collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 139483 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #855 on: March 12, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »
Phweeewy, I ended up snatching a SS Abby off the shelves today. Probably because I've been wanting an Abby and she's the only different thing outside of Nefera I've seen so far. DX

Maybe I'll find a way to get her signature outfit.

get her fashion pack!  that's what I did, and her hair in that side ponytail suits it very well :)

I might! Not right now, I shouldn't have bought the doll hehe, but when I can buy something again, I probably will. Sadly I haven't found her fashion pack. And I only found some of the fashion packs at TRU, and those are all Lala's. Though once I found several of Spectra's fashion pack...that just made me sad because I can't find her.

And I'm actually thinking about taking the ponytail down. >.> I don't quite like it. Though I'm sure if I hold onto the rubber band I can put it back up. :D

I DO aim to get the newer fashion pack of hers when it comes out too. For sure. :D

Signature Abbey is being re-released in the next wave, the one with Rochelle and Jackson. So you'll have a chance to get that outfit. Even if you decide not to get the doll, I'm sure someone will be up for selling the outfit.

Oh, and the ponytail can definitely be put back up; I took it out to fix the box hair, and then put it back :)

EMERGENCY QUESTION: Are the boys' feet removable? I thought they were, but I'm getting resistance...

They aren't removable like the hands on the girls are, if that's what you mean. They're like the upper arms; jointed, but not meant to be removed.

Darnit! Thanks!

No problem! Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear though :(

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 12, 2012, 04:16:55 PM »
I ended up caving and drove a few towns over to see if I could find the Target set and lucked out because they did! :) There were three left in stock. Two were hidden in other doll sections and only one set had decent paint on both dolls. I love Howleen, she's so adorable in person and may be one of my new favorites.

It's been posted before, but I used this to check and see what stores in my area had them in stock.
http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?tcin=&dpci=086-02-0004&desc=null
I never go to that particular store and probably wouldn't have found them otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:30:43 PM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 12, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »
I swear I've seen Clawd recently. DX

Ooh, I definately prefer Abby's hair down, but it for sure needs a condition. She's got two or three stray sparkle hairs sticking out like a bug. They stay down with the hat though. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Clementine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »
My origional ghoulias hand snapped off yesterday :( the little clip in peice snapped off right at the wrist so i can't fix it and I can't get the plastic out of her arm! I'm so dissapointed. I took the other hand off first but now I'm scared to put it back on. I'm going to have to try and glue her broken hand back on :(
Edit: I found an email for their Australian customer service but is it worth contacting them? What should I write? Anyone else have experience with this?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:46:50 PM by Clementine »

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 12, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »
My origional ghoulias hand snapped off yesterday :( the little clip in peice snapped off right at the wrist so i can't fix it and I can't get the plastic out of her arm! I'm so dissapointed. I took the other hand off first but now I'm scared to put it back on. I'm going to have to try and glue her broken hand back on :(
Edit: I found an email for their Australian customer service but is it worth contacting them? What should I write? Anyone else have experience with this?

Sorry about your Ghoulia!! :<
My signature Abbey's arm broke off at the wrist last month and I contacted Mattel.  They got back to be relatively quickly (within a week or two) and sent me a voucher for $18.00 since they didn't have any Signature Abbeys in stock to give me.  It's definitely worth contacting them.  I was impressed with their customer service!

Do any of you know if Sweet 1600 Clawd is still hitting stores?  My Kmart restocked and they had at least 4 Frankies, 4 Lalas, and 3 Clawdeens, but no Clawds :(   I know some of you have been asking about him too.  Have they taken him out of the cases?  Also I've noticed his price point is rising on Amazon, while the girl's prices are falling.  Please don't tell me I waited too long to pick up the 1600 dolls......

Don't give up hope!  I got Sweet 1600 Clawd from a Kmart on March 2nd.  As far as I know, they haven't replaced him with another doll.  I think there are just fewer Clawds in the boxes than the girls?

Does anyone know if Cupid is going to be stocked at Walmarts again, or, um, ever?  The Walmarts near me all had that stupid "inventory error" sign in place of Cupid.  I have never seen her in person and I live near a lot of different Walmarts.
I'm really picky when it comes to the doll and her makeup and such, so buying online isn't an option for me (not that it would be anyway, the prices for Cupid online are ridiculous!)  I really want her, but I feel like I may have missed out. I guess what really gets me is that I never had a chance to begin with.  She never came here. :/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:37:52 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #860 on: March 12, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
Does anyone know if Cupid is going to be stocked at Walmarts again, or, um, ever?  The Walmarts near me all had that stupid "inventory error" sign in place of Cupid.  I have never seen her in person and I live near a lot of different Walmarts.
I'm really picky when it comes to the doll and her makeup and such, so buying online isn't an option for me (not that it would be anyway, the prices for Cupid online are ridiculous!)  I really want her, but I feel like I may have missed out. I guess what really gets me is that I never had a chance to begin with.  She never came here. :/

I don't know for sure, but I feel the same way =/ We never got any of her here either. I did get one offline for not too much and she looks great, but I much prefer picking my dolls out in person as well.

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 12, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
How much is the Clawdeen/Howleen set at Target? Since I'm from Canada, I'm thinking of asking someone in the US if they see them, if they pick me up a set......

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 12, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »

I was in contact with Mattel Australia a month or so ago because my DotD Lagoona came out of the box with only one fin :/ They didn't offer me anything other than to exchange the doll at the store I bought it from which was not possible as I bought the last one in stock, or I could send it to Mattel for a full refund or exchange for something of equal value - also not possible because I bought DotD Lagoona for a reason  :( So in the end I'm stuck with a semi fin-less Lagoona and nothing from Mattel to make up for it... They were friendly enough but not very helpful.

It may be different for arms though so I'd definitely contact them about it :) Just explain what happened and see what they say.
:fox:

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #863 on: March 12, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
How much is the Clawdeen/Howleen set at Target? Since I'm from Canada, I'm thinking of asking someone in the US if they see them, if they pick me up a set......

29.99+ tax. I got mine for 32.45 total.

Post Merge: March 12, 2012, 08:25:16 PM

I was in contact with Mattel Australia a month or so ago because my DotD Lagoona came out of the box with only one fin :/ They didn't offer me anything other than to exchange the doll at the store I bought it from which was not possible as I bought the last one in stock, or I could send it to Mattel for a full refund or exchange for something of equal value - also not possible because I bought DotD Lagoona for a reason  :( So in the end I'm stuck with a semi fin-less Lagoona and nothing from Mattel to make up for it... They were friendly enough but not very helpful.

It may be different for arms though so I'd definitely contact them about it :) Just explain what happened and see what they say.

Mindy, I'm getting a DOTD Lagoona in the mail. I really just wanted her for her accessories, so I might have her nude available once I get her.

Alternatively, could you use a SS Lagoona's fins? Do they look different?

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 12, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »
Thanks SurfStar!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #865 on: March 12, 2012, 08:27:48 PM »
Thanks SurfStar!

No problem. I picked up an extra that I'll be selling/trading and I try to offer them at cost to people that don't have access to them. Ebay prices are ridiculous.

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 12, 2012, 08:38:20 PM »

Mindy, I'm getting a DOTD Lagoona in the mail. I really just wanted her for her accessories, so I might have her nude available once I get her.

Alternatively, could you use a SS Lagoona's fins? Do they look different?

Thanks SurfStar. I'd definitely be interested in a nude DotD Lagoona if you decide to sell :) 

I think any Lagoona fins would be fine, but I was hoping to find a flawed Lagoona to take the fins from but so far I haven't. SS Lagoona is pretty hard to find here so I would feel bad to buy one just to take her fins  :blush:
:fox:

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 12, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »
Amazon has the Draculaura/Clawd set for $29.99 and free shipping! If anyone needs that set pop over there pronto! I just grabbed one... my first Clawd! *yay*

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #868 on: March 12, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »
I hate the breaking of the arms. I did that the other day when i pulled my 2.0 Cleo's arm off to redress her ARG was so upset. luckily she will be wearing the new Fashion so not a big deal since I dont play with them but still ARG i hate things breaking especially when i'm so careful. the ball part snapped off in her arm.

If i boil hot water can i get it out?
Has any one done this to get the ball tip out of the arm?
then re order arms from Mattel.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #869 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:31 PM »
I also have extras for the howleen/clawdeen set.... so if anyone is interested, PM me :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal