collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What did you see that was strange today?  (Read 1726 times)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
What did you see that was strange today?
« on: June 23, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
Today as I my mom and I were driving we past by a house where a bunch of people were dressed in nineteen century era clothing! There were several men dress as I think British military officers. They had these red coats on and pointy helmets! I think they were sitting down to tea on the porch!  It's a big Victorian looking house with a wrap around porch.

It was just so strange to see that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:54:24 PM by ember86 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: What did you see that was strange today?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
That sounds a lot more fun than what I saw. I came out with my groceries and my car was covered in white splatters. At first I thought the worst that birds had just gone to town on my car.....until I saw the huge bucket of Mayfield ice cream that was sitting a space or two away with its middle crushed. Someone either ran over it or dropped it real hard or something and it splattered all over my car and on quite a bit of the ground including a little bit past my car. I am not pleased or amused in the least. Surely whoever did it had to have noticed what they did to my car even if it was just an accident?

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »
I see this all the time but there is a house near me with a gian white rabbit statue in the fron yard...I mean this thing is like 6' tall at least.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »
I saw a pair of men's boxer briefs laying right in the middle of the sidewalk while walking in town. XD

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 09:23:04 PM »
where would you like me to start, between the thrift stores and work I saw way too much LOL
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »
I didn't see anything strange today...except me. XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
I've been watching the show "oddities" for the last couple hours, so I've seen a looot of weird stuff today. :P But not in real life, unfortunately.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 09:55:41 PM »
I saw a weird bug.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »
That sounds a lot more fun than what I saw. I came out with my groceries and my car was covered in white splatters. At first I thought the worst that birds had just gone to town on my car.....until I saw the huge bucket of Mayfield ice cream that was sitting a space or two away with its middle crushed. Someone either ran over it or dropped it real hard or something and it splattered all over my car and on quite a bit of the ground including a little bit past my car. I am not pleased or amused in the least. Surely whoever did it had to have noticed what they did to my car even if it was just an accident?

Sorry about your car, but I couldn't help LOL'ing when I read this.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »
TwistedWindSox, I LOVE Oddities. I am have a bunch of places I want to visit when I go to NY someday, Obscura is one of them.

As for the dressed-up people, this made me laugh because I am a some-time living historian and I LOVE to dress up in period clothes and go to places from the Era. So does my husband. What makes me laugh is that they have American Civil War reenactors in Japan and England :D. So fun. HIGHLY addictive. I call myself a 'Time Travel Addict', jokingly of course  :biggrin:

I even make reproduction bonnets for people who reenact the civil war. I had never even heard of it until I was 20. Then when a friend of mine put me in a hoop skirt- it was all over. I was hooked. Here's a link to my bonnets if anyone wants to see. I don't just do Civil War though, I love so many Eras and I wish I could have costumes from all of them. http://petticoatjunction.8m.com/photo_1.html

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 11:24:28 PM

I told my husband about this thread and he said that I should have posted "I was having tea with reenactor friends and saw some New Jersians (?) driving by, that was so weird." That made me laugh :) The spiky hats do sound odd.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:24:28 PM by Salli »

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 05:48:42 AM »
I saw a car airbrushed with huge depictions of the Chipettes on it and the words Lady Soulja.  Hmm.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 06:01:37 AM »
Well, nothing weird today, but Friday was weird.

I heard a giant "THUMP" and looked out the window, and a juvenile Mourning Dove was sitting out on my deck.

I was like "aww poor birdy" until I saw him repeatedly bonk himself into my window. Over and over again, he would take off and "WHAM" right into the window. What a dumb bird, the curtains were closed and he should have seen that  :huh:.   

Then he settled in and proceeded sleep and then to poo all over my bench and stuff. He was ok, just a messed up bird. I ran outside to scare him, and he wasn't scared, so my husband had to give him a little poke with a broom, and he flew off, all fine and dandy. 

Silly bird! I think a definition of insanity is trying to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, and yes, I believe this bird was insane. Running into windows over and over isn't a good idea for your noggin.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 07:34:47 AM »
I didn't see anything strange today...except me. XD

This. :lol: My sleepy morning face with cat ears askew (I sleep in a kitty eared hoodie) was quite the sight..
Fight like a girl..

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 10:14:40 AM »
Today I saw a pic a friend posted on Twitter that was pretty bizarre. Her friend had ended up in hospital after he landed on a fence and was impaled by it (!!), and someone had taken a photo of a section of the fence still in his leg in the hospital. HOLY [CENSORED]!

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »
Interesting thread about weirdness.
Today I put some of my childhood bead collection in some spice jars that had horrible garish colour plastic lids. So as a temporary solution I put some squares of fabric around the lids and tied it with ribbon in an attempt to make them look like those gingham jamjar covers that I've seen at country fairs. But the line of spice jars looked like they were ready to take part as shepherds in their school nativity play. That was weird to me...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal