collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 43517 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 04:45:01 PM »
The ONLY doll missing from my collection is SDCC Frankie, and I don't miss her.  Not a bit.  I hope they go back to doing re-colors at SDCC.  That way I don't have to kill myself trying to find someone to nab one for me.

I did not expect Scarah to be so hard to get last year!  Frankie was available for awhile after the con if I remember correctly.  And Deadfast Ghoulia, I had TIME to think over getting her or not, so she didn't sell out as quickly either.  Scarah?  I took a long lunch from work to sit at my computer to get her and STILL missed her!  I hope this year isn't so terrible.

Anyone know about the numbers?  Like, do they make the same amount every year?  I wonder if they'd make a few hundred more because demand is so high?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
I'm just going to give up the extra money up front and pre order. Unless if for some reason I'm fortunate enough to have someone willing to pick a comic con doll for me.

Could anyone tell me, are there any stores on Etsy where you can personal "orders" for doll clothing? I am going to have a lot of naked dolls hanging about soon if I keep adding to my collection of reroots so I'm hoping to find some clothing for them.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 06:14:25 PM »
I hope that if this year's SDCC doll is a new character, that they'd at least make a different version of that character as a regular retail release, like they're doing with Scarah.

What's this about pre-ordering the SDCC doll? Is this through Mattel?

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »
I think some preorders go up on Ebay for SDCC dolls. I may be wrong though so don't count on what I've said as a reliable source of information! :lol:
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »
I have a bad feeling that the SDCC exclusive is going to be Wydowna. Because she was in Polterghoul's comic book :/

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 07:03:02 PM »
It'd better be like....a re-dressed Wydowna to match the SDCC theme, and save her signature release for a public release.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »
I have a bad feeling that the SDCC exclusive is going to be Wydowna. Because she was in Polterghoul's comic book :/
this! was thinkin the ssame thing earlier

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 07:41:17 PM »
I just might do the pre-order route as well, if not buy her that day on eBay when she's on sale at Comic Con (assuming it's Wydowna). Depending on the price and all.

What's this about pre-ordering the SDCC doll? Is this through Mattel?
Part of me wants to say that Mattel does pre-orders for some of their Comic Con exclusives [either before the con or during the con] on their MattyCollector site. I can't quite remember if they did this for Scarah last year.
Other than that, there's usually people who offer pre-orders on eBay shortly after the Comic Con figure/doll is announced.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:27 PM »
I have a friend who subscribes to Matty Collector so I'm all set since subscribers have early access to the SDCC exclusives after the con! :lol:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »
I think MattyCollector does do a certain number of pre-orders for exclusives but only for people with SDCC passes (not the rest of us poor souls, lol) who will be attending and can pick up their stuff in person? So it's more like reserving.

But yeah, I've also seen a lot of sellers on ebay who attend the con and put up pre-orders; they'll refund if it turns out they don't get the exclusive after all (well, they will if they're honest :P) I'd probably try that route if it was an exclusive I was dying for  :huh: Along with trying to brave the MattyCollector serverpocalypse for the leftover sale, haha.

I admit I'm in the I-feel-bad-but-I-hope-it's-Wydowna camp... I'll feel terrible for all of you who want her if she is the exclusive, but I won't have to tie myself in knots trying to get her at a price I can afford... Much as I think she's a super cool doll and I hope she gets a (wide) release, I just really cannot deal with a big spider doll standing on my shelf  :yikes:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »
I admit I'm in the I-feel-bad-but-I-hope-it's-Wydowna camp... I'll feel terrible for all of you who want her if she is the exclusive, but I won't have to tie myself in knots trying to get her at a price I can afford... Much as I think she's a super cool doll and I hope she gets a (wide) release, I just really cannot deal with a big spider doll standing on my shelf  :yikes:
Don't feel bad about it! :D I'm not a fan of spiders IRL, but I just find it neat that Wydowna has four arms and I find her cute (kinda like Charlotte in Charlotte's web, hehe!).
Plus, I was honestly relieved it was Scarah last year as the exclusive (although admittedly a part of me is still a tiny bit upset that she won that fan voting contest xD) because I don't/didn't have much of an interest in her. I did like that HooDude came with her - he was one of my favorite side characters because of the episode he was "born" in. :)

Either way, whomever it is this year, hopefully more people will actually be able to get the doll at SDCC and said character won't sell out super fast.

And this just popped into my head... what if by some chance the SDCC exclusive is [a real you-can-actually-see-him-in-the-box] InvisiBilly?

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
Ohh... So excited to find out about the SDCC doll! I really wish they'd continue with the super hero theme...

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 09:47:23 PM »
Don't feel bad about it! :D I'm not a fan of spiders IRL, but I just find it neat that Wydowna has four arms and I find her cute (kinda like Charlotte in Charlotte's web, hehe!).
Plus, I was honestly relieved it was Scarah last year as the exclusive (although admittedly a part of me is still a tiny bit upset that she won that fan voting contest xD) because I don't/didn't have much of an interest in her. I did like that HooDude came with her - he was one of my favorite side characters because of the episode he was "born" in. :)

Either way, whomever it is this year, hopefully more people will actually be able to get the doll at SDCC and said character won't sell out super fast.

And this just popped into my head... what if by some chance the SDCC exclusive is [a real you-can-actually-see-him-in-the-box] InvisiBilly?

Oh goodness, if it's Invisibilly I'm definitely getting on board the ebay preorder wagon! :D I'm a Scarah and Hoodude fan so I was lucky to get them last year from a lovely Arena member, but I'm quite sure that's my SDCC luck used up forever  :biggrin:

I really hope Mattel has better organization this year for distribution at the con! Maybe they've learned from that whole "sell out before the con's barely open" fiasco. Maybe they will even raise the number produced? /musings

Ohh... So excited to find out about the SDCC doll! I really wish they'd continue with the super hero theme...

I wish too! Wouldn't it be cute if they could do a licensing deal and have the ghouls cosplaying some normie superheroes? XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 10:12:37 PM »
Oh goodness, if it's Invisibilly I'm definitely getting on board the ebay preorder wagon! :D I'm a Scarah and Hoodude fan so I was lucky to get them last year from a lovely Arena member, but I'm quite sure that's my SDCC luck used up forever  :biggrin:

I really hope Mattel has better organization this year for distribution at the con! Maybe they've learned from that whole "sell out before the con's barely open" fiasco. Maybe they will even raise the number produced? /musings
Haha, I would do the same! I liked InvisiBilly from the second I saw him. xD :heart: I was somewhat tempted last year to try and get Scarah on MattyCollector, but I felt I wouldn't have a chance at getting her. ^^

I sure hope Mattel learns from last year's sell-out situation, and at least increase the number of them being made (and of course not allow vendors to buy up nearly the whole stock before the doors open). I remember when I was on another MH forum during that Comic Con weekend, some members who were at CC were very frustrated about it and said they weren't going to bother getting future SDCC MH exclusives because of it. I was so disappointed that Mattel actually let that situation happen. :(

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 10:14:18 PM »
Mattel doesn't care. Bottom line is they get the money, don't much care where it comes from. I believe there have been people from Mattel who have said as much. It's awful, and cruel... but sadly that's big business. Nothing much matters so long as the dollar figures are good :/.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal