collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 142219 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #750 on: January 27, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »
I now have 5 out of the 6 35th anniversary ponies  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: The 1stTarget I checked had the shelf label but no ponies. The 2nd Target  had 3 left. I think this is still part of the first set because the ponies I bought before (Minty and Butterscotch) were still missing as well as Blossom. Now I only need Blossom. I also ended up buying the retro Share Bear Care Bear with the soda symbol.

I do hope we all see Rainbow ponies also. :)

Ponyfan

Only if we all see collector ponies too. It needs to be everything for everyone everywhere.

It would be wonderful if everyone got everything. :) Somoene posted on Toys R US's Facebook page asking if they would also carry the retro ponies but they didn't get a response.

Thanks, glitterball. :)  I was so excited to get the 3 ponies and Care Bear I almost walked out with the small carry basket.  :lol:

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:41:32 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Naamah

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 27, 2018, 09:16:33 PM »
Quick observations:

The plastic is stiffer than the original G1 plastic, and it doesn't smell the same. It is clearly vinyl of some kind, it isn't hard plastic, it's just not as soft.  The head and neck fit together very smoothly, the seam is not obvious.

The hair is different.  I don't know what it is, but it isn't Nylon.  I don't like it very well to handle, but it's pretty to look at.

Despite what photos of them in the boxes might indicate, Snuzzle and Cotton Candy do not have the same shade of pink for the hair!  They are slightly different!  I love it.  It makes them feel more individual.

The colors are generally brighter; Minty's hair is whiter, the body colors are all a little brighter, Butterscotch's hair is a more vivid gold, etc. 

They MAY be a HAIR bigger.  By that I mean a tiny, tiny bit.  I'm going to get batteries for my calipers and get REAL picky.

They are not a 100% faithful reproduction, but they are very good, and the overall impression I have of them is that Bridge Direct made them to look the way we REMEMBER the originals looking -- brighter, possibly slightly larger.

I consider them worth the price, most definitely.

I look forward to any others TBD releases and will be making an effort to obtain them, possibly multiples.

I for-real cried with happiness when I saw they were thinking about rereleasing my favorite playset.
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth . . . that I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 28, 2018, 01:40:23 AM »
I am really considering having just one for me. I don’t like earth ponies but it could be just a collector thing to have one from the IS. Although l WILL unbox her. But as you say. Shipping costs can be a pain mostly because not everybody has the same ones. I have bought stuff from the US with shipping costs around 15$ and others that ask for more  than 20$. That’s the bummer....
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #753 on: January 28, 2018, 01:19:14 PM »
None of the Targets in my area have restocked; it's been a little over 2 weeks and I've checked every few days, and none of the employees have answers. Oh well. At least I got the one I really wanted... :) (Minty) Kinda kills the fun of collecting when they're so scarce...

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 28, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »
I reaaly like the look of these. It's been a long time since I was exited about a pony release, but I'd certainly not mind having these in my collection ;-)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 28, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
None of the Targets in my area have restocked; it's been a little over 2 weeks and I've checked every few days, and none of the employees have answers. Oh well. At least I got the one I really wanted... :) (Minty) Kinda kills the fun of collecting when they're so scarce...

Yeah, I'm having a similar situation.  I saw the first set when they were resetting the shelves and the whole set of 6 was shoved in with the Shopkins.  I only bought Minty.  I keep going back to check not because I intend to buy more but because I just want to see them in their proper place all displayed nicely.  But since that first time they have all disappeared.  I can't find them or the retro Strawberry Shortcake or the Carebears.  I've found the endcap with the retro toys but there isn't a space or a tag for any of the "girls" toys.

I suppose someone could have come along and bought everything.  It just seems weird that *all* of the retro "girls" toys are missing but all the board games, video games, Stretch Armstrong, Gumby, and color forms are there.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 28, 2018, 05:35:20 PM »
Found them, finally!! They had one of each, but I only bought 3 for now. (Which is still pushing my budget, but if they're scarce, I want to get them while I can).

Oddly enough, the endcap I found them on was the same as the pony aisle.

Also, Blossom (and possibly Bluebelle) seems to have a head/body mismatch.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 28, 2018, 05:40:03 PM »

Yeah, I'm having a similar situation.  I saw the first set when they were resetting the shelves and the whole set of 6 was shoved in with the Shopkins.  I only bought Minty.  I keep going back to check not because I intend to buy more but because I just want to see them in their proper place all displayed nicely.  But since that first time they have all disappeared.  I can't find them or the retro Strawberry Shortcake or the Carebears.  I've found the endcap with the retro toys but there isn't a space or a tag for any of the "girls" toys.

I suppose someone could have come along and bought everything.  It just seems weird that *all* of the retro "girls" toys are missing but all the board games, video games, Stretch Armstrong, Gumby, and color forms are there.

The Target store I’ve bought mine has two retro endcaps. One has the retro games and the other has the retro ponies Strawberry Shortcake dolls and Care Bears although Sat the Care Bears were on the next end so. The other Target has them all on one endcap but I haven’t found the retro ponies there.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 28, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »

The Target store I’ve bought mine has two retro endcaps. One has the retro games and the other has the retro ponies Strawberry Shortcake dolls and Care Bears although Sat the Care Bears were on the next end so. The other Target has them all on one endcap but I haven’t found the retro ponies there.

Ponyfan

Ok, thanks.  Maybe my Target is waiting to clear off one of their end caps they are using for after-Christmas clearance.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 28, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »

Ponyfan

Ok, thanks.  Maybe my Target is waiting to clear off one of their end caps they are using for after-Christmas clearance.
I also found a few of the 35th ponies on a special G4 pony endcap (that not all Targets have), so there's another spot to check.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 28, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »
This is wonderful!!! I am currently travelling in Asia, so I will keep my eyes open for these guys. I might get my friends back in England to get whatever gets released there for me if I can't find anything here. So exciting!! The Pony Hunt is on!!

Jules x

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 28, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »
My friend sent me Butterscotch, and I’m over the moon. I love her to bits, she’s just so beautiful. These are totally worth it!

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 29, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »
Went back and grabbed the last 3, and they'd already restocked another full set! This Target isn't messing around.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 29, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »
Anyone spotting these elsewhere? I'm going to check toys r us, though my hopes will probably be in vain.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 29, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »
No luck at TrU.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal