collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?  (Read 61541 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2017, 02:12:42 AM »
They are so cute!  I will be buying a few! I LOVE that birthflower rose is included in the retro stuff! I think she is lovely! I'd love to see some of the SS and TE ponies too though like ribbon and masquerade!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2017, 02:18:40 AM »
It would be nice to get in contact with whoever chose the retro lineup at Hasbro and ask them if they'll add more, especially from the first wave of So Soft and Twinkle Eye ponies.  I've seen Fizzy from time to time, but I want to see the others too.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2017, 06:23:35 AM »
Where have people found them so far?

I saw that people are staring to find them at Books A Million.

Any other places online? Just  Entertainment Earth?

~Foxtale~

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »
I REALLY want to support more G1 merch... but I'm not going to spend $15 on something that, to me, looks ugly and I wouldn't even want to display it. :\ The symbol doesn't look very well printed with those big thick lines (maybe that's just Princess Sparkle?), and I hate when they only print the symbol on one side. Even Funko fixed that after the first wave!

Also the price to me is a turn off. I could see spending up to $8 or maybe $9 on something that sized (even that is pushing the limit...), but not $13-$15. It's the same size as an actual MLP and those are $5!

I think it's funny though that, of the three people who have bought them in this thread, two of the three got Gusty and she's supposed to be one of the uncommon ones. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »
It would be nice to get in contact with whoever chose the retro lineup at Hasbro and ask them if they'll add more, especially from the first wave of So Soft and Twinkle Eye ponies.  I've seen Fizzy from time to time, but I want to see the others too.

Don't see why they couldn't do SS ponies. If Merry Hooves and Sylvanians can do flocked animals, so can MLP again. On the other hand, given TLS's pricing that could make them very expensive.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:58:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2017, 08:50:18 AM »
nope, Hastings shut down before they even got them. and there's no place around here that sells them.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

lostpony

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
I REALLY want to support more G1 merch... but I'm not going to spend $15 on something that, to me, looks ugly and I wouldn't even want to display it. :\ The symbol doesn't look very well printed with those big thick lines (maybe that's just Princess Sparkle?), and I hate when they only print the symbol on one side. Even Funko fixed that after the first wave!

Also the price to me is a turn off. I could see spending up to $8 or maybe $9 on something that sized (even that is pushing the limit...), but not $13-$15. It's the same size as an actual MLP and those are $5!

I think it's funny though that, of the three people who have bought them in this thread, two of the three got Gusty and she's supposed to be one of the uncommon ones. XD

I did notice we have 2/3 outstanding pony luck in this thread, haha.

The problem with the pricing, as anyone on the Genie team can tell you, is the production quantity.  Our concept of what a pony should cost, or any toy, is based on the kind of production pricing that Hasbro or Disney or Mattel have been bringing to us for decades.  They make huge lots of toys based on deep pockets, massive distribution networks and demand, and warehouses as big as they want to hold all that stock until it disappears.

With the limited demand for G1 retro stuff, we are never going to see production quantities and therefore prices like we are used to for current-generation toys.  It's sadly just never going to happen, unless perhaps the bronies all fall in love with G1 or something like that.  Until then, even Hallmark ornaments are going to be $14 and up.  Retro G1 merch is simply going to cost more and if we want it, that's just what we're going to have to pay.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »

Don't see why they couldn't do SS ponies. If Merry Hooves and Sylvanians can do flocked animals, so can MLP again. On the other hand, given TLS's pricing that could make them very expensive.
I don't even care about the flocking (or the gem eyes for TE ponies).  I just want the characters available.  Sparkle's symbol is printed instead of a medallion (which might explain the outline).
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2017, 06:57:17 AM »

With the limited demand for G1 retro stuff, we are never going to see production quantities and therefore prices like we are used to for current-generation toys.  It's sadly just never going to happen, unless perhaps the bronies all fall in love with G1 or something like that.  Until then, even Hallmark ornaments are going to be $14 and up.  Retro G1 merch is simply going to cost more and if we want it, that's just what we're going to have to pay.

Yeah, after the disaster with the retro re-releases during G3, I completely understand we will never get "G1 pony toy for $5" - at least not brand new in package!  Those days are long gone...  We just have to pay what the prices are, for what comes out, and let those sales numbers speak for themselves... 

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2017, 07:51:21 AM »
Thanks for the comparison pics, PrincessTiffy! :) Those are awesome.

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
I think i might break down and buy a whole case soon...

Do you guys care if they boxes have already been opened and you know who you are getting? I know the case will have doubles that I dont' have the space for. ;p
~Foxtale~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2017, 12:59:34 PM »

Do you guys care if they boxes have already been opened and you know who you are getting? I know the case will have doubles that I dont' have the space for. ;p

Yeah we do. :P

We want very specific ones and I'm not paying 12-16 a pop to hopefully get the ones we want. Especially since Lickety-split and Snuzzle are rare.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »

I wonder if the case layout thing with Funko Mystery Minis works with these? Can you keep track of who was where in casr it does?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »

I wonder if the case layout thing with Funko Mystery Minis works with these? Can you keep track of who was where in casr it does?

I don't think so because I believe a case is 16 ponies..... and some have a 1/24, 1/96 and 1/48 chance while the commons have 1/12. While the chances for the Funkos matched the case quantity better no? But we will see. If I do get a a case I will keep track of it and hopefully others will so we can compare what we get. XD

Yeah we do. :P

We want very specific ones and I'm not paying 12-16 a pop to hopefully get the ones we want. Especially since Lickety-split and Snuzzle are rare.

Yeah that is true. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of Sundances and Fireflies. XD
~Foxtale~

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2017, 02:04:09 PM »
I've started to see these popping up on Instagram, and I know someone in my state found them at Books-A-Million, so I'm going to have to go looking for them when I visit my mom (there's a BaM on the way to her house, but there isn't one near me). I, too, am really disappointed about the price. If we knew which pony we were getting I might pay that price but for a blind box? I don't even like paying $10 for a blind box. :/ But I will definitely get at least one or two.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal