collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The bane of your pony existence?  (Read 7904 times)

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The bane of your pony existence?
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »
Searching for MLP on ebay, and finding TONS of mislabeled fakies from China  :enraged: :throw:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Supercritical

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2012, 05:13:48 PM »
Packaging. I'm an avid recycler, and it drives me nuts separating out the plastic from the not-even-recyclable cardboard. Sometimes there's a few pieces of cardboard that are recyclable, with the bigger sets and such, but the whole ordeal is so time consuming and it makes me feel wasteful!

It was especially bad like with TRU's recent BOGO when I stocked up on a bunch of Celestia packs (lol customs) and grabbed the talking Cadence for the hay of it. It was about an hour separating out the packaging and it really sucked the joy out of the purchase. I've since learned to put the trash aside and just sit there with the ponies for a while before bothering with it.

I totally agree with hating everything that makes noises while you're in the aisle. I have a couple of pony friends that don't necessarily collect but help and support me, and the Leapfrog things bother all of us. What's worse is there's two of those sorts of things in our Target, and the ponies right between them. So if we pace we set them both off. There's also some Disney princess mirror thing in Walmart that my fiance once set off, and it told him he was a pretty princess. He won't go down that aisle with me anymore, but it was priceless.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2012, 05:31:21 PM »
How about the fact that MLP seems to be scarce around me. My TRU barely stocks any, along with my local Meijer. I find a few here and there at thrift stores, nothing so far at yard sales. The only way I seem to get any is through the people here or on eBay!

Grrrrrr.... >_<
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
Personally I find it really irritating that nearly every ebay pony auction has RARE! or HTF in the title, especially with common as dirt ponies! As if anyone is going to believe that! Collectors know darn well when something is rare and what you got ain't it!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »
The bane of my pony existence is parts of the Pretty Parlor, everywhere.  Random walls and dingy bases and the back wall with a peeling mirror sticker.  I have parts to *dozens* of these things, in various stages of bad-to-worse condition, blue faded to a hundred unappealing shades of old-toy-in-bad-condition and yet I feel like I can't get rid of them in any way.  Nobody wants them, can't sell them, and yet I'd never throw anything MLP away.  ;)  Every big lot I buy has more parts like this!  AAAAAAAAgh.  :D
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
The bane of my pony existence is parts of the Pretty Parlor, everywhere.  Random walls and dingy bases and the back wall with a peeling mirror sticker.  I have parts to *dozens* of these things, in various stages of bad-to-worse condition, blue faded to a hundred unappealing shades of old-toy-in-bad-condition and yet I feel like I can't get rid of them in any way.  Nobody wants them, can't sell them, and yet I'd never throw anything MLP away.  ;)  Every big lot I buy has more parts like this!  AAAAAAAAgh.  :D

really i am looking for parts of this set !

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
100 posts yay!

Now that we found Filly.  :biggrin:

OMG! That's cute!

And it's by VTech!

Want!
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline kayveryn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2012, 09:48:43 AM »
G3.5 Stylin Pinkie Pie! They come in every bulk lot of ponies i buy! I had 4 but someone actually bought one from me. I've never been a fan of the 3.5s and do not collect them at all. Yet here i am currently with 3 of these giant headed ponies staring at me with wide eyes. They take up much too much space and I just want them to go away!

Also as stated above ugly fakies and also thrashed ponies with marker and bite marks. They are still ponies and I can't bear to toss them. But what am i gonna do with them?

Bite marks and marker = bait...=]

kayveryn

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
G3.5 Stylin Pinkie Pie! They come in every bulk lot of ponies i buy! I had 4 but someone actually bought one from me. I've never been a fan of the 3.5s and do not collect them at all. Yet here i am currently with 3 of these giant headed ponies staring at me with wide eyes. They take up much too much space and I just want them to go away!

Also as stated above ugly fakies and also thrashed ponies with marker and bite marks. They are still ponies and I can't bear to toss them. But what am i gonna do with them?

Bite marks and marker = bait...=]

kayveryn

I personally can't do a thing with them as I don't customize. I have them listed on my sales thread though

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »
I'm going to expand on this and just say PARTS in general!! I have ONE floor to the perm shoppe, and none of the rest of it XD I can't throw it away, and I don't want to sell it in case I find an incomplete one and need it, so for now it just sits there.  >_<

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
I have a Show Stable I "rescued" from a second hand store. It's missing EVERYTHING not permanently attached. All doors, windows, and of course accessories like flags and fences. It has most stickers though. It's quite dirty and drawn on with crayon. I searched the toy bins for ANY of the parts but found nothing  :cry:
I'm holding onto it in hopes restoring it.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2012, 07:57:47 PM »
I have a Show Stable I "rescued" from a second hand store. It's missing EVERYTHING not permanently attached. All doors, windows, and of course accessories like flags and fences. It has most stickers though. It's quite dirty and drawn on with crayon. I searched the toy bins for ANY of the parts but found nothing  :cry:
I'm holding onto it in hopes restoring it.

I'm in a similar case, but mine has a bed, one door, and the weathervane roof portion (the little horsey is broken off though).  I REALLY want the doors.  Sigh.

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal