collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone into furby's?  (Read 2448 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Anyone into furby's?
« on: April 27, 2020, 08:30:57 AM »
Hello everyone,

After following some furby instagram accounts for a bit, I caved and bought myself a 1999 working baby furby.

I hope it get's here soon.

Anyone want to talk furby's? Do you collect them, had one as a kid or just found them scary?

I would love to hear your furby thoughts :)

Cheers,

Luke
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:56:30 PM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: anyone into furby's?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 08:46:26 AM »
I'm not into collecting them and I didn't even have one growing up, but after quarantine ends, my friend and I have agreed to make a "long furby". I find them hilarious, they are just furby heads on long tubes of fabric. And you put a doll spine in them so they can hold poses! We are going to freak so many people out, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 11:35:32 AM »
I'm not into collecting them and I didn't even have one growing up, but after quarantine ends, my friend and I have agreed to make a "long furby". I find them hilarious, they are just furby heads on long tubes of fabric. And you put a doll spine in them so they can hold poses! We are going to freak so many people out, lol.

Haha, that's great! Good luck with your long furby. There are probably tutorials on youtube.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »
I used to be really into Furby's when I was younger. I found them so interesting, especially the ones with interesting color patterns and stuff. Like the Kid cuisine special edition Furby or even just the Flamingo furby.
I've never really wanted the old ones simply because their eyes freak me out, but I did have one of the 2012 reboot ones.

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 12:46:58 PM »
I used to be really into Furby's when I was younger. I found them so interesting, especially the ones with interesting color patterns and stuff. Like the Kid cuisine special edition Furby or even just the Flamingo furby.
I've never really wanted the old ones simply because their eyes freak me out, but I did have one of the 2012 reboot ones.

Custom furbies can be really pretty. The eyes sometimes sure are something. What was your experience with your 2012 furby?
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 01:51:45 PM »

Custom furbies can be really pretty. The eyes sometimes sure are something. What was your experience with your 2012 furby?
The specific model I had was this one: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/515Hv4-U-gL._AC_SX425_.jpg
It was okay. I do think I had a few quality issues due to the fact that the box on mine was smashed. I loved him, but the fact that there's no off button (as with any Furby to my knowledge) was a let down. Especially since I had to leave him alone a lot so he grew a snarky personality. It got to the point where I couldn't sleep at night because it wouldn't be quiet so I had to take out its batteries.
If there was a way to turn them off, I had no idea and I might've just been a little dumb  :lol: LOL
The experiences I did have before it had a jerk personality were pleasant. Petting it and everything like that was fun. But after I took the batteries out I soon forgot about it since it didn't really interest me anymore.
I feel more that I like looking at Furby's and knowing how their internal mechanics work than actually having one and taking care of it. If I was younger and had more time when I got it I feel I would've enjoyed it more and gotten a better personality out of it.

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »

The specific model I had was this one: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/515Hv4-U-gL._AC_SX425_.jpg
It was okay. I do think I had a few quality issues due to the fact that the box on mine was smashed. I loved him, but the fact that there's no off button (as with any Furby to my knowledge) was a let down. Especially since I had to leave him alone a lot so he grew a snarky personality. It got to the point where I couldn't sleep at night because it wouldn't be quiet so I had to take out its batteries.
If there was a way to turn them off, I had no idea and I might've just been a little dumb  :lol: LOL
The experiences I did have before it had a jerk personality were pleasant. Petting it and everything like that was fun. But after I took the batteries out I soon forgot about it since it didn't really interest me anymore.
I feel more that I like looking at Furby's and knowing how their internal mechanics work than actually having one and taking care of it. If I was younger and had more time when I got it I feel I would've enjoyed it more and gotten a better personality out of it.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Furby personalities can be reset and they dont really have an off button. I like furbies better without batteries as well. I like how you can customize them. I hope I can try that in the future. Maybe you coukd do the same with yours?
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 02:15:45 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience. Furby personalities can be reset and they dont really have an off button. I like furbies better without batteries as well. I like how you can customize them. I hope I can try that in the future. Maybe you coukd do the same with yours?
Ohhh I did not know they can be reset. That's really good news in case I get any in the future and they have an attitude problem, lol.
Yeah, I mostly prefer looking at them and the customized ones (the long furby's will never cease to both amaze me and be completely hilarious). The only problem with just looking at the 2012 ones on display is their eyes since they're LED. Once you shut them off they have creepy greyish eyes  :shocked: Looks like something out of a horror game, LOL.
What's your opinion on the 2005 furbys? No one ever seems to talk about them and I wonder if it's for a good reason  :wonder: I personally don't really like their design. I think it's something about the face and leg bump thingies. They kind of just look sad all the time and when Furby is sad, I'm sad  :cry:
Also the baby furbies from that line are nightmare fuel. :scared:

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone into furby's?
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 03:06:16 PM »
I still have my adult Furby and Furby baby but something happened to the electronics inside. The last time I tried to put batteries in the baby made a horrible noise and the adult Furby wouldn't work at all. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: anyone into furby\'s?
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 12:37:02 AM »

Ohhh I did not know they can be reset. That's really good news in case I get any in the future and they have an attitude problem, lol.
Yeah, I mostly prefer looking at them and the customized ones (the long furby's will never cease to both amaze me and be completely hilarious). The only problem with just looking at the 2012 ones on display is their eyes since they're LED. Once you shut them off they have creepy greyish eyes  :shocked: Looks like something out of a horror game, LOL.
What's your opinion on the 2005 furbys? No one ever seems to talk about them and I wonder if it's for a good reason  :wonder: I personally don't really like their design. I think it's something about the face and leg bump thingies. They kind of just look sad all the time and when Furby is sad, I'm sad  :cry:
Also the baby furbies from that line are nightmare fuel. :scared:

The display eyes are indeed different from the 'face plates' the older ones have. it does look rather odd sometimes, maybe glasses help lol.

The 2005 furbies are my favourite! My sister has one she found in a thrift store. It looks so cute. They were the furbies from my childhood so i might just be nostalgic. My then bestie had one but she wouldn't let me play with it because she didn't like it. I'm not sure I'd customize one of those because they are the most expensive furbies in my area. I'd recommend searching locally and avoiding ebay. The prices there are crazy.
I don't like the babies with their crazy chicken legs though XD

Post Merge: April 28, 2020, 12:39:10 AM

I still have my adult Furby and Furby baby but something happened to the electronics inside. The last time I tried to put batteries in the baby made a horrible noise and the adult Furby wouldn't work at all. :sad:

Ponyfan

Interesting, the baby might have some 'personality' issues, I'm no expert though. Have you checked the battery departmengt of the adult furby? Might be fried batteries. Again, no expert. Also, you might want to be careful with old batteries. I do know there  are soem tutorials floating around about fixing not working furbies.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:39:10 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 01:03:20 PM »
Ooh Furbies :)

I am pretty new to the world of Furbies. I remember when they first came out, someone who lived in the student house had a black one, I was a bit scared of it as it seemed to do very random things without any warning :crazy:

Last summer I found a Furby in a charity shop, but I passed up on it. I thought about it and when I went back and it was GONE.

Roll on earlier this year, I spotted a Furby Boom (purple wave pattern) for £1.50. I went out of the shop and crossed the road. I then re-crossed the road and went back in the shop and bought Furby :lol:

When I got him home I discovered his insides had suffered from rust and battery corrosion. After some research I found I could possibly fix him. So I braved it and performed surgery after skinning him (scary stuff here). I did a battery compartment part transplant, using parts from two sets of fairy lights. Furby is now working!!!

When he woke up, he had the "funny" personality, but after some careful care he now has the "cute" personality. I also coaxed his name out.... Belly Dancer!

I have been looking at all the amazing Furby artwork, Furby customs and looooooooong Furbies. I absolutely would love to make a custom or looooong Fubry at some point.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 08:43:41 PM »
Not majorly, but have picked up a few from charity shops over the years. They sit without their batteries though. I didn't know they could be reset, but if somebody could linkie me how I can do that.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 07:44:14 AM »
I saw a video where someone took an old broken electronic pipe organ and retrofit the Furby critters into it so they SING!

https://youtu.be/GYLBjScgb7o?t=180
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:46:29 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 07:22:23 AM »
I saw a video where someone took an old broken electronic pipe organ and retrofit the Furby critters into it so they SING!

https://youtu.be/GYLBjScgb7o?t=180

Thank you for making me smile today :hug:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline MilkyDreams

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 10:15:45 PM »
I have a Furby Boom (2013 series) called MayBay in my room. Luckily she has the sweet personality.

Also just realised this thread is about a month old, sorry!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal