collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20110 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2018, 10:54:30 AM »
Crowning Glory, to answer your questions: I would love to make a job out of my drawing some day, but it's not at professional level yet. Despite that, I'm glad with what I'm able to draw right now  :) So mostly I do it for fun. I like comics! I'm not drawing any yet, but I've read some books about comics and I would like to give them a go. If only I had good stories to tell.

Pokeyonekenobie, my style is unpolished as well. But I don't mind it too much right now, because I like getting experimental and trying to draw in new styles or see what fits mine best. Art style is kinda like a broth, you've got lots of ingredients but you have to let them simmer for a while so it becomes its own thing  ;)

I've been trying to be a bit more talkative these last two days and while I had some goof-ups, so far it's been good. I hope that if I get over these confidence issues, I'll be able to talk more eloquently on my speeches and exams for class.

Painting my nails definitely helps! I always try to make the healthiest choice when it comes to eating but it is not always possible. I still need to look out for recipes.

Anybody going to treat themselves after they accomplish their goals? Care to tell me more about it?

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »
Minituresheep, I want to know more about your comic!!! Is there a place you post? I would live to read it. I did a comic a ling time ago. It's was rough, but I had a lot if fun:)

It's ok to melt down. Rejection us very hard. I used to compete a lit and being told no you are not the winner killed me each time. I used to think it was my fault, I wasn't good enough, but really I just didn't shine today. You will shine, I just know it. You will get that job:) but screaming and crying are ok....some times letting the emotions out helps... I just did a what's your problem post, and I feel better and more clear about my path. I have a hard time with eye contact too, I try and look at the mouth.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a go! Normally I just do a lot of talking with my hands, but then I'm a very animated talker in general.
I do put my comic up online but even though there's nothing offensive in there (I like to keep my comedy free from any kind of malice), there is a fair bit of swearing in it as one of the main running gags is contrasting academic-sounding writing with absurd and crass things, so I can't link it from the Arena. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2018, 12:14:37 PM »
Might have to pm it to me.

Dreamer, I have the stories, not so much the drawing ability:)

My temp job has brought me to tears. But if hired I could get a work from home position. I would love to just work, no drama
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »
In 2018, I want to accomplish:
1. Get a Etsy store up and running.
2. Finish three different art projects for said Etsy store.
3. Begin to make money from my art.

What do I want to accomplish in the first 3 months?
Finish one art project and start selling it on Etsy.

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »
SwirlyWirly, that sounds interesting! What sort of Etsy shop are you looking to start?

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
Oooh yes Etsy:) welcome to the group
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »
I have been horrible with posting here. But I have been plodding away, a bit. I have been keeping up with daily store postings at least (no progress on any other goals). And I finished my large custom order in January. Posted a pic on Sunday, and have a custom request for another one. :faint:

In 2018, I want to accomplish:
1. Get a Etsy store up and running.
2. Finish three different art projects for said Etsy store.
3. Begin to make money from my art.

What do I want to accomplish in the first 3 months?
Finish one art project and start selling it on Etsy.

That's a great goal, Etsy is work but it can be fun and exciting. When you're ready to open your store, let me know. I can give you a link so you get 40 free listings to start with.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2018, 06:29:11 PM »
That mailbox looks amazing:) there cardinal is darling:)

Offline Shatyr

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2018, 08:03:54 PM »
What type of needlework is that, Kiwi? It looks like a cousin of cross stitch but I can't place it.

Drank my water. Ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. (Warning: Avoid the s'mores cookies. Those things are evil. Delicious, but evil.)

I felt really good at work today, I think partially because I did some major work on the disaster that was my living room. Having a clean and tidy physical space does seem to affect my mental space. Something to remember. I've got 6ish months before I hit 12 years with the company, 3 years with this department. I'm going to use the rest of February to brainstorm some goals for work and plan them out, then go to town March through August to see if I can accomplish them and impress my bosses. If I don't get promoted from that, then I'll have at least built some skills I can use in other departments.

I'm about to head to bed. Tomorrow's the regularly scheduled day off, but I'm still going to do my best to get up at 4:30 and follow the normal morning routine. That way I'll have time to work on the living room before heading out to get my oil changed. Then it's regular chores, taxes, and, hopefully, 3D printing.

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 22, 2018, 01:44:23 AM »
SwirlyWirly, that sounds interesting! What sort of Etsy shop are you looking to start?

I was thinking about mainly designing stickers and labels. Maybe art prints as well.

Oooh yes Etsy:) welcome to the group

Thanks! :D

That's a great goal, Etsy is work but it can be fun and exciting. When you're ready to open your store, let me know. I can give you a link so you get 40 free listings to start with.

Thank you, that's really kind of you! :)

And wow, such a cool looking mailbox! I have never seen anything like that before.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2018, 02:24:43 AM »
Welcome to the group, Swirly Whirly!
Kiwi, that mailbox is absolutely gorgeous! The mini one is really sweet as well. :D

I've got to stay in today to wait for a delivery, so I've done a heap of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and got some guitar practice done, been experimenting with playing in different positions over the soundhole. I knew that playing near the bridge made a twangy sound but I never knew that playing nearer to the neck would make a more mellow tone - it sounds great!
I still need to get the violin out at some point today but I don't want to get into a groove with it and then not hear the courier at the door.
My sleeping patterns are still a little bit erratic but I have found that playing simple, old-fashioned games is a good way of clearing my head before bed. I did a heck of a lot of miniature bowling and played plenty of Solitaire with some space-themed cards as well - even won a few games!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2018, 04:00:59 AM »
Thanks everyone :) I was really happy with how it came out (and now I get to make another one).

Shatyr - it's plastic canvas, so very similar to cross stitch. Still a form of needlepoint, just done on a plastic grid so it's sturdier and you can make 3D items (and it uses yarn instead of thread since the holes are bigger).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2018, 07:02:34 AM »
Welcome, SwirlyWhirly!
I found an awesome website about grammar :D I think the main reason that I'm not practicing is bacuase I just don't know the grammar and Duolingo doesn't teach it. So it gives me a complex sentence I have to translate into Gaelic, and I know what the words mean,I just don't know where they go. And Gaelic has a very different order of words, going predicate subject object. So I am very glad I have found this website, and that it is free!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
Wow some great steps forward everyone. The stress is brining me down a bit. I gave myself 10 points yesterday. I was not being g productive, but I did make some new wings for fun:) so I hot points for that. I am so far away from my goal...not sure if I can in 4 days. I will keep trying.

Offline Shatyr

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2018, 08:43:50 AM »
Missed my water goal last night. I became absorbed in a book and the next thing I knew, it was 12:30am. I slept in, as well, since I wasn't willing to do my day off with only 4 hours of sleep. But I'm up now and starting my chores. The oil change can wait one more week, I really want this living room clean!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal