collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 39214 times)

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »
Some ideas for dressing your boyfiends -

Barbie pants and jeans - if you can find some without lace, glitter, or pink on 'em anywhere - fit the male dolls pretty well. A bit loose, but length is good and they can sit down without giving the ghouls a 'two moon junction'. I tend to move the Velcro or snaps to snug the waist in a bit, but often, it's not really necessary.

I've had some success getting the biggest of the Ken shoes to fit the guys, too. The bigger and squishier, the better the chances of fit are. Those loafers usually don't fit, but the 'sports' sandals often do. If it's slightly too tight, but mostly fits, soak the shoes in boiling water for a minute or two, then while they're still hot, carefully put them on a spare doll's feet (perfect use for extra CAM legs !) and let cool. I've had great luck with 'custom fitting' some snug pairs, and have yet to have any split. They also tend to keep that slightly expanded fit even after you take 'em off.

Here's Scaris Deuce now, in a pair of jeans from a $3. blow-mold knockoff Barbie doll from Dollar General and a pair of boil-soaked Ken fashion sandals.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hope that helps you with the boys !
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:13:40 PM by Dorriebelle »

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
If anyone's looking for her, Roller Maze Clawdeen is currently up on Amazon for $12.99 sold out:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5CROO2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:47:20 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »
I'm trying to keep my tax return for the MLP Fair. I was jobless for the first half of the year so my tax return won't be that great. Especially since I'm working on average 20 hours a week. The only dolls I'm really look for that are out now are Basic Venus, Swim Venus, two Swim Lagoonas and PD Cleo.

As for older dolls, I really don't want to spend a lot on them so I'm just going to not get them.

My stores are overflowing with PD Cleo... Let me know if you want me to pick her up...

I've can find her pretty easily, but most of them have bad make up and I need to be saving my money for a new car and the MLP fair so I'm waiting 'til I build up some more funds to justify buying a few $20 and $15 dolls. :lol: Thank you so much for the offer though! I just wish she was one of the PD dolls that were on sale for $11. I would have jumped on that so hard!

Though, I may not get Basic Venus if her Swim doll is basically the same. I'll just dress her up in some fun clothes.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 06:13:47 PM »
As for older dolls, I really don't want to spend a lot on them so I'm just going to not get them.
That is a very sensible and adult decision and I admire you very much.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
That is a very sensible and adult decision and I admire you very much.

Gee. Thanks.  :blush: I love these dolls, but I can't justify paying $40+ on dolls that are only a couple of years old because of the demand. Maybe I'll have luck and find some on craigslist or in a thrift store. I have most of the older dolls that I want, but there are some that I passed up and wish I didn't like Wave 1 Deuce, DotD Deuce and DotD Cleo, but such is life. :)
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
I'm not spending my tax return on dolls/ponies, but my student aid return. :blush:
Not going to buy anything big... Just ... Poseys. :devious:

And lots of doll shoes omg yeeees.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:24:47 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
It's been a gas killer for me lately. >,<;

Walmart is on my way home and they restock Thursdays, I'll keep an eye out for everyone, Catrine is not on my wish list and I will help if I can
Thanks mermaid_splash!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 06:25:26 PM »
I'm not spending my tax return on dolls/ponies, but my student aid return. :blush:
Not going to buy anything big... Just ... Poseys. :devious:

I should do that too... I was just going to put it in my savings until they come after me to return the loans I took out but it won't be a ton so I could easily replace it :wonder:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »
My hope is that Elissabat is Draculaura's little sister and is Howleen sized. Howleen needs friends. Same with Viperene- Deuce's lil sis. I want the bright yellow hair Lagoona to be Lagoona's lil sis and smaller. Anybody else hoping for a little sister line?

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »
No tax return money going to dollies here. We get to put money into my dental implant and the rest into savings (booorrrinngg!).

Well I guess that's not 100% true, hubby and I never got eachother Christmas presents this year so we will be doing that with tax money.. and THAT will be going to doll stuffs, I forgot about that.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »
Little sisters would be cute, but I want some older siblings too! I love Nefera and she needs some more fashions...but mostly shoes~

Also I'd adore some dolls made of  Valentine, Heath, Billy, Romulus, Andy, and maybe even the Ghouls Rule trio of Chad, Claire and Lilith Van Hellscream.  Chad's a little normal but LILITH would be a lot of fun to have around~

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 06:46:03 PM »
My hope is that Elissabat is Draculaura's little sister and is Howleen sized. Howleen needs friends. Same with Viperene- Deuce's lil sis. I want the bright yellow hair Lagoona to be Lagoona's lil sis and smaller. Anybody else hoping for a little sister line?
That would be so cute! I do think we need more Howleen-sized dolls. Same with Nefera-sized ones (although I am going to assume H-Bloodgood will be her size).
I wanna saw Clawdeen has other sisters besides Howleen, right? They could easily make dolls of them. Even "little brother" ones.  xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »
If they made a cyclops doll, would they come with an eyeglass or a sunglass? /philosoraptor

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 06:50:31 PM »
If they made a cyclops doll, would they come with an eyeglass or a sunglass? /philosoraptor

Heee I'd imagine the lens would have an Odysseus protection coating to prevent any mishaps.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:40 PM »
A cyclops doll would be cool. We need more monstrous-looking dolls. We need Wydowna. We need Manny Taur. Anything but yet another character that looks like a human in a costume. Come on Mattel!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal