Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Fixing a rusty tail? -Pictures of fixed pony!

(1/4) > >>

emera_lazzaly:
Hey every pony! I have a pony who has a badly rusted tail.  I have used toothpaste to get most of the rust out but I have some questions about putting the tail back together and inside.

I got a washer and zip tie for the tail because I read somewhere that is how to fix the tail.

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of what this looks like when completed or a tutorial for it? I'm not sure where/how to put on the zip tie or where/how to put on the washer. Thanks!

kittybethy:
I don't have pics, but it sounds like you are doing everthing right!

lovesbabysquirmy:
It's not as hard as you would think.  You can use zip ties as replacement washers in the future with this method too. 

Okay, see the clamp that is in the middle of the tail?  The metal part that wraps around the hair?  Using two pairs of pliers, pry it off the hair.  Zip the ziptie around the hair.  Now, position your pony and by angling the zip tie at a 45 degree angle or so, you should be able to shove the tail back into the pony.  Awkward, I know.  ;D  Use a pair of pliers to reach inside the pony and pull most (but NOT all) the hair forward.  There should now be enough space to guide the washer over the zip tie and tilt it into place.  Now, pull the tail gently back and the tension should work itself out so that the tail is straight. 

This may not work if you don't have teeny tiny zipties.  If they are too big for washers to fit over, simply proceed from the beginning, and then when you are pulling part of the tail through the body, wrap a second ziptie - opposite way to the first- and that will keep the tail from coming out when you are brushing a pony.  :)

Hope that helps!

emera_lazzaly:
Thank you so much lovesbabysquirmy!!!! I really appreciate it! I was thinking something similar but wasn't sure it would work!

PS: I nicknamed this particular pony "squirmy" when I was little so it's cool it's in your name!

Oneleo1:
I think there is a tutorial on zip tie tails in Customs :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version