collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls series  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Elder Scrolls series
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:49 AM »
How many of you guys ever played the Elder Scrolls series? There's about five of them so far.

Arena
Daggerfall
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim

I have Morrowind and Oblivion, those games are so addicting! XD I want to play the first two and Skyrim(I don't have that game because it's so expensive). What games do you have, which ones do you enjoy playing it, quests you like, and joining the guilds? :3

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls series
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »
I have Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Though the only one I got anywhere with was Skyrim.

Now that I'm playing Dark Age of Camelot again, I'm on the side with the norsemen and giggle whenever I see "Jarl". :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Moondancer115

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
I have Oblivion and Skyrim. I totaly love these games :lovey:
I had Skyrim the day the game came out haha. And had him 7 months pre-orderd haha XD
I think personally that the story line and the guilts are better in Oblivion, but the graphics are much much better in Skyrim.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:02:37 AM »
I have Oblivion and Skyrim. I totaly love these games :lovey:
I had Skyrim the day the game came out haha. And had him 7 months pre-orderd haha XD
I think personally that the story line and the guilts are better in Oblivion, but the graphics are much much better in Skyrim.

There's something about climbing a mountain and getting to see the Auroura Boriealis through the snow.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
Haven't played any of them... Have watched people play, though! And made countless "arrow through the knee" jokes ('cause that's the only reference I know. :ninja: )

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:24 PM »
I never had a computer that could run any modern games till very recent years, so I've only played Oblivion and watched my boyfriend play Skyrim. We also have Morrowind around here somewhere, so I'll have to install it sometime. =^^= I know a lot of Elder Scrolls oldbies swear by Morrowind, even over Oblivion.

Out of my very limited Elder Scrolls experience, I have to say I like Oblivion much more than Skyrim! It just has so much more diversity in quests and characters and settings. Skyrim is mostly human characters, mostly generic fetch quests, or depressing quests about how non-humans are treated like scum in Skyrim (which is why there's aren't many non-human characters in the game--I want more Khajiit, darn it!), and the landscape is mostly boring grey-and-brown scrubland or snowfields. The auroras are a wonderful sight for bored eyes!

Don't get me wrong, though--Skyrim is still tons o' fun. It's just not as many tons o' fun as Oblivion was for me. It's pretty hard to top that one, especially when you factor in Shivering Isles and its crazy characters who tell you things like that your bones want to be outside your body. "Those bones want out!" XD

Favourite quests? Hmm...I definitely favour the weirder or funny ones. The Sheogorath and Sanguine quests in Oblivion were hilarious, the "A Brush With Death" quest in Oblivion was otherworldly, and the Sanguine quest in Skyrim made me laugh like crazy....Oh, and the Vaermina and "Through a Nightmare, Darkly" Oblivion quests. Those were soooo creepy. I haven't seen anything like them in Skyrim yet.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:10:23 PM by Mystagic »
Don't look for me!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
I've only really played the original, Arena. I think I poked at a Daggerfall demo back when it was new, but never played the full version. They made the first two free for download some years ago and I played Arena last year again. It was fun but it sure shows its age. :)

I couldn't get Daggerfall to work with the DOSBox emulator though, so it still remains unplayed. Bummer.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »
I've played Oblivion and Skyrim. Tried Morrowind once but got confused but I think I was 'too young' to get it if that makes sense.

I'm annoyed though as out of the group of us who play Skyrim I'm the only one who has played Oblivion I think, everyone just writes Oblivion off because of the 'ugly graphics'. I admit the graphics weren't great at least on my computer but it was just as fun as Skyrim.
I like Skyrim for the graphics, and the new levelling up system. I feel it's a bit more 'full' map wise as with Oblivion I sometimes found it a bit empty sidequest wise after a while. There are a few things that bug me like sometimes the 'everything regenerates' thing can be silly with shops and stuff and of course the fact that shopkeepers gold doesn't seem to go up when you sell things to them. It's so annoying when you start finding higher levelled loot/items you want to/need to sell and no one has enough money for them.

Also, I love the glitches I had this epic one last time I played when I was going through the Dwarven ruin before Blackreach. I was fighting a Falmer and it... freaked out as it were and started spinning all around the room I was in. XD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:42:10 PM by starrypawz »

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

flyawayraven

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 05:00:10 PM »
Ah Morrowind! *flails* I loved that one! Admittedly, I god-modded my way through the whole thing because I was terrible at the combat system, but it was good! I tried Oblivion but it gave me a serious case of the heebie-jeebies. Spent most of my time running around on my horse.

The other reason I adore Morrowind is for the main theme which is beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJD-Ufi1jGk

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »
Y'know what's really amusing? I played TES: Arena when it was brand new! I remember having to install it with all those little floppies. *feels old*
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 07:09:51 PM »
I've never played them. Hubby is curious about them though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Moondancer115

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 10:14:33 PM »
I've played Oblivion and Skyrim. Tried Morrowind once but got confused but I think I was 'too young' to get it if that makes sense.

I'm annoyed though as out of the group of us who play Skyrim I'm the only one who has played Oblivion I think, everyone just writes Oblivion off because of the 'ugly graphics'. I admit the graphics weren't great at least on my computer but it was just as fun as Skyrim.
I like Skyrim for the graphics, and the new levelling up system. I feel it's a bit more 'full' map wise as with Oblivion I sometimes found it a bit empty sidequest wise after a while. There are a few things that bug me like sometimes the 'everything regenerates' thing can be silly with shops and stuff and of course the fact that shopkeepers gold doesn't seem to go up when you sell things to them. It's so annoying when you start finding higher levelled loot/items you want to/need to sell and no one has enough money for them.

Also, I love the glitches I had this epic one last time I played when I was going through the Dwarven ruin before Blackreach. I was fighting a Falmer and it... freaked out as it were and started spinning all around the room I was in. XD

I second all of this.
Omg love Oblivion and Skyrim :lovey:
They have both things I like.

Btw. I played oblivion in the xbox360 and I thought the graphics weren't to bad!
I hought it was really pretty!

silvercat

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:02 PM »
Daggerfall and Arena are the only 2 in the series I have not played.  I agree on likening the characters and land areas more in Oblivion and Morrowind then Skyrim.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 02:20:46 AM »

I second all of this.
Omg love Oblivion and Skyrim :lovey:
They have both things I like.

Btw. I played oblivion in the xbox360 and I thought the graphics weren't to bad!
I hought it was really pretty!
Yeah I bet the graphics would look better on a Xbox than the computer I used to play on. We had to set the graphics kinda low as the computer couldn't run it ver well

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 03:06:44 AM »
Oblivion is my favourite! its so awesome, beautiful, fun, surprising... !!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal