collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rerooting a MH Doll  (Read 6846 times)

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rerooting a MH Doll
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »
dun dun dun
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(phone case got in the way but whatever)

alright, how did you guys get the hair out from the inside?? i can't see up the neck hole!

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »
I don't know about how anybody else does it but I use my pliers on getting some of the plugs out that are easy to pull.  I don't grab the whole plug, I grab a few hairs and after a little bit has been pulled out the rest doesn't have a lot left in it and it gets pulled out of the hole easy from there.  Sometimes I have to use the really thin needle nose pliers to get on the inside to grab out some clumped mess in there but I always get everything out with a little determination.

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »
I'm about the same. I use my needle nose pliers to squish up to the head, grab as much as I can, and pull, and then repeat. If you want you can use a heat gun to the back of the head to loosen the glue, but do NOT boil it- the paint will smudge and come off terribly in the water, and then the glue turns into this nasty, snot-like stuff.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »
There are 600 plugs per head? *faints*

Offline DoomBunnies

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 10:41:32 PM »
Roughly. I counted them on the first one I did. Since then I haven't bothered. I just know it'll take forever.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 10:27:49 AM »
Roughly. I counted them on the first one I did. Since then I haven't bothered. I just know it'll take forever.

Now I feel really bad for all the people I've commissioned to do rehairs for me, past and present.

toralei

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »

Just finished around the hairline... The holes there are sooooo tiny and close together! I've done about four hours of rooting already... I can't believe it!

Okay, another question: You know all those hairs that fall out from the hank? What's the best way to work with those? I want to obviously use as much of the hair I have on me as possible, but, they're always uneven and sort of "frizz" when I try to put them on the hook.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »
Dampen the hair a little as you work, with either licking or a touch of water on your fingertips, and practice. You can rework some of them in, but you just lose some hair.

ALSO! It's much, much easier to rehair if you start at the front, and then work your way back. You can't do anything now, since you got all around, but the hair on the outer edges, at least for me, will start getting in the way a LOT as you go. And, even if it looks like it'll be really thin, the scattered plugs do fill out really well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:39:02 PM by DoomBunnies »

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »
When rerooting Ghoulia's is it best to get the blue, dark blue and white premixed? Or each other separate and then do every other hole a different color?

If I did the mix, I would get a mix of Bobby Blue and Blueberry Muffin with a sprinkle of daiquari ice. What do you guys think?

If I didn't get them mixed, I think I'd have a issue with figuring out placement of colors.

Just trying to get input, would save money and time instead of buying a new Ghoulia or trying to trade a head for a head. SS Ghoulia isn't on the high priority list of wants I have noticed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:46:57 PM by Psivampyr »

Offline DoomBunnies

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
When rerooting Ghoulia's is it best to get the blue, dark blue and white premixed? Or each other separate and then do every other hole a different color?

If I did the mix, I would get a mix of Bobby Blue and Blueberry Muffin with a sprinkle of daiquari ice. What do you guys think?

If I didn't get them mixed, I think I'd have a issue with figuring out placement of colors.

Just trying to get input, would save money and time instead of buying a new Ghoulia or trying to trade a head for a head. SS Ghoulia isn't on the high priority list of wants I have noticed.
If you want accuracy, I'd go with mixed but separated, because Ghoulia's plugs are all individual colors, with the dark blue only around the edge of her hair. The light blue is the bulk of the center.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:06 AM »
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. I thought it was a mix of blues and white. Thank you, I will do that.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:29 AM »
Yeah. It's really interesting how they do the hair- All of Spectra's darker purple are the outer row of plugs too, and most of Draulaura's pink lives there too, with the core just being lavender/black respectively.
..I spend a lot of time staring at and taking things apart. And wash all of my doll's hair when I get them.

toralei

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »

THE WORST. POSSIBLE. THING. just happened

I had a scalp split occur at the back!!!  :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

Sorry if I'm being over dramatic about this, but OH MY GOD nooooooooooo

Offline DoomBunnies

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
Best thing to do, especially if the hair starts to come out, is add just a little glue to it, so it doesn't get worse.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal