collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Split plugs - help?  (Read 618 times)

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Split plugs - help?
« on: June 24, 2021, 12:30:08 AM »
I'm getting ready to rehair a pony and I noticed a section on her head where the plugs have all split open and made one big hole. It's not HUGE but it involves what used to be about 7-10 plugs. Is there any way to fix it with some kind of glue or something? I'm extra bummed because it's one of my aunt's childhood ponies that I'm restoring and I just want it to still look nice when I'm done. :yikes:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Split plugs - help?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 05:28:00 AM »
You could try Plastizap and apply it with a pin. I have no idea how easy it will be to re-hair if this glue is used i.e. whether flexible but it might be worth a try.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 05:36:06 AM »
If it's only 7-10 plugs you can probably rehair like you normally would, it shouldn't be that noticeable when finished. :) Don't use too much force, though - if the whole row of plug holes splits it'll be difficult to fix...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 12:41:06 PM »
I've had this issue on a few ponies I've rehaired, I find it's best to boil the head (I always do this but especially with enlarged plugs or small splits) to shrink all of the holes, and then go over the split section with some kind of vinyl glue to fill it in and reinforce the row. I use Liquid Fusion, usually by dabbing some over the split plugs on the outside and the inside, and then I reapply after that layer dries until I'm left with a smooth surface kind of like filling in a crack/hole on a wall lol.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 04:47:19 AM »
Liquid Fusion is fantastic for repairs like this, and it remains flexible after it dries. You can use it to cover the torn plugs, then when you’re ready to rehair you can use a pin or a tack to punch new holes in the Liquid Fusion area.

Elf

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 06:39:01 PM »
Guess I'll get some Liquid Fusion  :lol: Thanks everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal