collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: AGHHHH how dare you all?!?! (finally cracked and got my first dolls!!) :D  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: AGHHHH how dare you all?!?! (finally cracked and got my first dolls!!) :D
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »
when they first came out i was so excited, i wanted every single one of them. but then i saw the price and realized they were too expensive for me at the time (my job had tried to cut me, so i only made $40 a week) so then i stuck with ponies. and now that i can afford the dolls, i'm going insane at which one i want next!!! my mom doesn't seem to happy about me collecting them though. she didn't mind about the ponies, the littlest pet shop she was just fine with, but now that i'm into monster high, she just seems to look down on it. she's never questioned my monster addiction before, she even had bought me a zombie faced birthday cake once. so i don't know why she's hatin' now. lol i just can't enough!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 09:43:33 PM »
My mom thinks they're weird, but she's slowly coming around. She's already accepted my pony collecting (that took quite awhile to happen) as well as my Hello Kitty collecting. When I got Draculaura, I showed her and she was like "why do you like her?" and my reply was "she's cute!" which she didn't understand. I think she said something along the lines of "how is a vampire cute?" But she seems to really like Spectra. I just told her about Catrine and she's going to keep an eye out at Wal-Mart for me since sometimes she goes there without me.

Offline FlitterRose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
There is definitely no such thing as "one" monster high doll. I know, I've tried.

Sorry,Flutterwonder13,but I guess I gotta crash that opinion of yours,til I'm still saving money for Rochelle XD
I also guess I'm the only one here with only one doll  :lookround: Don't worry,SS Abbey,momma's gonna buy you a Rochelle Goyle friend when she has enough money :P
Sup

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2012, 01:47:32 AM »
My mom thinks they're weird, but she's slowly coming around. She's already accepted my pony collecting (that took quite awhile to happen) as well as my Hello Kitty collecting. When I got Draculaura, I showed her and she was like "why do you like her?" and my reply was "she's cute!" which she didn't understand. I think she said something along the lines of "how is a vampire cute?" But she seems to really like Spectra. I just told her about Catrine and she's going to keep an eye out at Wal-Mart for me since sometimes she goes there without me.

i think my mom is finally starting to warm up. i told her about my plan to stick a lot of dolls on the christmas layaway so i don't spend a ton of money all at once, and she seemed to feel a little better about it. i think she was just worried i was throwing away too much money.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2012, 02:08:12 AM »
Boyfriend felt the same way about it when I started getting my ponies out of storage, then again when I started collecting the dolls. I told him to look at them as investments, or even as hand me downs to our kids some day. The investment idea got him to ease up a bit, as did ANTM. He likes to critique each photo on his own, and we decide who we're going to vote for each challenge too. It took him a little while to warm up to them, so I'm sure its only a matter of time until your mom gets on board too.  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal