of the hunt, right? so it takes longer to find them, at least you know they are awesome when you finally do get them.
at this point I am hunting for 2 collections :lol:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 15, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »

I have to agree here -- the amazing details and being on the border of collector/playline is so much of the appeal of the MH. I have a collection, and my stepdaughter has a collection she plays with. I would hate to see QC drop....and part of collecting if the thrill of the hunt, right? so it takes longer to find them, at least you know they are awesome when you finally do get them.

LOL, that's like me. I'm hunting for me and for my friend's kids!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 15, 2012, 04:30:36 PM »

I agree with you both. That's how i am too, I'd rather take the chances of running into empty shelves that might have a couple dolls with the perfect/best makeup than having to pick one by one through a bunch of dolls with less than decent makeup making a mess to find the perfect one. "The thrill of the hunt" is what I enjoy in collecting the MH dolls (as well as the dolls too, duh XP lol). If they don't have it at the store, whats the worst that'll happen? I come home empty handed and then mope about it for a little here then wait till the next search trip.

Then there are times when you get really frustrated after looking for a week or month straight and still nothing, sometimes the thrill becomes a frustration. Which I'm sure most of us had dealt with. *raises hand* I know I have.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 15, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
I watched the webisode, but I noticed they forgot to give the girls tails... Oh and has anyone noticed they kinda resemble Pizazz and The Misfits? She was always trying to be "top dog", always scheming against the good guys, but she had a soft spot. I really love the webisodes and how they give life to our guys and ghouls.
As for the thrill of the hunt, yea it's exciting even if the shelves are empty.

Post Merge: March 15, 2012, 05:01:33 PM

If someone is seperating Clawdeen and Howleen, how much for just Clawdeen? I am looking for just Clawdeen.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:01:33 PM by Psivampyr »

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #998 on: March 15, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
haha, a JatH reference. And I just got finished tweeting that I was resisting the urge to name my Big Sis Clawdeen Shana (it's the purple fro) XD

I paid $14 shipped for mine, but I've seen people ask as much as 17+ shipping for her. Good luck finding her, I know a lot of people are just wanting Howleen.

(I need my own pack, it was kinda weird to get my '2nd' Clawdeen before my '1st' XD)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 15, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
I could see Frankie being Kimber. I love watching Jem on the Hub channel, so glad it's on tv and can show girls what a real cartoon is and good role models. Not this fart burp bs they got on todays tv.

karin_h

« Reply #1000 on: March 15, 2012, 05:40:52 PM »
I watched the webisode, but I noticed they forgot to give the girls tails...

I noticed this too, so I went back a few episodes, they don't have tails in any of the ones I saw.

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1001 on: March 15, 2012, 05:54:59 PM »
Did Mattel Change the Wear Cat Twins Names?

in the webisode it called one Purrrstephanie and Meowlody I've always though it was pronounced Per-se-phone

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 15, 2012, 06:01:35 PM »
I think its the same.  Purrsephone Based on Persephone. Per-Seph-oh-knee. That's how I pronounce it.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1003 on: March 15, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
I think its the same.  Purrsephone Based on Persephone. Per-Seph-oh-knee. That's how I pronounce it.

Thank you very much for the clarification. :D
I was very confused and like YUCK! when i read their names the first time.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

MissSleepless

« Reply #1004 on: March 15, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »
N'awh that webisode was cute. :)

Not really that fond of the twins to be honest, not sure why either. I was certain I'd love them :/

But I'm a little relieved, keeps me in my toy budget! xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal