collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: your cosmetic recommendations  (Read 6883 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
your cosmetic recommendations
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:38:28 AM »
Got my idea from the 'I won't buy from' thread ;-)

is there any cosmetic you just can't live without? Disclaimer: I do not work for any of these companies!;-)

For me...
Garner bb cream, lots of people have told me they don't like this, but i love it! its definitely more foundation than a moisturiser so don't be fooled by the label, but if you use foundation but don't like caked in it(like me!) this is great stuff

maybelline  mascaras and dream mousse foundation are both always in my make up bag, i love them

for the European people, essence products! cheapest stuff on the market but wow their stuff is priceless,

anyone know any good moisturisers, after washing my face its as dry as the Sahara desert and I've yet to find a decent moisturiser that helps :-(

feel free to add to my list and even throw in your dislikes! and please excuse my lack of capital letters and any bad grammar, i'm using my phone today :-)

*edit* to fix damn typos from my phone..stupid T9!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:38:33 AM by lil.cutie.pie »

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: your cosmetic recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:33:43 AM »
I don't know much about all this because I hardly use makeup and hardly take care of skin at all ... >.<

THE things I use all the time though are:
moisturizers: Sephora brand, good and cheap products, I usually get the big pots
lip balms: Labello, all of them are good but currently using and loving the "hydro care" one :)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »
I'm not much into make up but the two things I can't live without is

1. Clarins hydraquench 'extra dry and cold climates' facial cream. I'm one of those people with really dry skin. My face feels like it's shrinking and burning up the minute I step out of the shower and this is the only one that work for me. I use a smaller amount during summer and smack my face up with a ton of it during winter.

2. Cliniques Mineral powder foundation. I swear by it! Works wonder with the facial cream, looks natural and don't cake.

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:44 AM »
I'd recommend Olay moisturiser :) My Mum has used it every day, twice a day, since she was 13. Mum is 60 this year and ...she has FLAWLESS skin o___o not even like the beginning of a wrinkle, people are always complimenting her on it.

Then again I think a very regular and THOUROUGH routine with *any* moisturiser is beneficial! (she uses a very generous amount and rubs in for like 5 minutes twice a day...so maybe how thouroughly it is used also helps. If she sees me use a small pea-sized amount I get told off lol.)

Another friend I recommended Olay too was allegic to it (but she is allergic to most skin lotions)
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:23:09 AM »
Loreal Infallible Foundation! I wont leave the house without a base coat of this on! Lol....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:01 AM »
Hmmmm..... Not really. I'm always trying something different. Typically because I forget what I bought last time.....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
I love Urban Decay!  Their products are high-quality (especially the eyeshadows and eyeliners) and they're animal friendly (with many vegan products.) I've used them for years.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:01:51 AM »
Okay, I have ridiculously sensitive skin, so I'm very careful with my makeup and stuff. So I have been forced into learning a bunch of things.

For my skincare needs I use all natural products - If I don't KNOW what the ingredients are I don't buy the products. Mostly I use soaps/face cream from a place called - Rose of Sharon Acres. She does AMAZING organic goats-milk products.

I use her Black Beauty Bar (dead sea salt/charcoal) about x2 a week for exfoliation. Nightly I use her tea tree & lavender beauty bar (which helps with acne), In the morning I use the Tomato bar. I moisturize both morning and night with her Mango complexion cream. Best products ever honestly. I have amazing skin, even without foundation or anything and I attribute it to her products. My skin was AWFUL before I started using them about 6 months ago.

Makeup -
Primer: Either Tarte's Clean Slate or Urban Decay's facial potion Primer (prefer Clean Slate, doesn't irritate my skin)
Foundation: Tarte's Tinted moisturizer (adds a nice glow), when I need something heaver I use their medium level anti-aging foundation. They just released a full coverage one.
Finishing: Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder - light and smooth, stays on ALL day like a dream without feeling cakey or itchy.

Eyes:
   Primer: Too faced Shadow Insurance OR Urban Decay Potion Primer. Both favorites (tend to prefer UD's over Too faced).
   Shadows: Urban Decay - I love their shadows (I have both their Naked Palettes, I love them and the colors). Tarte - again, never irritated my skin (which is ridiculously sensitive). Stila is another good brand. For a cheap brand with great pigmentation and blending - you can't beat Wet and Wild - their color icon series has been good (as long as you don't want purples.)
   Mascara: I have ridiculously long lashes - so just about ANY work fine for me. I generally use the Maybelline Lash Blast ones though.
   Eye Liner: I LOVE Stila smudge sticks usually (they are creamy, easy to apply and stay forever). I also adore Urban Decay 24/7 liners. In a pinch I will use Ulta liners, but they aren't as smooth or easy to use.

Lips:
   Liner: Tarte usually, Ulta occasionally.
   Stains: These are probably my best friend. I prefer Tarte's because they last as long as advertised yet fade for when I want something different the next day.
   Glosses: I use just about everything here, I'm a lip-gloss addict.

As Eviecorn mentioned, I also like both Tarte and Urban decay because they offer cruelty free products with a good majority of them being vegan friendly as well. They both also use a lot of natural ingredients so I don't worry about what I am putting on my face. I avoid most drugstore brands because with my sensitive - ACNE PRONE- skin, I break out like a FIEND if something doesn't agree with my skin. I'm very careful about what I stick on my face and I've done a lot of research.

I like Too Faced cosmetics as a brand - however just be cautious with some of their products. I tried their foundation and primers but I can't use them because they make me break out really bad. I've heard good things about their shadows but I personally haven't tried them. Urban Decay and Tarte tend to be my go-to brands for shadows. I use cheap mascara because mostly I just need to add color - I don't have to worry about brittle lashes, short lashes, ect.

If you're looking for pigments, Sugar Pill cosmetics and M.A.C. both offer some AMAZING pigments, but I only use these once in a while.

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
For skin products, I absolutely ADORE Yes to Carrots/Cucumbers/Tomatoes/Blueberries/. My skin is super sensitive, and none of these have SLS or parabens them, which is great. It's also pretty afforadable for an all natural line.

For a body moisturizer I love the Original Scent lotion from Jergens. It smells like cherries and almonds. I'm an absolute nut for anything cherry flavored or scented~

I don't wear makeup too much anymore, as lately I'm really just at home and have nobody to impress or anything  :P . But I ADORE the One By One mascara by Maybelline. It's great for getting long and separated lashes for a doll like look.

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 02:46:55 AM »
Ooh I shouldnt have started this thread, cos it sounds like theres a whole tonne of new stuff Im gonna have to try! ;)

I'm absolutely addicted to beauty products, and half of them I buy just for the packaging, I swear Ive a problem! lol

I love Urban Decay products myself, and benefit are also brill, but usually they're a bit above my budget :(
M.A.C, Im more fussy, eyeshadows are gorgeous, but I got a foundation as a gift last year ( cant remember which one!) and it was awful..I had a big orange face on me and it was caked on looking even though I only had a bit on..

@Hathorcat, I never tried that foundation, more based on price than anything (honest to God, Im just a hog for cheap make-up! :P ) I might give one of the testers a shot and see what its like!

Oh what does everyone use to remove make up? I was always told baby wipes, and they are great tey get rid of *everything* but they dry my face out no end :( I use cleansing milk but they arent that great..

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
Ooh I shouldnt have started this thread, cos it sounds like theres a whole tonne of new stuff Im gonna have to try! ;)
I was thinking the same thing.  I started writing it down.

I switch so often that I can't recommend anything.  Well I do swear by Loreal Lash Out Mascara.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
I use plain old regular Extra Virgin Olive Oil for my make-up remover. It removes everything really easily and doesn't dry out my skin at all.

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »
As for a moisturizer, I have very dry skin and I've been using Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream. It's not heavy and my skin absorbs it fairly quickly. It's not cheap (I wish!), but I like that I can find it in the drugstore and it's less expensive than some other moisturizers that I've tried.

I have skin allergies and can't use most cosmetics. I have a serious soft spot for nail polish, though; recently I've been infatuated with Chanel's polishes. They're stupidly expensive, but they've got some amazing colours...and there's just something I can't explain about them that really dazzles me. Might just be the brand.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »
I use Oregon Wild Hair mustache wax. I don't think that's type of response you're looking for, but you asked.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »
I use Oregon Wild Hair mustache wax. I don't think that's type of response you're looking for, but you asked.

This made me laugh!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal