collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous (NPAA)  (Read 7800 times)

Reiya

• Trade Count: (0)
Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous (NPAA)
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »
I don't know about you but I am absolutly addicted to nail polish!  Flakies, creams, duochrome, jelly, indie... You name it I love it!  I know there must me more of you nail polish hoarders out there besides me.  Tell me about you loves and dislikes. If you have any questions about polish feel free to ask, I'll probably know the answer but if I do t I can find out!

brands i own: Well I only count my "prestige" brands as a part if my collection but I do own a few bottles of drug store brand polishes. Prestige wise I have OPI, China Glaze, Essie, and Zoya. Drugstore brands I have Sally Hansen, N.Y.C., Revlon, Ulta*, Ulta Professional*, Maybelline, and Bon Bons.
base and top coat? Yes, this is a must for me!
favorite finish: Right now I'm really in to creams!
preferred nail length: I tend to keeps nails long like the typical acrylic nail length, not loooonnnngggg like claws not short like a nub.

*I realize that these aren't "drugstore" brands but I don't classify them as a prestige line either.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:49:26 PM by Reiya »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 07:48:20 PM »
I buy, but I hardly ever use it, does that count?  :P

Reiya

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
Haha yeah that counts too! I feel bad that I have a few that I haven't ever worn... Its just so pretty in the bottle! :heart:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
I love nail polish!
OPI is probably my favorite but I've been getting a little burnt out on them as none of the collections have really appealed to me lately.
You can see my collection here :D
http://pupe.ameba.jp/closet/AnR_de_Ef5zA/#i11060_1
Right now I'm wearing my Revlon Creme Brulee.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
Oh, how I wish I could use nail polish. I have a bad, bad habit of nail biting. I get to the point where they are almost chewed and picked entirely gone. I seriously wish I could break myself of this habit. I used to never bite my nails and always wore nail polish. I don't really care about what brand I use, but I tend to gravitate towards the glittery kinds. Right now I have two rainbow glittery ones and a really gorgeous glittery blue with silver sparkles in it.  I also have a mint green colored one that doesn't look as pretty on as it should.

I pain my toenail sometimes but they aren't in the best of shape either. Long story. XD
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »
DazzleKitty, I am nail biter too. I think I may have broke it though. I went and got acrylics put on for a few months. And when I got tired of spending the money on them I took them off. I haven't chewed my nails in weeks after they were off.

As for nail polish, I buy a bottle every time I see one that catches my eyes. A lot of the time I will go to Walgreens when they have a buy one get one sale. I really like Sinful Colors and Sally Hansen's Xtreme Ware. Since they are more budget friendly for me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
Oh my goodness, I repaint my nails AT LEAST once a week.  I can't stand chips.  I'm currently drooling over a discontinued shade from OPI, Black Cherry Chutney.  I think I'm going to snag it on eBay.

Brands I own:  About 90% of my polishes are OPI.  I also have so Esse, but that's about all I'll buy.  Sometimes I'll snag another brand, but it's rare.  I'm very particular and would rather spend the money on a good polish than have lots of cheaper ones.

Base and top coat?  ALWAYS.  I've been using nail strengthener for a base coat lately and it's working really well for me.  It took me a long time to find a topcoat that I really liked, but I adore "Wicked Fast" by Cult Nails.  I order it online, but it's worth the shipping.  It dries really fast, hard, and shiny.  LOVE!

Favorite finish:  A lot of my colors are metallic or sparkly, but lately I've been into a more flat finish with a high shine top coat.

Favorite colors:  Over half my polishes are red or pink, some bright, some super dark.  I am wearing the deeper shades right now mostly, since they feel fall-appropriate.  (had to add this in)

Preferred nail length: I like mine to be medium.  Long enough to just barely go past my fingertips, but no longer.  I usually have them quite short though, since I work with kids and they tend to get smacked and broken a lot.  I file them squarish, but with slightly rounded corners.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Reiya

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:55:12 PM »
3377345: I really like OPI but I do feel that they have been lacking unique colors lately. But I must say hands down they are my favorite nail polish brand, between the patented double wide brush and the creative names what's not to love?

DazzleKitty: Breaking a bad habit is always hard so don't get discouraged.  Maybe you could try setting a goal for yourself, you could find a nail polish that you really like and keep it as a reminded that you are working twords healthy nails. Have you tried looking at you local pharmacy for a nail bitting prevention treatment? It kind of like a sour or spicy oil you brush onto your nails to make you aware of when you bite your nails.

OLumeVaSti: Congratulations on breaking your bad habit! I haven't ever tried Sinful Colors myself but I've see some reviews in their polishes and fri. What I've heard they work really well. Next time you wear a color from them you'll have to tell me about it!:) I tend to wait until after the season to buy new polish so it's on sale. I know that Sall Beauty Supply sometimes has really good deals on out of season ploishes and Ulta has some for a few dollars off too.

ZennaBug: Oh my gosh yes! Someone who is just as obsessed as I am! I won't buy anything except for the prestigious brands anymore. The only drugstore ones I have are left from my tweens and the only reason I keep them any more is for when a friend comes over and wants me to show then how I do my nails. Ever since I learned about the big 3 I've been really conscious about the products I use.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 06:25:20 AM »
I have ... tons and tons.  I prefer Zoya or OPI.  I always have my toenails painted.  My fingernails are lucky to get painted once a month.  I have naturally fantastic nails, so I keep them whatever length is comfortable with their rapid growth rate and trim when necessary.  I prefer short, though.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

ZettaMomo

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 06:42:31 AM »
I don't have any brands I prefer. I usually like to try different kinds. I feel bad, though, because I own so much nail polish that I never use.
I am a little bit of a nail bitter. Not horribly bad, but enough that I don't like to get anything really expensive done to them. Also with the crafting I do it constantly ruins my nails and rips off any nail polish I have on.
Personally my favorite colors are pastels. Sometimes I like to paint each nail a different color so it looks like a rainbow. XD

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 06:44:54 AM »
DazzleKitty, I am nail biter too. I think I may have broke it though. I went and got acrylics put on for a few months. And when I got tired of spending the money on them I took them off. I haven't chewed my nails in weeks after they were off.

As for nail polish, I buy a bottle every time I see one that catches my eyes. A lot of the time I will go to Walgreens when they have a buy one get one sale. I really like Sinful Colors and Sally Hansen's Xtreme Ware. Since they are more budget friendly for me.

I am like considering this, but I hear that it is awful once you decide to stop? (like ruined nail bed and etc). Is this not the case? o__o; if not, shoot, maybe it is an option for me after all.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 07:19:06 AM »
I used to but I have too much to do anymore. I don't have time for my nails to dry.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 07:56:44 AM »
I love nail polish too!  But I mainly paint my toes - even in winter.  :P  Since I'm an artist and draw and paint all the time, polish on my fingernails just chips way too often for me to deal with (even with wearing base and top coats).  For that reason, I only don polish on my fingers when it's a special occasion (like, a wedding or anniversary date out, lol).  But I go to town on my toes!  I even have nail pens and rhinestones to do designs.

I like the shimmery finishes.  And for comfort in drawing, I keep my nails juuuuust past my fingertip length.  :)

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 09:18:03 AM »
nothing as in depth as that, but I do like colour now and again :)

I usually keep my nails pretty short.  They grow like weeds..which also means ive never had a need for fake nailes/jelly/acyrlic.  Crackle nail polish is neat and the one that changes different colours in cold or warm temperatures is neat too though I havent seent hat one in awhile.

I usually go for blues/purples/pinks and white or brown but will sometimes do a kind of summer orange or spring green when the weather is warmer.  Most of mine are pearlesant or have some kind of shimmer in them...I hate plane polish! Ill also sometimes try to draw flowers or something but im not very steady with my right hand

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 09:30:14 AM »
I was addicted to experimenting with nail polish for a while after I was able to quit biting my nails. I was doing great all this year, my nails were looking great, up until a family emergency made me slip right back into old habits recently, ugh. Back to square one.

I love the magnetic nail polishes that Sally Hansen makes. They have bits of iron ore in the paint so once you're done applying the color, you hold a magnet over it and it adds these really neat-looking striped designs. It reminds me a bit of a piece of a Tiger's Eye gemstone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal