collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139397 times)

AllIsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #885 on: March 13, 2012, 09:05:40 AM »
Ooooh, after looking at that clip I hope we're getting a Skull Shores Clawdeen and Cleo! *Hopefully NOT in a Target combo-pack*

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
Do you ever come back to a doll and suddenly fall in love with it! I am currently experiencing this with Clawdeen from the Werewolf Sister pack...just didnt like her, then decided I liked her enough to keep her and then today I was just "I really really like you" lol!

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

creampuf

« Reply #887 on: March 13, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
Ooooh, after looking at that clip I hope we're getting a Skull Shores Clawdeen and Cleo! *Hopefully NOT in a Target combo-pack*

The Clawdeen reminded me of the one from the sister set...but that could have just been the hair.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 13, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »
I am like that with SS Ghoulia I wasn't really interested in her, but she was the only one that TRU had at the time aside a Eek-a-nomics Frankie. They weren't the dolls I wanted, but my husband told me if it was what was at the store, I needed to get them or I would regret it. I keep looking at here when I pass by and if I could just do something with her bangs, I would love her even more.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 13, 2012, 09:26:59 AM »
Is anyone else really stressed out by this collection? With ponies, I feel like if I miss one that I really want, it won't be that difficult or expensive to get her later on. But man...if I miss a MH doll, there's no way I'm going to get away with paying retail after they're out of stores. And I only have 2 girls I'm searching for atm! I can't imagine being a completionist collector with MH dolls. It would seriously drive me bonkers.

That said...if anyone has a Howleen they would be willing to sell me for cost, please let me know  :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 13, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
okapishomapi- I totally feel the same way. But luckily for us we have this great pony community who can help us, and we can help them. Working together makes it a even better experience in collecting in the first place. I didn't collect BeGoth dolls when they were in stores and now, the ones I have wanted are really jacked up in price. I am trying not to let that happen with the MH dolls. I originally only wanted to collect the base girls- Drac, Frankie and Clawdeen and Lagoona. But now I am drawn to the others and want them too. But I am trying hard to just stick with one of each girl- no variations and doubles of one character. But since most of my girls are nude when I get them, that adds to what I need to buy- clothing and shoes. But I am not picky about what they are wearing as long as they look cute. But yes it gets very frustrating to know that there are dolls that you want and you google only to find tons and TONS of that doll being butchered by aweful custom jobs, or a person with 3 of them just because they can, or ebay having that said doll priced as much as a monthly rent payment.

Post Merge: March 13, 2012, 09:56:43 AM

Oh doh, I had a question and forgot to ask. Does anyone know if the MH purses we can use worth getting? I actually like the slouch bag and that one that looks like it's pleather with the lace ups. But are they made really cheaply, bad material and possibly fall apart after a month? I haven't seen any of them in real life, so I was wondering if anyone here has one they can tell me about the quality of the purses.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:56:43 AM by Psivampyr »

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 13, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »
The link just takes me to the Mattel index....when on the MH section, there's no video for the special (under TV specials)..... not sure what's going on....  :huh:

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 13, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
Cant wait to see the special^^ A SS Clawdeen should be awesome!

YellowCat

« Reply #893 on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:36 AM »
ALL the Target stores near me are out of stock of the Howleen/Clawdeen two pack now.

If anyone has any extras and is selling them for retail + shipping please PM me!

Novavelle

« Reply #894 on: March 13, 2012, 10:19:23 AM »
yeah, I feel like if it weren't for the arena, I wouldn't find half the dolls I wanted.... and if I were trying to get them all I'd be in so much trouble lol

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 13, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »
yeah, I feel like if it weren't for the arena, I wouldn't find half the dolls I wanted.... and if I were trying to get them all I'd be in so much trouble lol

Hehe, if it weren't for the arena I wouldn't have the dolls I have (yay, three).
And now I even want some of the one's I didn't like before (though I'm still iffy on Cleo, but I want a Frankie and Draculaura so bad now, just need the right one).

Just like I said I probably wouldn't get into the previous gens of MLP too eh?
Or back when I started watching FIM and said I wouldn't collect the toys.

Yeah, why am I surprised I started collecting Monster High. Yeek.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

AllIsLove

« Reply #896 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »
The link just takes me to the Mattel index....when on the MH section, there's no video for the special (under TV specials)..... not sure what's going on....  :huh:

Try opening the link in Firefox. (It does the same thing to me when I open it in Explorer. FF is the only way I know to get around it.)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 13, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »
Do you ever come back to a doll and suddenly fall in love with it! I am currently experiencing this with Clawdeen from the Werewolf Sister pack...just didnt like her, then decided I liked her enough to keep her and then today I was just "I really really like you" lol!

I kind of felt the same way about that Clawdeen. I liked her in promo pics, but once getting her the hair turned me off to her a bit. As with most of the curly-haired girls, it's a bit messy out of the box. This morning I woke up and got a better look at her and found that she's really growing on me. I'm currently in the process of boil-perming her hair, so I'll get to see what that looks like in a few days once it sets (she has so much hair!).

I also find that her outfit goes really well with the Clawdeen gift accessories that come with the Day at The Maul fashion pack (wrist glove, corset, and necklace). I've never found a proper use for them before, but they match the purple of this Clawdeen's hair and the gold of her earrings, shoes, and bracelets perfectly. Since her outfit is simple enough, they don't look like overkill and seem to complete her look.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 13, 2012, 10:29:38 AM »
MH is giving away 5 SS Frankie on their Twitter today. Follow and retweet by 6PM EST to enter! Open for US residents only.

RoaneFaery

« Reply #899 on: March 13, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »

Try opening the link in Firefox. (It does the same thing to me when I open it in Explorer. FF is the only way I know to get around it.)

When I open it there is a video with a caption below. At the end of the caption it says US only. It looks like both of you are in Canada which is why it isn't working for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal