collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have a favourite Airline?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a favourite Airline?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »
I'm smaller than the average 5th grader, so I'm not particularly difficult to please when it comes to air travel, especially because I mostly just fly within the US. I just flew Delta a week ago, and right now they're top because of those cookies! And the lady gave me two packets of them on the flight back, too.

Not to mention, I was seated next to big guys both on the going and returning flights. And both times, they got to move to the Emergency row, and I had two seats all to myself! That probably speaks more for luck rather than the quality of the airline itself, but it helped win me over.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:44:30 PM by Jocelyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »
I only flew on three different trips, and those two trips were now over a decade ago. I believe all of my flights were Southwest airlines.

Seeing as I've only flown from that one airline, I can't say I can have an informed opinion.

|My Collection|

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 05:43:00 AM »
I really like Southwest. They've never crashed.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 05:35:49 PM »
The most I've been on is Southwest and Delta.  They're fine for shorter flights - like 2 hrs or less.  Traveling to Europe I've been on Air France and Continental.  Those were fine too.

Haven't really developed a fav.  But we are planning on going to Australia in December for my SIL's wedding, so I'm open to what airlines are good for getting there!

What I really need to get is TSA pre-check.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 07:01:20 PM »
I'm a born and bred Navy Brat and have family all over the place, plus I was in band in high school and we went out of state every other year for our trip competitions. So...I have flown quite a bit in my life, lol.

Hands down the best experience I have EVER had flying was with Air New Zealand. Their crew are AMAZING and the planes were fantastic as well. The larger jets for the international flights are excellent - plenty of room, and there was a really impressive selection if you wanted to watch shows or movies in-flight. The smaller jets for domestic flights are no less impressive. I also loved that they hand out lollies to help with the pressure buildup; I'd forgotten to buy a pack of gum, so I really appreciated the gesture! The food was really delicious as well.

US domestic flights, my favorite airline that I've flown with is probably Virgin, although I've actually only used them once so far. I've flown Frontier before and didn't have any problems, but that was several years ago and only one round trip, so maybe I got lucky or they've changed since, because I've heard not great things about them lately.  I will NEVER willingly fly Delta or Spirit ever again. Nothing but terrible experiences, and I've flown Delta more than once because of band (we actually joke because of those experiences that "Delta" is actually an acronym standing for "Don't Ever Leave The Airport."  >_<

I've only flown Spirit once, and that was all I need to never use them again. Absolutely terrible experience, and their customer service is also a total nightmare. My parents and I were discussing them during the whole fiasco in the airport as things were going on, and someone overheard us - because of work, she has to be at the airport to pick people up and drop them off all the time, and she told us that whenever people she picks up had flown Spirit, they only had negative experiences and say they will never use that airline again. So I'm guessing our bad experience was not just a fluke.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 07:03:10 AM »
I agree with clawleen on spirit, once was enough with them.  I just flew out a few weeks ago by them for a work conference. Booked my seats in August for a January flight to make sure I got seats where I wanted.  They offered 10 front big seats I booked 2 for both my flight there, flight back (my mom came with me) and one checked bag (we shared).  Flight came to $211 a person so I was pleased with the cost. A few weeks before the trip I checked our flight status and seating.  They changed the plane model,and reassigned our seats to the normal seating with no notice, and no refund for downgrading our seat.  I was less the pleaded seeing I'm tall and read about how little leg room there is.  When I called to complain, the call was outsourced and the person I spoke to did not speak very clear English and also did not understand what I was explaining the issue was.  Finally she understood, said there was nothing she could do but give me a voucher that would expire in something like 3 months.  I only fly every 2 years.  After I said that was not acceptable I got put on hold for a good 20 minutes and she comes back says okay we will issue you a refund.  We get that all squared away then she goes now you need to repay to re reserve your seats, because you can't have the seats we assigned you, those are for handicap people....

So they switch the plane model, don't notify me of the seat change, don't refund for the downgrade until o complain, reassign me seats I can't have, then made me pay to rereserve seats?  Lovely customer service!

Then flying out,  one of the seats broke.  They were going to bump the person who was assigned that seat off the plane to tomorrow's flight because they had no more flights going out that day and don't offer to put them on another companies flights. She was flying out with her family of 6 to Disney for vacation!  Luckily someone stepped up and said they would fly to another city that spirit was flying to,  but really you just tell people sorry your out of luck.  Who cares what plans you had or the cost you would loose on a hotel or work if you where heading home, they offer no compensation.  That flight too off almost a hour late for no real reason.

Flight coming back they loaded is a 1/2 hour late for take off again for no good reason.  The plane we left on arrived on arrived early to boot.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 08:44:45 AM »
British Airways was fantastic when it came to moving from the US to Sweden with my cat. They will always have a special place in my heart for making that potentially crazy/stressful trip so very easy for me and my kitty. <3 Their planes are nice as well, of course. ;)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 09:12:25 AM »
Slj84 and claween I totally agree about spirit too.  I don't have as bad as an experience as you but I avoid them after my on short trip with them.  They have so many hidden fees.  Our flight ended up costing more than of we'd paid for a more expensive airline because they just hide all their fees.  And as it was a work trip I was going for I ended up not being able to claim any of e hidden things.

They also tried to charge us $50 for our carry on being too large.  My carry on bag is tiny.  It actually fits inside the usual size you can take on most planes.  I pretty much just went, nope, not happening.  So they made a note that in future to check my bag size, and I've never flown with them again.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 03:05:35 AM »
I have a massive Phobia of Flying, so what do I do? Live in places that require 2-3 transfers to get home  -_-

My favorite airline is any airline that goes up and down when it's supposed to while I am on it.

I've probably flown on Alaska Airlines the most as they are pretty much the only airline that flies into Fairbanks, Alaska and I had a 9/10 chance that I would arrive several hours BEFORE my luggage.

United Airlines almost left my dog in Chicago. The plane was going to the runway then it stops. I look out the windo and see one of those luggage train things with my dog in it.  >_<

China Eastern Airlines - by the time I GOT to china and after a 12 hour delay in Shanghai, I fell asleep as soon as I got on the plane.

Delta - probably a close 2nd to Alaskan Airlines but service is....bleh. Unless going international. They feed you for free and free luggage

Virgin Atlantic was nice.

As for airports, avoid Shanghai at all costs. Apparently china is subject to random "lets delay the entire airport for no reason" delays and flight cancellations. The worst part ws the lack of communication. There were no gate agents to even ask about where your flight was supposed to be leaving from and those boards with the info were not updated for several hours. Not to mention any announcements that were made was only in chinese.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »
I've flown United and Southwest the most; Southwest was better by far!  I've never seen a Southwest flight overbooked, it usually is full, but not overbooked 5-10 people the way United usually was.  Delays happen through no fault of the airline, but at least Southwest apologized for the 2 hour delay, unlike United.  With United, I also ran into the 'these seats are for handicapped' *while* sitting in my assigned(by them!) seat and had to move...sounded like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing, haha!
United used to fly from a local airport only 30 minutes from my home, instead of having to ask someone to drive me the 2 1/2 hours to the 'big' airport, that was the whole reason I flew with them.  I learned my lesson, though, sometimes closer to home isn't worth it; I got there 10 hours late(instead of 11 pm Friday, it was 8:30 am Saturday!) and literally got NO sleep a full 24 hours before the first pony fair I went to....and had *just* enough time to get there and throw my stuff on the table before it opened, forget organizing or pricing anything.

Southwest flies from my closest major airport, has competitive prices and 2 free checked bags, I'm sticking with them when I fly for the foreseeable future!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 01:45:21 AM »
Im flying Korean airlines when I go home for a visit in May. Not sure what im gonna do on a plane for 15 hours though :cry:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 04:52:06 AM »
Movies, drinking, sleeping!  :P

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »
I have 2 favourite airlines, Air New Zealand and Emirates. Both wonderful and comfy for long flights (esp as I live in NZ and flights are always long to anywhere) and Air NZ is great for the shortish domestic flights as well, lots of leg room.

My least favourite is Lufthansa, cramped seating, no room to move at all and dingy planes. This airline is one I'll always avoid.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 09:19:48 PM »
My least favourite is Lufthansa, cramped seating, no room to move at all and dingy planes. This airline is one I'll always avoid.

I second that. Tried it only once and hated it too. And that coming from a German ...

Offline Sky_Rocket

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »
I work for a travel company and have managed to fly at bit (last year I few around the world for two trips)

Best Airline - Emirates.  Second would be Air Canada.

Worst - Cubana Air. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal